Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why ninja remove payment option with paysafe??

Angry Why ninja remove payment option with paysafe??

Was just checking my account and seen that my payment option had been ninja changed from Paysafe to "None set".

FC removes a payment option without a word on forums, not saying anything? havent you learned anything from the last time you removed a payment option??

So much for community managers and customer care... you really try hard to sabotage your source of income

It has been announced last month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

dont know what posts your referring to, i only found this one and theres no final statement about paysafe option:

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    I know there's a lot more you have to say on the matter, but I'd like to mention that we're taking a look at our entire membership system for Age of Conan, and RotGS access is part of that review.

a friend of mine who wanted to return to aoc and found his payment option set to none got this reply from customer support in december 2015:

...We sincerely apologize for the trouble regarding the German GIRO payment method on your account. This has been temporarily disabled on accounts. We are looking for a solution. In the meantime, we can only suggest to purchase future membership or Funcom points through Debit/credit card, PaySafeCard, or PayPal. You should be able to link GIRO as a backup payment method through PayPal. I apologize for any inconvenience or trouble this may have caused you...
    now only a few weeks later paysafe option is also removed FC really has its way with not communicating with their paying customers...

Continue to drive people away with less payment options, and less account support (Live Chat).

Who runs this company Lol? Continuously do the opposite of how to generate money. 1st grade class could run this company better.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Continue to drive people away with less payment options, and less account support (Live Chat).

Who runs this company Lol? Continuously do the opposite of how to generate money. 1st grade class could run this company better.
    It's a simple matter of costs vs benefits. Without actually knowing how much Live chat and Paysafe options cost for a company (don't underestimate this) and data about how many customers use it and how many actually care (much) you can't say anything meaningful about this. Hopefully FC did a long-term analysis of costs-benefits and it wasn't just a move to reduce costs on the short term to make numbers look better just for the next quarterly report.

A first grader would actually assume that better customer support or more development = more profit.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 17th January 2016 at 19:41.

Apparently paysafe was removed because funcom has a new billing provider.
    I checked the website of that provider and they DO support paysafe , just not for funcom maybe , who knows..
    Unluckily there is not really anyone you can address this issue to, since the people who take such decisions in general are not really in touch with the community .
    All Odonoptera can do is inform certain people at funcom about the desire of re-introducing the paysafecards.
    But imho it should be more than obvious that the removal of such a popular payment option doesn't exactly lead to more income and a happy playerbase , so I suppose they already know
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    It's a simple matter of costs vs benefits. Without actually knowing how much Live chat and Paysafe options cost for a company (don't underestimate this) and data about how many customers use it and how many actually care (much) you can't say anything meaningful about this. Hopefully FC did a long-term analysis of costs-benefits and it wasn't just a move to reduce costs on the short term to make numbers look better just for the next quarterly report.

A first grader would actually assume that better customer support or more development = more profit.
    Do you just like disagreeing for the hell of it? Just because I am a US player anything I say is automatic disagreement from a Euro?

Anyone with a clue of the last 8 years knows the company is failing. They are failing because they have chose the wrong business direction.

In the US, businesses exist to make money and businesses with proper direction make customers happy to make money.

Funcom does the opposite of this time and time again, but they are a Euro company so apparently that is why.

I see through your play on words to make personal attacks just because you "have" to disagree no matter what.

Get over it.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

the reason why FC decided to remove the paysafe option is irrelevant.

it just shows how poor FC communication skills or will to communicate with their paying customers is!

a change of billing provider is nothing thats done from one day to the other, theres many talks and meetings ahead and finally a swap date is set. but again FC did not communicate this date.
    FC could have easily posted on forums that they change their billing provider and that certain payment options will no longer be available from january onwards for example but there was nothing!

This could have even created some additional income for the december suboffers, some may have taken advantage of them before their preferred payment option was removed.

the way FC treats their paying customers is taking more and more grotesque forms. having someone from the oil industry backing your finances and not being in the situation to be forced to produce positive profits like a regular company takes it toll in the way how you look at and treat paying customers...
    Last edited by TribunLeader; 18th January 2016 at 10:27.

Why FC is doing everything to not get new subscribers and chasing away veterans is easy:
    The less contracts FC has, the easier they can shutdown servers.

Easy as that.

All I disagree with is the oversimplified statement that removing paysafe or lifechat or any resource from AoC is automatically a bad choice because it harms the health of AoC.

Nobody is contesting that the communication on this matter is nonexistant and FC's customer support in general is abysmall. I simply disagree that worse customer support automatically is a bad business decision that will decrease profit. Like Tribunleader says:

Quote Originally Posted by TribunLeader View Post
    a change of billing provider is nothing thats done from one day to the other, theres many talks and meetings ahead and finally a swap date is set. but again FC did not communicate this date.
    FC could have easily posted on forums that they change their billing provider and that certain payment options will no longer be available from january onwards for example but there was nothing!
    This has been a deliberate decision! Now do you honestly think they did it for the heck of it? Just to annoy you and drive customers away? Don't you think in that meeting they had the numbers how many people use it and , what the service cost them and how much of those customers they could lose to compensate for the lower costs?

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    In the US, businesses exist to make money and businesses with proper direction make customers happy to make money.

Funcom does the opposite of this time and time again, but they are a Euro company so apparently that is why.
    Now get over yourself. Nobody gives a feck that you are American but if you keep repeating it right before you go all emo you may create the image for yourself you already think the world has of Americans. Without any criticism on Americans themselves this type of bussiness decision actually looks like one that fits in an American (and to lesser extend also European) type of company. Traditionally those companies care more about quarterly/yearly reports (which always have to be better then previous quarter/year otherwise its omgawd panic!), shareholders and stock prices then they do about customers. This leads to quick cash grabs, push strategies etc just to boost up short term sales numbers like for example GM, while companies with a more long-term vision like Toyota produce for customer demand and will not fall for a quick cash grab if it doesn't fit in the long term plan they have for their company.
    Without any actual data we can't say for sure, but this looks like the thing FC is doing atm with scraping customer support and other services to cut cost and increase profit on the short term. This can even be a good thing cause a short term boost in profit/stock price may make them more attractive to potential buyers. Who knows...
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 18th January 2016 at 14:18.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast