Thread: Returning player - Tank question

Default Returning player - Tank question

Returning to game with a group of friends, 6 of us total. I was going to play tank, what do you all recommend to group all the way to 80 and beyond with. Is DT VOM still godly and what about cong, how are they now for tanking?

Any help would be appreciated...

Quote Originally Posted by Xateric View Post
    Returning to game with a group of friends, 6 of us total. I was going to play tank, what do you all recommend to group all the way to 80 and beyond with. Is DT VOM still godly and what about cong, how are they now for tanking?

Any help would be appreciated...
    First of all, great that you and your friends are coming back to Age of Conan. Its great to hear from returning players.

I think all three tank classes can do really well and I think its really up to you what you wanna play the most. As you have played before I'm sure you are aware of the basic of the classes and I dont think you should worry about which classes are the best, play what you wanna plan and you will be fine regardless of which class you chose.

DTs are very strong with VOM and might require some gear before it really starts to shine. Conqs are also amazing tanks and have both very good aggro and nice surviability. Guardian, well guardian is basically what it always have been - strong and steady but maybe not that much damage dealt, at least compared to the other two soldiers. Off course there are some exceptions to this though (hi Moriala .
    But in general all tanks will get the job done both in endgame and during levelling.

Im sure more experienced tincans will come with some more valueble input but in my mind you cant go wrong with any of the three choices.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Maark View Post
    First of all, great that you and your friends are coming back to Age of Conan. Its great to hear from returning players.

I think all three tank classes can do really well and I think its really up to you what you wanna play the most. As you have played before I'm sure you are aware of the basic of the classes and I dont think you should worry about which classes are the best, play what you wanna plan and you will be fine regardless of which class you chose.

DTs are very strong with VOM and might require some gear before it really starts to shine. Conqs are also amazing tanks and have both very good aggro and nice surviability. Guardian, well guardian is basically what it always have been - strong and steady but maybe not that much damage dealt, at least compared to the other two soldiers. Off course there are some exceptions to this though (hi Moriala .
    But in general all tanks will get the job done both in endgame and during levelling.

Im sure more experienced tincans will come with some more valueble input but in my mind you cant go wrong with any of the three choices.
    Thank you for the information, but not sure if we will get to play....all 6 of us have been trying to get a subscription (we all use paypal) and it just keeps failing as a payment method. Don't know if it is down or what is going on.

I have the same problem with Paypal every time =/

What ive found is that it authorizes it & then it just doesnt go through on Funcoms end.
    The only way I have found around it is to authorize it once with paypal & then when it loads back into the account page (& usually fails or stalls) go to buy the item again with the same payment option. Some strange method like that normally gets it to wake up.

Its that or contact the live support or CS I guess.

DT - Conq - tos- pom - barb/sin - necro

Tos and DT work perfectly together
    Conq buffs are also nice for DT

Pom + necro is also a very nice combo

And stomp every boss
    Last edited by slackjoint; 3rd January 2016 at 15:27.
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Still unable to pay with paypal...lol....trying to give them my money

Quote Originally Posted by Xateric View Post
    Still unable to pay with paypal...lol....trying to give them my money
    Sorry to jump in late: Why not just open a credit or cheque card that you use only to pay for the six of you for AoC? Cap it at the cost of a sub for the six of you for 3/6/12 months and then there is no problems.

I am a PayPal fan and user (though not for AoC payments), but I have had to make plans before when I could not use it.

Alternatively, just get five of the team to pay sub monies to one of you and have him/her use his/her credit or cheque card. Easy.

P.S. Welcome back. Team of six should give a nice experience, though you may want to have an alt team (a second char for each) so that each can experience other classes or roles in the group.

As said, DT kicks ass, but you do need decent gear and VoM. That said, a decent DT will be able to MT most encounters throughout the 1-80 range with decent support.
    Not sure what your team mates had in mind, but I would go Rogue:Ranger, Melee:Conq+DT (so can have decent DPS plus can switch aggro/tank plus battle-rez), Mage:Necro, Priests:ToS and/or PoM (though my fav by far is bear shammy). (Only a suggestion. Obviously, use whatever you guys want.)
    In balance with this life, this death
    -- Hand of Ibis RiP
    Magic is seeing what happens when you hit someone really hard, and when they disappear in a red spray, that's magic.
    -- Jansensen, Gunderman fighter {max taps - RiP}
    CQB Ranger