Thread: F2P 4 Character Unlocks Questions

Default F2P 4 Character Unlocks Questions

I just reinstalled the game for nostalgic reasons and really wanted to play my BS, however, all 4 of my unlocks are already used up. I have no intention of subbing for a month just to be able to reset the 4 unlocks and keep 3 out of the 4 the same. I have played since launch and spent hundreds of dollars on subs and I'd really love to just hop on this character that I don't currently have access to.

Is there a cheaper or even free way to get this one character unlocked? I'd definitely be willing to lock up 1 of my other 4 toons just to have access to the BS. Any insight on how this might be possible would be greatly appreciated.

Subbing for a month then going back to f2p might reset what can be unlocked. Not 100% sure on that though.
    Least time in combat (Master Gyas) Logic: 0:00:01 "Wtf is this sh*t"
    [Global][Chaoskult]: sikk has no mom, he has two dads.[Global][Siekk]: one of them is u
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    The Bloody Peasants - Being dismissive of watery tarts.

I definitely know that's an option since I've done it before in the past. But all I want is to switch 1 single toon out for another. I don't even care about having a months sub so I don't feel like $15 is justified for that.

you can buy char slot for +\- 10$ and unlock yr bs. i think it`s the only option if you don`t want sub for month. also, i seen this somewhere on forum, you get free char slot for every 6 month of sub time. don`t know if it`s true. maybe vet. players can say something about.

@dieselconq Do you know when they started that deal? I've had well over 6 months of sub time but I'm guessing they didn't start that promotion until after I stopped subbing. That is something along the lines of what I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselconq View Post
    you can buy char slot for +\- 10$ and unlock yr bs. i think it`s the only option if you don`t want sub for month. also, i seen this somewhere on forum, you get free char slot for every 6 month of sub time. don`t know if it`s true. maybe vet. players can say something about.
    I'm fairly certain you do not get 1 character slot for every 6 months of sub. There might have been something along the lines of sub for at least 6 months and get a free character slot, but you don't keep getting new ones.

Mr.Nightshadow , I've found myself many times in your situation . The options as stated before are 3: a] delete an unlocked character so 1 unlock charge becomes available. b] buy char slot. c] buy 1month (or even more)
    I also tend to return to AoC out of nostalgia each time , and over the years ive taken options a] and c] many times .
    After all these resubs I dont allow myself to fall for those moments of nostalgia ever again (and ive fallen for it 12 times so far) . Just cause AoC is the best game for people with a certain level of taste and aesthetics and will devour your time and energy like a vacuum pump.

Wish you the best on decision making .
    Regards , another AoC-holic on rehab

Long Live AOC
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

Quote Originally Posted by Audrey- View Post
    Mr.Nightshadow , I've found myself many times in your situation . The options as stated before are 3: a] delete an unlocked character so 1 unlock charge becomes available. b] buy char slot. c] buy 1month (or even more)
    I also tend to return to AoC out of nostalgia each time , and over the years ive taken options a] and c] many times .
    After all these resubs I dont allow myself to fall for those moments of nostalgia ever again (and ive fallen for it 12 times so far) . Just cause AoC is the best game for people with a certain level of taste and aesthetics and will devour your time and energy like a vacuum pump.

Wish you the best on decision making .
    Regards , another AoC-holic on rehab

Long Live AOC
    I appreciate the response. I was afraid those were my only options. Do you know if buying an extra character slot then allows you 5 unlocked toons total when F2P? If so, and I decide to sub again sometime down the line, will it then only allow me to unlock 4 slots after that? I want to decide if it'll be worth it to go with option (b) or (c).

i think you can have max. 18 char. for me this worked like: i paid for slot, reloged and got option to unlock one of loked char. also you can wait for 10 or 20% discount at item shop. new sub offers http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...s-are-now-live!

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselconq View Post
    i think you can have max. 18 char. for me this worked like: i paid for slot, reloged and got option to unlock one of loked char. also you can wait for 10 or 20% discount at item shop. new sub offers http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...s-are-now-live!
    This is great. I was hoping paying for a character slot would just allow me to unlock another guy, so I think I'll do that.