Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Returning player

Default Returning player

Hey all, I'm back!
    I played from early access till just after Rise of the Godslayer.

I've noticed a few thing. Combos are now mostly a one button affair. That's a bummer. I wish there was an optional alienate combo system. Like you activate "combo mode" and then just key in the patten for whatever combo you want.

I'm also curious about rangers. Is there any reason to switch to melee weapons in close combat? I remember way back when there was a reason to.

That's it for now but I'm sure I will come up with lots more questions as I come across more changes.

I really missed this game and I'm glad to be back.

For other classes you have to Select a combo and then perform the required steps to do the actual combo .
    Ranger is just a dumbed down easymode class now and no there is not really a reason to switch weapons , except you like to finish someone off with a sword ^^

Welcome back
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

I noticed that all of my old characters have had the combo chains shortened to mostly just one or two buttons as well.

Jar, you will have more unpleasant surprises about this game, I am afraid. :-(
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarundr View Post
    I noticed that all of my old characters have had the combo chains shortened to mostly just one or two buttons as well.
    Now landing combo steps (step is "landed" when it hits the player and lights up with green) deals more damage than just preloading.

You left the game when classes had much more combo steps but people just preloaded all steps and tried to land the last step on player (it was called jousting).
    Retired

Seems like backwards fix. "Don't fix the exploit, shorten the combos, great!"

Seems like backwards fix. "Don't fix the exploit, shorten the combos, great!"
    The game is much more fast paced than it used to (more burst, less armor/resistances). Some squishy classes like assassins would not be able to execute long combos without geting demolished.
    By having shorter combos you can now take advantage of debuffs/CCs. You can now actually engage in fight rather than: preload, run in, unload, run away.
    Retired

I never did any PVP so I guess that was never a factor for me.

More questions.
    I've got a group of 3 planning to tackle the game together. Are epic zones worth playing? If so can it be done with just 3?
    Same goes for the dungeons as we level up. Possible with 3 or do you really need 6?

More questions.
    I've got a group of 3 planning to tackle the game together. Are epic zones worth playing? If so can it be done with just 3?
    Same goes for the dungeons as we level up. Possible with 3 or do you really need 6?
    You can do Epic with 3, but it will be difficult (That is the point right?). The rewards in both loot and exp. make it a good option. The very first dungeon is Black Castle and it requires a minimum of 4 players to complete (due to the "puzzles"). Unless you wait until you are far above the recommended level, all of them will be difficult to undoable with 3 players.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast