Thread: Do i suck or does the ranger?

Default Do i suck or does the ranger?

Okay, so AoC has an anti-cheat system but i cannot help of feeling that everyone in pvp is immortal! The thing is every time i cross sword with another player form my range or LOWER, and notice i'am leveling a toon currently in lvl 64, he out bests me almost always even if i caught him off guard i. The ridiculously happen a week ago or so, when in the Eiglophian i came across a POM 5 levels lower then me and even when i caught him by surprise i couldn't even lower his health past 90%. WTF?! After some 8 runs i quit. The guy was show off and eventually got to me since i didn't let me resume questing, but my general feeling was i couldn't even hurt him. I hide, shot and paralyzed him, advantage for more damage or armor penetration (try everything), and then blasted him all max damage shots, but that health bar of his barely moved! My gear isn't bad also. Almost all at my lvl and many blue stuff, weapons included! What gives?

Only gonna comment on one part of this thread but, aoc does not have anti cheat systems they can tell u lies and flashy stories about that they do, but they don't.
    The Law

i forgot to mention but you probably found out, my ranger is on fury. When i was at 30 and so, it was nice. I was toe to toe with many, it was a 50/50, and now, to be honest, from some matches i can almost kill the other joe but they always kinda rout me to the ground a second turn and the ranger doesn't have, at least at my lvl, abilities to release me of imparing or rout effects! Very sad, cuz this is the thing that kills me! But that POM the other day, and on or two others (not soldier type) i found out later seemed to be damageable!

Quote Originally Posted by radamanthuz View Post
    i forgot to mention but you probably found out, my ranger is on fury. When i was at 30 and so, it was nice. I was toe to toe with many, it was a 50/50, and now, to be honest, from some matches i can almost kill the other joe but they always kinda rout me to the ground a second turn and the ranger doesn't have, at least at my lvl, abilities to release me of imparing or rout effects! Very sad, cuz this is the thing that kills me! But that POM the other day, and on or two others (not soldier type) i found out later seemed to be damageable!
    PoM has at least one bubble at that level, Guards also get a bubble early on, Conqs have to wait until 70. There are also multiple evade abilities when you double tap back with them increases your miss chances drastically. But from what you describe it sounds like you have a general lack of knowledge concerning other classes and what they can do. I would say keep playing, lowbie pvp is not really gear dependent nor do AA's really come into play, so it's really just a skill factor. You get that with time and knowing what other classes can do with different specs.
    Doomsayer 2008