Thread: One gold donations at statues, are you kidding me?

Default One gold donations at statues, are you kidding me?

The title says it all. One gold for worthless 15 minutes of some stats is beyond me.
    like hell

Well, if you download the default UI off forums, theres added ALL the milestone, forgotten gods panoramas each shown on the map location and the emote needed to gain the buff...for free..

it`s not about map, donations for some shrines was always here but somewhy after achievements go live, they turn from 5s to 1g. and i realy want to know why this was done

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselconq View Post
    it`s not about map, donations for some shrines was always here but somewhy after achievements go live, they turn from 5s to 1g. and i realy want to know why this was done
    You're wrong, prices have always varied from zone to zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    You're wrong, prices have always varied from zone to zone.
    Used to be couple tin

It's true that some donoations are now expensive, but you don't need to donate money at all, just use the correct emote and you get the buff (and the achievement update). If you can't be bothered to figure out the correct emote... then I guess you can afford to pay 1 gold.

You can also take a look at the list on: https://cynarablog.wordpress.com/201...-achievements/

IIRC it was always one copper, at least those in Kara Korum and Paikang.

Thanks, Cynara.
    like hell

Maybe prices have increased compared to how they were at some point for some statues (exception seems to be Gateway ones), but I remember getting pissed at donating 1 gold for no purpose long before the Achievement patch. Like... 75% sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    Maybe prices have increased compared to how they were at some point for some statues (exception seems to be Gateway ones), but I remember getting pissed at donating 1 gold for no purpose long before the Achievement patch. Like... 75% sure...
    Correct, before the Achievement system, prices did vary between statues. Also what emote you had to use at a statue varied. I would use an emote one day and it would work fine, but the next day at the same statue, the same emote would fail.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    Correct, before the Achievement system, prices did vary between statues. Also what emote you had to use at a statue varied. I would use an emote one day and it would work fine, but the next day at the same statue, the same emote would fail.
    Quite true. I recall seeing a guildie standing at a one of the statues in Fengdu (he was probably waiting for a mini to start). I stopped to greet him by using /cheer and got the statue buff. I tried /cheer at that statue on a few occasions after that and never got the buff with it again.