Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Off line levels

I do not really mind they are gone, but they were certainly extremely usefull for lvl-ing alts. That being said, i do think they could have done something different, like if you had 50+ you would have had your OLL turned into a token to use for 1 char at 30+ to get em to 80. That way you could have gotten rid of the OLL and still given subs and former subs something in return for what they paid for.

Either wich way lvl-ing needs to be looked at, since it takes ages (read: weeks) to lvl and gear a char for its first T1.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrusaran View Post

Either wich way lvl-ing needs to be looked at, since it takes ages (read: weeks) to lvl and gear a char for its first T1.
    Levelling needs to be slowed down instead. There should be no daily 20 kills, and Blessing of Asura should be removed from the game. The speed at which you gain levels is immense in this game, and the mobs are too easy sometimes (that is why we need more group quests returned into the game). Now, the membership system with the +30 % buff averts me from subscribing. Weeks to level up are too much? This is a strange thing to say. I level my characters enjoying the game, instances, and all of the offered challenges; and it took me 8 months for my first character to get to 80, which was quite fast, as I skipped a couple of instances while levelling (Catacombs and Halls of Eternal Frost). Plus, you can get your PVP levels while doing that.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 6th July 2016 at 07:15.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Levelling needs to be slowed down instead. There should be no daily 20 kills, and Blessing of Asura should be removed from the game. The speed at which you gain levels is immense in this game, and the mobs are too easy sometimes (that is why we need more group quests returned into the game). Now, the membership system with the +30 % buff averts me from subscribing. Weeks to level up are too much? This is a strange thing to say. I level my characters enjoying the game, instances, and all of the offered challenges; and it took me 8 months for my first character to get to 80, which was quite fast, as I skipped a couple of instances while levelling (Catacombs and Halls of Eternal Frost). Plus, you can get your PVP levels while doing that.
    Blessing of Asura HAS been removed - as part of the membership revamp. But that at least was completely optional to use unlike the +30% membership buff which can only be avoided by not being subscribed. And then there are the new daily challenges - some of which are nearly impossible not to do - which award extra XP.

I agree with you - leveling is TOO fast now, at least for those of us who actually enjoy playing through the content and don't want to just swish past it to reach the so-called "endgame" as quickly as possible.

I wish there was some method to (temporarily) turn off XP gains entirely. Heck, I would even be willing to pay a (small) amount of Funcom Points for that.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikT View Post
    And then there are the new daily challenges - some of which are nearly impossible not to do - which award extra XP.
    I did not know that. This is bad news... I wish it were possible to disable this.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Delayed so much on sub revamp and then suddenly told people to use their hundreds offline level within a month is just too rush, inappropriate and disrespectful behavior.
    Henryx Guardian
    Henryau Pom
    Henryz Barb
    Henryuki Hox
    Henryn Necro
    Crom
    - Henryx Age of Conan Youtube -
    - Henryx Age of Conan Blog -

Someone who had hundreds of offline levels and didn't spend them didn't really need them, I dare say.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Someone who had hundreds of offline levels and didn't spend them didn't really need them, I dare say.
    I had 139 offline levels before June 30th and I was able to use 130 of those levels before they were eliminated. Someone with hundreds of offline levels was probably never going to use them, as you point out.
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

Quote Originally Posted by Radicaltop View Post
    I had 139 offline levels before June 30th and I was able to use 130 of those levels before they were eliminated. Someone with hundreds of offline levels was probably never going to use them, as you point out.
    Can't remember how many I had, 380-390 or something around that but I've had 12 lvl 80s since 2012. Naturally, offline levels stacked up since I had no more characters to spend them on. Mine was completely useless. Funcom could have converted them to points or other in-game valuables but I don't miss the offline levels at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Then I just gonna leave my little example here, as I assume we all agree than everyone is free to play this game in a way he or she wants. As long as it's within game rules of course

I have 7 level 80 characters now, where 6 of them were made, leveled and geared long time ago, and the other one was made way later, stayed as low level for a very long time and then was leveled up to 30 for purist runs (with help of offline levels as well). I still have 3 low level characters in Tortage. Some of these are stuck in Tortage for years now, and the reason is, that for me personally, leveling and questing is so boring and annoying, that I couldn't force myself even to level them up to 30 to use my offline levels. Despite that I was thinking that maybe one day I gonna get them up to 30 occasionally, and pop up to 80 with offline levels, to see if these other classes are fun to play.

My 250+ offline levels are gone and maybe you are right, it could be a long time before I'd use them if I ever would. I don't know that. What I do know for sure is, that now I never gonna bother with leveling these low levels I have or creating new ones, as even with 30% exp boost for me personally leveling it not fun at all
    Drunk Templar Cimmerian

Offline levels did affect other people by thinning out the population in leveling zones. That said, we are far beyond any point where those leveling zones are populated and it's fairly safe to say they never will be again.

What rubs me the wrong way is that offline levels were removed to push sales of instant 80's while they are fundamentally different and have whole different purposes. An instant level 80 is there if you want to skip the whole pre-80 game while offlines can actually help you experience the pre-80 game.

I remember leveling my first char as f2p and without any xp boosts etc I did run out of quests to do between level 45 and 80 quite a few times. Offlines could have helped me to skip to the next quests without having to repetitively farm mobs for hours (something non-korean people often quit games over). Another way to use it to experience the pre-80 game is by making people able to do purist dungeons easier. Purist groups are quite rare so when you see one that is advertised a few levels above you, you could use your offlines to boost a few levels and join them without getting carried(group leaders are often stubborn about level requirements and don't always accept apprenticeships). I personally joined groups for purist dungeons after spending 10-20 offlines more then once to join my guildies or friends in what they were doing.

All this is gone and all we get in return is an option to spend too much money to experience too little of the game.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast