Thread: AA point cap

Default AA point cap

Hello all,

I have searched for some time in vain now. It seems to me that there might be some form of cap to the AA system (i.e. a maximum amount of points one can accumulate). Is that true in any way? And if so what would the cap be?

There's no cap on it, unspent AA points just accumulate endlessly. Before the expansion was released, they were indeed saying that there would be a cap, but IIRC there never was one.

yep, AAs will go on forever. Its a veteran endgame: collect as much AAs as you can
    Retired

It could be 2147483647

"The number 2,147,483,647 (or hexadecimal 7FFF,FFFF16) is the maximum positive value for a 32-bit signed binary integer in computing. It is therefore the maximum value for variables declared as integers (e.g., as int) in many programming languages, and the maximum possible score, money, etc. for many video games. "

from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2147483647_(number)

Quote Originally Posted by -Aewyn- View Post
    Hello all,

I have searched for some time in vain now. It seems to me that there might be some form of cap to the AA system (i.e. a maximum amount of points one can accumulate). Is that true in any way? And if so what would the cap be?
    Quote Originally Posted by cynara View Post
    There's no cap on it, unspent AA points just accumulate endlessly. Before the expansion was released, they were indeed saying that there would be a cap, but IIRC there never was one.
    Due to the nature of programming, there is either a "cap" at the maximum number allowed in the datatype (int, short, long, etc.) storing your AA point numbers. Or instead of stopping the accumulation at that maximum, when you get to that maximum number, it rolls over to a negative value, or 0. All depends on how they coded it.

This is along the same track as what Avrian said. He gave one specific possible answer.

That said, you don't have to worry, you well get all AA's, and tons of extra AA points eventually.