Thread: New AoC player, saying hi!

Default New AoC player, saying hi!

Hello everyone!

I'd like to introduce myself to the Age of Conan community. I'm a 44 year old male living in Indianapolis, Indiana. I have been playing MMO's for years starting with playing Ultima Online in the late nineties and then moving over to EverQuest in 1999. I stayed there until Nov 8, 2004 when EverQuest II launched. I made the move over there and I still play there on occasion. I've been there 12+ years or so now. A few years ago I decided it was time to try out some of the other MMO's out on the market and ventured into Vanguard: Saga of Hero's, Lord of the Rings online, Star Wars: The Old Republic, and a few others. I made an account for AoC in 2013, but never actually played it... until now.

I finally decided to give Age of Conan a try about a week ago and I must say that so far I am really enjoying the game. I enjoy that this game seems to still have some of the old school MMO elements that I find are lacking these days in many other titles. The game seems challenging so far and not easy-mode, which is very refreshing to me. Perhaps it is just because I am new, but regardless, I am having fun!

The community for the most part seems helpful and friendly on the Crom server. Several folks have really taken the time to explain things to me and help answer my questions.

Overall... I have had a very positive experience getting started with the game and I hope that I'll be able to help others out along the way.

Take care,

Hrulfr of Crom
    Last edited by Hrulfr; 12th January 2016 at 14:52.

Welcome!

i hope you will enjoy aoc, it's a great game and beautiful despite the years
    sakuragi - hox - fury
    moldovan - guard - fury
    grepskill - demo - fury
    kobiak - barb -fury
    guinnessbear - shaman - fury
    domokhun - sin - fury

Welcome in Hyboria
    Short cuts make long delays.

Thank you all for the warm welcome to the game!

I am still enjoying the game immensely and have been trying out the various classes to try and get a feel for which one(s) I'd like to focus on. It's looking like the Bear Shaman and the Priest of Mitra for now. I've always enjoyed the healing classes in other games. I'm also playing a Necromancer for a change of pace. All three are about level 20 but I've not been out of Tortage yet, so there's a lot for me to see and learn still.

I'm playing with a few friends that I've gamed with for years now in the other MMO's I mentioned above and we're all enjoying things so far. One of them used to play years ago and he's enjoying his return to the game.

Thanks again for the welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Hrulfr View Post
    Thank you all for the warm welcome to the game!

I am still enjoying the game immensely and have been trying out the various classes to try and get a feel for which one(s) I'd like to focus on. It's looking like the Bear Shaman and the Priest of Mitra for now. I've always enjoyed the healing classes in other games. I'm also playing a Necromancer for a change of pace. All three are about level 20 but I've not been out of Tortage yet, so there's a lot for me to see and learn still.

I'm playing with a few friends that I've gamed with for years now in the other MMO's I mentioned above and we're all enjoying things so far. One of them used to play years ago and he's enjoying his return to the game.

Thanks again for the welcome
    Welcome to game ☺ if your enjoying the game at this point, just wait until you get to connals valley😊 i got goose bumps all over! Thing is! You should try out pvp server with your friends☺ its awesom to lvl up in connals etc with the chance of beeing attacked by other grps! It is just EPIC! I its only a suggestion😉. hope you will enjoy the game as mytch as i did/ still do!. Been here since 08 😃 only game i play☺
    Crom:
    Kraamz dt pvp10
    Kramzor hox pvp10
    Quickdash guard pvp7
    Kramzz bs pvp5

Fury:
    Pressostate conq pvp5
    ++++

AFK into the unknown =/

Quote Originally Posted by Willd View Post
    Welcome to game ☺ if your enjoying the game at this point, just wait until you get to connals valley😊 i got goose bumps all over! Thing is! You should try out pvp server with your friends☺ its awesom to lvl up in connals etc with the chance of beeing attacked by other grps! It is just EPIC! I its only a suggestion😉. hope you will enjoy the game as mytch as i did/ still do!. Been here since 08 😃 only game i play☺
    addicted 12345
    Skeloss - Tempest of Set (pvp 6)

THE LAW

Quote Originally Posted by Willd View Post
    Willd has a point there if you like challenge, fury is awesome! But you must enjoy the pvp part of the game to go there. Give it a try wit a toon just to see how it is