Thread: The Shambling Plague

Default The Shambling Plague

I must say after the first run there I was rather pleased, fun run, nice story line and figured since there was a drop for two tokens of gilding I would look past the staggering lack of fun loot in that place.
    Low and behold second run, still liked the storyline but now there is no more Token of Gilding making this event just as worthless as almost any event that Funcom drops in our lap.
    Why is it every time when Funcom puts out events like this it feels compelled to have **** loot and leaves no incentive for players to really get involved in the new content and perhaps gain a little something.

Funcom for once in your life step up your game when it comes to getting people interested in your new events two Tokens of Gilding every 16 hours is hardly going to break your back but it might make people smile in appreciation for what is being offered.

Why are you so surprised? For every Halloween event (Cimmeria, Stygia and now Aquilonia), you only get 2 tokens of gilding the first time and none subsequently. Why would it be any different this year? The whole idea of tokens of gilding is that they want you to buy them through the item shop, the few gilding tokens you get as quest rewards are just there to try to get you hooked on them.

Sad thing I am not surprised at all but when comparing the events Funcom sends out to many other games I play Funcom is shamefully cheap and not willing to offer a token of good will and cheer. Every other game I play offers in game gold multiple times during events, extra sub day as a reward and other goodies all of which you would have to buy with money on other days. When people see that kind of a gesture from the gaming company they are more likely to spend money on the game during times where there are no events running.
    making the events juice keeps people around and increases the spending in the game.
    But Funcom is not famed for understanding its clients.

True, the new quest did not give any sellable or tradeable items...but both the werewolf and the khemi quests drop items that can be sold (or made into sellable boxes).

Random crates sell from 5 to10 gold later in the year. I was buying some hoping for that festival stallion (which I got after the third farmed box on my bear last night) during the year. These boxes also drop a sacrificial blade if you need to have sudden death, some candy things for pve/pvp and misc social stuff.

The suspicious crate drops a werewolf pet, werewolf cloaks (six I think in total) candy misc stuff and a werewolf morph which is pretty popular for pvp so it sells year round too.

So you can farm the crates and save to sell later.

Quote Originally Posted by IceStubbur View Post
    Sad thing I am not surprised at all but when comparing the events Funcom sends out to many other games I play Funcom is shamefully cheap and not willing to offer a token of good will and cheer. Every other game I play offers in game gold multiple times during events, extra sub day as a reward and other goodies all of which you would have to buy with money on other days. When people see that kind of a gesture from the gaming company they are more likely to spend money on the game during times where there are no events running.
    making the events juice keeps people around and increases the spending in the game.
    But Funcom is not famed for understanding its clients.
    Funcom has many, many faults, but poor Halloween events are not one of them (on the contrary they are pretty good even compared to MMOs with way higher budgets and support). I wish Gilding tokens were easier to get as well (or at least buyable relatively cheap on their own in the store instead of in a box), but given the rewards (good vanity, cool and fast mounts) it would be ridiculous if you could farm them in a matter of a few days by repeating an event.

this is true, events like this should reward the player with more with exclusive gear that only drops in this event and also works outside.

i remember before playing aoc, some years back, i used to play other mmos, there was one that had this event every anniversary where you went into an island and all players had to collect coins killing mobs in the area. after athe whole server gathered a certain amount of coins, the main event opened for 2 hrs then farm coins again to "spawn" the event
    this event was meant to be played in groups, it could be pugs or not. as i remember, you had 20min to gather materials with the help of some npcs, your job was to defend them and with the time the difficulty scaled up to epic. at the end they rewarded you depending on the time you were inside before you failed, or if you managed to survive the 20min.
    the reward was some kind of tokens wich could be used to buy items, from those that helped you at this event to gear that could be upgraded to epic with lots of farming. funny thing was that, the gear was really good but it was ugly as hell, and this people added at the same time vanity gear that could override the apparience of any armor... now people were gearing with this ugly armors that honstly took hours and days of farming, and they were happy but they also wanted to look cool, so they bought this vanity armors from the store with real money... they make profit of this and later they added more content...

events here are fun, but they have no incentive to replay... and fc is missing oportunities to get money...
    Last edited by Belsvard; 24th October 2015 at 04:59.
    meh...

Guys) do you feel same great fun when you doing new event quest and bosses not spawn? i feel HUGE fun about this))))
    ...com must do same with raid loot))) make it random ....com. sometimes loot drops, sometimes not. we all will have fun, great fun)))

ps. got second boss in new quest) after 7 runs, just porting outside and deleting quest after i seen that there is no boss. GREAT FUN))) after 10 runs, still no 1 boss)))

most funny in this is when i did first run on other alt and got all bosses from the first attempt
    Last edited by Dieselconq; 25th October 2015 at 09:28.