Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Waiting 30-40 min really ?

Default Waiting 30-40 min really ?

Funcom really ? You honestly think this is what people want from games, come home after work, log into game, then wait 30-40 min to get 20 second fight ?

This is a really sure and quick way to loose interest of your customers.

Now it of course gets worse with the bugs since most of the time you wait the 30-40 min and dont get to fight since it will have crashed before its your turn but thats another mater.

The main arena instance capacity is not just to big but WAY to big. Now some would say wait a week and it will calm, but.....what happens is that there will just be fewer instances to choose from and the one or two instances that will be there will have just as much wait.

Quote Originally Posted by notkatla View Post
    Funcom really ? You honestly think this is what people want from games, come home after work, log into game, then wait 30-40 min to get 20 second fight ?

This is a really sure and quick way to loose interest of your customers.

Now it of course gets worse with the bugs since most of the time you wait the 30-40 min and dont get to fight since it will have crashed before its your turn but thats another mater.

The main arena instance capacity is not just to big but WAY to big. Now some would say wait a week and it will calm, but.....what happens is that there will just be fewer instances to choose from and the one or two instances that will be there will have just as much wait.
    I'm pretty sure they wont cut the waiting time lower. The content itself is only consisting of these fights that rank up the factions so there is not much content and the existing one had to be lenghten a lot to make it some kind of long term thing.
    Not that I would be agreeing with these waiting times, they are exaggerated for the 10 second fights and I would love that they would be not there at all (waiting for solofights duh...).

If you are waiting and no one is fighting, that means you are likely in a bugged instance. You can change your instance by clicking on instance change at the edge of the door (without going out). I had to cycle through about 10 instances last night to find one that had an active arena.

Otherwise this morning for the starting pve arena I waited just a few minutes between fights. I just made faction 2 so have not done the pvp ones and may not anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    If you are waiting and no one is fighting, that means you are likely in a bugged instance. You can change your instance by clicking on instance change at the edge of the door (without going out). I had to cycle through about 10 instances last night to find one that had an active arena.

Otherwise this morning for the starting pve arena I waited just a few minutes between fights. I just made faction 2 so have not done the pvp ones and may not anytime soon.

It is only few min until rank 2. It is after rank 2 that your problems start since then you move to the main arena where the instances take far more people and the queues are huge. Was no issue from rank zero to 2.

Quote Originally Posted by notkatla View Post
    It is only few min until rank 2. It is after rank 2 that your problems start since then you move to the main arena where the instances take far more people and the queues are huge. Was no issue from rank zero to 2.
    Having more people in the main instance sounds ok, if there is something else to do but waiting. Having to wait in the sparring area is bad too, but at least doable.
    But having to share only one arena with one queue sounds really bad. Who came up with this idea? Who lobbied for this on TL? Is there any reasonable justiication for waiting content?
    Lengthening time is no argument, because it shows you balance content on the exploiters or 24/7 gamers or bots, which is always a bad decision. If someone needs to finish the content in 5 mins, let them do it and face the consequence. Timesinks only leads to worse content for everyone (unless you are a queue or grind fetishist)...most players should be human enough to NOT eat up all content at once. No need to enforce it for the bad of all.

Just for thought:
    Imaging the pve arena instanced like the older arenas in khemi or kheshatta or aquilonia. The person playing it could invite people to watch, who would do this for the sake of it and willingly and not by force as now. Players could fight and grind up constantly with less chance to bug the script. Even selfress could be handled better and included. Then this truly can be used as training and starter arena to get used to mechanics or gring predictably up (player controlled) in leisure time.

The main arena could have the new algorithms and be true multiplayer. It could have different smaller pits with pvp enabled (like the old taranta sailors den) and a queued small pve arena (like the guild city keeps). The main arena rules could be used for transparent fights pve only. For pvp there would be a similar copy of the map, so the main arena would not have to use different scripts. You would have events with special rules that might require waiting for here as well (e.g. fights with given equipment, special magic rules, traps on the map, different random spawns...things people did in real gladiatorial arenas to NOT make them boring).

There will be space to roleplay against the background (with ignoreable npcs) and a small tavern or betting parlor. So there will be enough going on to watch. There will be a cooldown on the main pvp arena (minutes, not hours!), enough so that strong people and guilds can not constantly dominate. Players would have to approve to the fight, before it starts (disapproval would not reset the countdown, just not start a fight), for a similar reason too. There will be rewards scaling accourding to real power, not just pvp level...

Btw, all this was suggested reaching back to 2009 already...
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 15th April 2016 at 07:51.

There are one or two issues I've found. I've seen someone go into the arena 3 times while I've waited on the sidelines to go in. That's surely not how it's meant to work. It's a new system which may have bugs and need tweaking here or there. Personally I don't mind watching the PVP fights, it's not something I'm interested in doing but a 60 second version of Swan Lake with daggers has a curious appeal.

If FC could fix the bugged instances or maybe lower the cap on the number of people on a single instance it would speed things up during the busier times. I agree with the OP, sometimes you have a short time to play and to use most of it sitting in a (potentially bugged) queue of unknown length can leave you feeling less than satisfied with your gaming experience for the evening. A lot of people can't log on at quieter times so maybe take that into account when thinking about instance numbers caps.

Funcom

Today's update should address the arena queue issue that folks are reporting.
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @AndyBenditt

Age of Conan Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    Personally I don't mind watching the PVP fights, it's not something I'm interested in doing but a 60 second version of Swan Lake with daggers has a curious appeal.
    I laughed so hard

Its exactly what I hate about PvP in this game, while there are many nice aspects about PvP here.

Does anyone know what the faction gain for the rarity of pets is? I know that you get more renown when fighting against a pet you haven't fighted before but after that the gain is pretty much non existant.

I am still on rank 1 (because I have better things to do than waiting 90% of the time) and I only get like 1500 renown for a rare pet. Is that really everything? How much renown do you get for an epic pet? Can't fight them since it will take me like 10 more weeks to hit rank 2 actually.

And the daily quest wont help much either... you get a consumable item that gives you how much renown? 4000? Wow...
    Last edited by xCodename; 15th April 2016 at 17:14.

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    Does anyone know what the faction gain for the rarity of pets is? I know that you get more renown when fighting against a pet you haven't fighted before but after that the gain is pretty much non existant.

I am still on rank 1 (because I have better things to do than waiting 90% of the time) and I only get like 1500 renown for a rare pet. Is that really everything? How much renown do you get for an epic pet? Can't fight them since it will take me like 10 more weeks to hit rank 2 actually.

And the daily quest wont help much either... you get a consumable item that gives you how much renown? 4000? Wow...
    Can you still fight white to blue pets? A white gives 2500 and a green around 4871 at first kill...so just getting the guild city pets and buyable pets in the hubs and from veteran vendor should give you a better boost than 1500 per kill.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast