Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: State of the game - should I return?

Default State of the game - should I return?

After reading 2Q2015 financial report (some excerpts below) I'm wondering what is the state of the game, its possible future and if I should come back at all. Anyone could help me?

Additionally, the company will keep developing and supporting the existing MMORPGs as they an important source of revenue and drive the internal IPs.
    Overall, Funcom’s large scale MMOs continue to generate a positive net contribution to the business and investment levels are constantly reviewed and aligned with expected revenue to ensure that they will continue to contribute positively to the Company in the future.
    The trend of slowly declining revenues on the current Live Game portfolio is expected to continue as in previous quarters due to the ageing of the games. The Company will continue to support the current Live Games as long as they continue to contribute positively to the Company’s results.

Quote Originally Posted by Crolug View Post
    After reading 2Q2015 financial report (some excerpts below) I'm wondering what is the state of the game, its possible future and if I should come back at all. Anyone could help me?
    Well if u come back, you will be 1 more player for the game! The more the better. I love the game and encurrage many to return☺
    Crom:
    Kraamz dt pvp10
    Kramzor hox pvp10
    Quickdash guard pvp7
    Kramzz bs pvp5

Fury:
    Pressostate conq pvp5
    ++++

AFK into the unknown =/

Smile

Valar Morgulis!

Are you about to play AoC using an Abacus or a slipstick? I guess not.

So please, by all means, just forget about any financial reports and just play
    the game if you're in the mood to - or let it be if you don't, end of story !

Btw, welcome back to AoC in advance!
    Tc
    Hawk
    "I have known many gods.
    He who denies them is as blind as he who trusts them too deeply."
    R. E. Howard - Queen of the black coast

Aerion Brightflame. One night, in his cups, he drank a jar of wildfire,
    after telling his friends it would transform him into a dragon, but the
    gods were kind and it transformed him into a corpse.
    George R.R. Martin - A Clash of Kings

Quote Originally Posted by Crolug View Post
    It's F2P (free to play) ~ so what's the problem?

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post

If you like the gameplay, then you should come back. Most guilds are still doing t3/t4 so I doubt we will have everyone into t6 when it comes out. Yes, if the game folds then we will 'lose' all our 'hard work'. But the game is entertainment, not a living (unless you are a gold farmer). Its a way to unwind, distress, detoxify and relax after a hard day at work/school/etc.

Come back as a FTP and see if you want to do a sub. I have a sub til 3/2016 right now.

Default Yep, I would come on back

I rejoined AOC about a month and 1/2 ago now. I still love the game play, the loot drops the overall experience, compared to what is out there today....I tried them all, rift, BF1,2,3,4 elder scrolls, Neverwinter...ACO still blows those games apart and into pieces. Most who still play are worried about the future of it, but it's is after all simply a game, something to enjoy, to many I think take it to damn serious. So what if you get a grp that fails a few times or more at running a Dungeon or whatever, relax, talk about how to fix the mistakes and try again. I am playing AOC again WITHOUT all the ill conceived thoughts that FC was actually going to make it great. Helps me keep from blowing a lid like in 08,9,10,11 when I quit pissed off and upset over.....a game.
    I say come on back be good to have another body online!

Quote Originally Posted by banecrushr View Post
    I rejoined AOC about a month and 1/2 ago now. I still love the game play, the loot drops the overall experience, compared to what is out there today....I tried them all, rift, BF1,2,3,4 elder scrolls, Neverwinter...ACO still blows those games apart and into pieces. Most who still play are worried about the future of it, but it's is after all simply a game, something to enjoy, to many I think take it to damn serious. So what if you get a grp that fails a few times or more at running a Dungeon or whatever, relax, talk about how to fix the mistakes and try again. I am playing AOC again WITHOUT all the ill conceived thoughts that FC was actually going to make it great. Helps me keep from blowing a lid like in 08,9,10,11 when I quit pissed off and upset over.....a game.
    I say come on back be good to have another body online!
    What he said with added enthusiasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post

More like F2T (Free to Trial) tbh
    Ashareth: Assassin (80) - Tsong: Ranger (80) - Ashoreth: Dark Templar (80) - Belidos: Conqueror (80)
    Ashorath: Guardian (52) - Asharoth: Priest of Mitra (80) - Asheera: Tempest of Set (80)
    Asharath: Bear Shaman (5) - Asharatep: Demonologist (80)

Quote Originally Posted by Asharoth View Post
    More like F2T (Free to Trial) tbh
    Well it is not a B2P game - so it's not really a surprise that some content is behind a paywall. (But I do agree that F2P access should be expanded somewhat to get F2Pers to mingle more with subbers.)
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    Well it is not a B2P game - so it's not really a surprise that some content is behind a paywall. (But I do agree that F2P access should be expanded somewhat to get F2Pers to mingle more with subbers.)
    For some of us it's more like Buy to trial for free to play, considering many of us also bought the game originally.
    Ashareth: Assassin (80) - Tsong: Ranger (80) - Ashoreth: Dark Templar (80) - Belidos: Conqueror (80)
    Ashorath: Guardian (52) - Asharoth: Priest of Mitra (80) - Asheera: Tempest of Set (80)
    Asharath: Bear Shaman (5) - Asharatep: Demonologist (80)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast