Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shadow of Vanaheim Rank 4 bears

Bear mounts are absolutely ridiculous. The Yog mounts are even worse. The tiger and wolf mounts are just as bad. I understand the desire or want for different mounts, but each time they make a new one it comes off as absolutely absurd. Horses are just fine, they just need more rendering patterns that make them interesting again.

On the other hand, Rhino's and Mammoths actually fit the setting, they should do more with those kinds of mounts, or even a quasi-dino mount that actually fits the period lore. Just no more Korean-esque high fantasy garbage. And NO panda mounts.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Bear mounts are absolutely ridiculous. The Yog mounts are even worse. The tiger and wolf mounts are just as bad. I understand the desire or want for different mounts, but each time they make a new one it comes off as absolutely absurd. Horses are just fine, they just need more rendering patterns that make them interesting again.

On the other hand, Rhino's and Mammoths actually fit the setting, they should do more with those kinds of mounts, or even a quasi-dino mount that actually fits the period lore. Just no more Korean-esque high fantasy garbage. And NO panda mounts.
    I fully agree with you man, for maybe the first time?

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post

I don't know if trolling or seruous?

While I agree that yothian mounts are totally off, calling tiger and bear mounts Korean-esque high fantasy yet thinking that dinosaur mounts would fit the hyborian lore is ridiculous.
    There is almost nothing high fantasy in bears at all knowing that Conan actually rides a flying bat like creature in The Scarlet Citadel.

My only problem with bear mounts in AoC is that they aren't done that well and with not so good textures, also the lack of proper simple swift bear mount without any plate armors.
    Last edited by Redd; 27th October 2015 at 16:10.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Evil Elitist Veteran Wanker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

-- Make AoC Great Again --

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    I don't know if trolling or seruous?

While I agree that yothian mounts are totally off, calling tiger and bear mounts Korean-esque high fantasy yet thinking that dinosaur mounts would fit the hyborian lore is ridiculous.
    There is almost nothing high fantasy in bears at all knowing that Conan actually rides a flying bat like creature in The Scarlet Citadel.

My only problem with bear mounts in AoC is that they aren't done that well and with not so good textures, also the lack of proper simple swift bear mount without any plate armors.
    How is a sub-Sino mount not fitting to the lore? The stories mentioning the black kingdoms, ruins that predate pre-historic times, Cyclopian cities, it's not that far jump to a raptor like mount. Where as the tiger and wolf mounts look completely out of place. Maybe if they looked more like wolves and tigers I would agree, but come on, they look like something out of Aion. Ape man, lizard men, undead, giant snakes, how does a surviving dino sub species not belong but some narnian looking bear mount does?
    Doomsayer 2008

wolf and tigers are a bit too much, but ok for me. the yothian snake is maybe the worst mount i've seen in all MMORPGs
    im also ok with bears. but honestly, i would stick with horses and camels
    meh...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12