Thread: Bags and Inventory space

Default Bags and Inventory space

Greetings,

I've been playing for a couple of weeks and am enjoying the game a lot. When I started I had asked about bags in NPH and a very kind person gave me a couple of bags. I used one and gave the other to my friend. I think they were 64 slot bags, commander or warrior bag, something like that. Anyhow, I thought they unlocked the space for my account. I found out that this is not the case. I ended up deleting that character as I was creating, trying out and deleting characters to try out the different classes. I've since settled on the Bear Shaman (Hrulfr) and am loving this class, and character in general. I've seen some large bags on the Trader but can not afford the 15-30 gold to buy one. I currently have just over 1 gold at level 33 and have no idea if that is good or bad. I wanted to ask, where do those larger bags come from? If they are not difficult to get would anyone be willing to help me get another one?

If anyone is able to help me out my character's name is Hrulfr, on the Crom server.

Thank you kindly.
    Hrulfr - Bear Shaman of Crom

Commanders bag and warriors bag are crafted bags, that require quite some work and gold to make (but are tradeable). Most people get bigger bags from special offers or the item shop nowadays (not tradeable). There are still some bags you can buy with ingame gold from general store npcs in the hubs (tradeable), but a decent bag there costs 7+ gold (they range from 50s to more than 20g).

1 gold is good for lvl33, usually you have 2-3 gold at new lvl40 depending on how much you trade and manage to sell to other players. At lvl80 most new players have around 10 gold, depending again on what they sell and buy.

If you are planning to stick around, and pay money, your best option would be to buy a large bag from the Funcom Points Item Shop in-game. With enough FP, these can be purchased account wide so they will always be available on any character on your account, no matter when you create that character.

I'm not in-game so can't look up prices at the moment, but you could expect something around $30 worth of Funcom points getting you 120 slot bags account wide. I think for close to $40 you can get the largest bag account wide.

Getting these giant bags is practically a must for anyone creating lots of alts, and playing for a long time. Especially if you like collecting vanity gear.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    If you are planning to stick around, and pay money, your best option would be to buy a large bag from the Funcom Points Item Shop in-game. With enough FP, these can be purchased account wide so they will always be available on any character on your account, no matter when you create that character.

I'm not in-game so can't look up prices at the moment, but you could expect something around $30 worth of Funcom points getting you 120 slot bags account wide. I think for close to $40 you can get the largest bag account wide.

Getting these giant bags is practically a must for anyone creating lots of alts, and playing for a long time. Especially if you like collecting vanity gear.
    That's simply not true. You still have space for plenty of extra gear and vanity even with just a Commander's Haversack/Veteran's Haversack and your default bank. Buying one of those bags is great if you feel like it, but let's not mislead newcomers and say that *anything* from the store is a must have, because it really isn't (even if you're a high-end raiding tank who needs extra specs, you'll get the necessary FC points just by subscribing if you don't blow it on other things you can do without).

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    That's simply not true. You still have space for plenty of extra gear and vanity even with just a Commander's Haversack/Veteran's Haversack and your default bank. Buying one of those bags is great if you feel like it, but let's not mislead newcomers and say that *anything* from the store is a must have, because it really isn't (even if you're a high-end raiding tank who needs extra specs, you'll get the necessary FC points just by subscribing if you don't blow it on other things you can do without).
    Ok, yeah you are right, I shouldn't have said 'must have'. Highly convenient is maybe a better term. I have personally wound up filling a couple characters who have the largest bags, as well as 100+ bank slots with all bound items. But I am a collector, I like lots of different gear sets, some for different utility, others for vanity.

I've known lots of people in game who also just couldn't survive without lots more room than what is available without spending Funcom Points.

Also, the free 200 points/month when subscribing only adds up to 1200 total as they start expiring after 6 months, so you don't get enough free FP to buy the big bags.

So to the OP, if you think you will be collecting and saving lots of items, and will be playing a long time/many characters, then the investment in Item Shop bags is a good idea in my opinion. If you don't want to spend that kind of money now, going for just a Commander's Haversack on one character will be fine until you get a better idea what your long term desires will be.

Default Locker-

For me - the best bang for the buck was the account wide Locker of Absolution - 176 slots. It's 4050 FC points account wide (3240 for just 1).
    That works out to be $35.00 for account wide with 150 points left over (if you were at zero points).

My reasoning was I have my account almost full of characters - with all of them getting 176 spots, I really don't need extra bank space for any of them.
    Also as I add character slots even the newbies will get the huge pack.

Also - You do not have to be in game to access the game store - got to the main Funcom page and log into the store using your account info.
    Last edited by Flip--; 1st February 2016 at 22:58.

You might want to buy the Tortage Survival Pack. In addition to some stuff useful at the beginning of the game, it has a bag, adding about 20 more room.