Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fury has too many small guilds

Kurt , there is no big guilds left. They are either small or (almost) dead.
    For players who don't like "big" guilds, it wont be an issue at all. There is around 50 lvl 80s online at peak time on the whole server.
    I'm sure some guilds on crom can get the same number
    Last edited by slackjoint; 27th November 2015 at 00:25.
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    laethiel didnt lead ominous, peeka did. thought id clarify.
    Ominous became Disorderly Conduct which Lirial basically took charge of. Never said he was GL :P
    No need for clarification, thanks.
    Last edited by Sloejinn; 27th November 2015 at 06:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    This is simply not true and history proves me right.
    Of course there are benefits of having a core group of players well-organized, especially if you go for competetive gaming. You can go as far as the big guilds are needed for a healthy server at least as much as the small guilds. You need a mix, independant of server size. But having a focus on big guilds or the already powerfull makes abuse, farming and exploiting easier and tends to drive off new players. Not even mentioning that not every player likes playing competetive or likes the structure especially of big guilds (pve and pvp) DESPITE the obvious benefits. Without the other population (independants, casuals, enemies and allies, randoms), it will eat up itself soon (boredom, work load, intrigue, power struggles inguild, trouble replacing leaving players or leaving officers). Trust me, been there, seen that. If the atmosphere and game system would be different, you might even have a point about successfull big guilds encouraging others, but this is not the case in aoc and especially fury. It will not trigger anything but less players in total.

You can even compare it to server merges, it might give a temporary boost in fun and players, but the result in the end is less players and less fun.
    Lol you either leaving in dream world or have no idea whats happening. Fury is ONLY about PvP content now, period. Thats fact, server have no online. In daytime its like 10-20 80's online lol, in evening maybe 100-150. Its hillariously lol and there is no need for small guilds lol. Server have just one need, provide PvP content to rest PvP players. So the way we discussing here is only way for that. There are no new players, they are going Crom, no PvE or power struggle. This thread about making server offering content to its left playerbase as much as possible.
    Cripples gonna cripple

Wish there were 100-150...
    When I logged 2 days ago to play a mini it was around 7pm CET , so it was close to primetime , and there were 46 lvl 80s online.
    When I checked on 4am ,the other day, there were 5 lvl 80s online (US playerbase - non existent)
    I'm counting it regularly and since the last free server transfers I have never seen more than 80 lvl80s
    Last edited by slackjoint; 27th November 2015 at 15:16.
    Typing on mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Sarhal View Post
    Lol you either leaving in dream world or have no idea whats happening. Fury is ONLY about PvP content now, period. Thats fact, server have no online. In daytime its like 10-20 80's online lol, in evening maybe 100-150. Its hillariously lol and there is no need for small guilds lol. Server have just one need, provide PvP content to rest PvP players. So the way we discussing here is only way for that. There are no new players, they are going Crom, no PvE or power struggle. This thread about making server offering content to its left playerbase as much as possible.
    I am not disagreeing on fury being the only open pvp server. Also not arguing that population is low. But if you start catering content to only the powerful (or only the existing playerbase), you will not make things better.This is neither hilariously lol or lol anything...it is just sad. And no, what you describe is a nightmare, not content for the rest of pvp players (which btw are not only on fury...there are enough waiting to return, if funcom does the right changes). Continuing the wrong road is NOT the right changes though.

The idea of "dominating" or "owning" a server is what was wrong with the system in the first place (that's why other games have mechanics to satisfy players need to "dominate" or "own" in less harmfull ways to the game). Deliberatly destroying new and smaller guilds and driving off players not to ones liking should never be rewarded (and do not deny this happened...copy/paste during certain global chats and the behaviour of large pvp guilds over the years proves it). But it would explain certain peoples or guilds behaviour from the past, sure. PvP, especially open pvp needs new player influx and a wide variety of guilds (no amount of lolz can lolz this fact away)...and you can have all other kinds of pvp on crom as well (except the exploiting of quests and event week maybe).

Again, a large guild is not a token for success. Add a bit of struggle, some intrigue and leaders or officers being harassed (or harassing) and even with 1000+ nominal members you can be down to zero fast.
    Content has to change first, that's why i mentioned the diplomacy options in the first post. Content like a consequence system, which could also adress, if people are in small or large guilds, is needed. Not more changes in the wrong direction.

Or with other words:
    If i follow your logic, your server population would be only skilled veterans with top gear and their alts, in a handfull of guilds. What makes fury different is open world pvp. So, they would fight each other over and over during the event week, daily quests or a changing popular zone...in best case organize a monthly open world thing. But knowing pvp, this will inevitably lead to annoy some veterans as well sooner or later ---> less players, less fun. Also there would be close to zero random encounters left, empty levelling zones (you can level faster by exploiting the "pvp" quests and events) and almost no revenue for funcom (since this gameplay does not require you to sub or even spend much money in the shop...a big guild and the victory points or ingame tokens can provide much more). ---> server closed sooner or later.
    Even in best case: The big guilds will eventually become smaller and split up due to real life or ingame issues. You will have less people to fight in an already limited community...and unless you keep splitting up (smaller guilds) you will end up with no one to fight.
    What is the dreamworld then???
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 27th November 2015 at 16:06.

You are still leaving in some dream world :P There are already no leveling, no low-level pvp, no new players, no small or big guilds. Slackex above mentioned he seen 46 80 online in some proper hour. You are arguing to things which not happening simply already for long time.

The key to success and accessebility to content in pvp is not big guilds, but organisation and communication during pvp both of this are not really developing while people being separated. So the guilding up is best way to build up some at least very basic team play and can be a start to develop necessary envirnment to improve the situation.

The only task server has now, is to provide pvp content for the last players. So this only way to do that efficiently, rest are just demagogy and populism. Its not because i disagree with all point, but because in current reality they are non-existant and irrelevant.

P.S. Im not one who suffering there, in case you think im offering this in own favour. My guild on Fury - Night Watch and we are not recruiting at all So all of this in favour of others.
    Last edited by Sarhal; 27th November 2015 at 17:06.
    Cripples gonna cripple

Logged in last night because mini's stopped on Crom, there were 4 lvl 80's on Fury during prime US time.

This really sucks.

Maybe if funcom does not wanna squeeze every cent from the game, would be a good idea to open free transfers to fury for a week.
    This i think would solve a lot of problems.
    The Law of Fury

Quote Originally Posted by Chegy4 View Post
    Maybe if funcom does not wanna squeeze every cent from the game, would be a good idea to open free transfers to fury for a week.
    This i think would solve a lot of problems.
    Could be combined with a resub offer or a discount or something else proper marketing could come up with too...so not necessarily a "loss" for them. Also they could do something about rage, if there are even people left there...let them transfer for free with a filter for example (capped gear and gold).

@Sarhal: Again, as you yourself say, organization and communication. Which could be solved with the things i mentioned in my first post here. Adressing this would actually help pve as well and the majority of players on all servers. You are still deadly wrong about what funcom should do by providing content for only the remaining players (who by the way are far from a homogenous group). Apart from the economics, it will not help the remaining players in the long run . But keep on dreaming
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 28th November 2015 at 18:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Could be combined with a resub offer or a discount or something else proper marketing could come up with too...so not necessarily a "loss" for them. Also they could do something about rage, if there are even people left there...let them transfer for free with a filter for example (capped gear and gold).

@Sarhal: Again, as you yourself say, organization and communication. Which could be solved with the things i mentioned in my first post here. Adressing this would actually help pve as well and the majority of players on all servers. You are still deadly wrong about what funcom should do by providing content for only the remaining players (who by the way are far from a homogenous group). Apart from the economics, it will not help the remaining players in the long run . But keep on dreaming
    This game is done , its over.
    New players wont come in masses, people only come if they see a Big Bang episode from 2008 and get interested or scroll to page 10 on steam f2p section.

Furthermore there are other games out there , games with actual updates , actual support , an actually healthy playerbase , and with servers that are in your region and not on the other side of the world.

Providing the best for whats left is the best you can do
    Typing on mobile

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast