Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should I...

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    I hope they make the technology available for private servers; should it all go to hell .

do you know any company that did that with their shut down MMO?
    Retired

Default On CROM

There is a decent amount of pugs going in global, and you have the semipugs of Aichmophobia, The Walking Dead, Konann (Union) and Crompugs, plus some others too. Normally there isn't a problem doing a old world unchained loop in one evening, from joining pugs - or filling one if you make a run. If you wanna do T5, there is only a few guilds who have all bosses on farm, and a raid spot in those guilds could be hard to get.

Subscribing for 1 year.. Well, you do get some extra game time and a discount, so as long as the game don't shut down meantime, I'd go for a 1 year sub. Clearly the best worth of money, and you'll also get some funcom points to spend in the game store for happy boxes or rez/crit potions. ^^,

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    Not the companies, but maybe the fans, if they are allowed to.
    Warhammer online can partially be accessed again due to a fan-project. Sadly you can only level until T2, still better than nothing though.
    Last time I checked there were more ppl online there than on fury nowadays.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Quote Originally Posted by Maelkjar View Post
    Not the companies, but maybe the fans, if they are allowed to.
    Warhammer online can partially be accessed again due to a fan-project. Sadly you can only level until T2, still better than nothing though.
    Last time I checked there were more ppl online there than on fury nowadays.
    AFAIK private servers are illegal. Never heard of company granting prv server to players. And there is whole Conan IP licensing which is a separate issue. Even if FC gave players the prv server we still would need Conan license from Paradox (or whomever is in charge of an IP now).

So pretty much if FC goes down the game goes with it.
    Retired

There is a new T6 raid coming out, and the dungeon/raid finder (like WoW has) is currently being worked on too.

But all that is moot since Funcom is bankrupt and looking to sell their company. So the future of AoC is really up in the air. For nostalgic reasons, I'd certainly hop on and do some minigames or just ride around the zones.
    Last edited by krippa; 17th August 2015 at 13:46.

Default Achievments

For more casual play; there is the new achievement system. Gives a few OK perks and you do get some recognition for previous game accomplishments. Just find a chronicler of deeds (hub cities) and up-date your achievements.
    1000 points is hub and PvP teleports and 1500 is outdoor teleports. These are quite nice. 2000 points is a racial rune stone and 2500 is an archetype combat pet . There's more after but these are the easiest milestones.

I think I need to pop on 1 more time for nostalgia. Nothing like a few good fatalities to bring back fond memories!

AoC was really the first MMO that I fell in love with (I played a few others, but none captured me like AoC). I followed it for years before release, and my enthusiasm was through the roof up to launch.

Unlike many others, I did not have a plague of performance issues at launch and it killed me to see how badly the game was received and how poorly the game was initially managed by FC, with many things missing at launch, bugs, etc... I still enjoyed it immensely for 3 years from launch.

The game I followed up until launch was not the game we got at launch, and I think many others felt the same way. All that said, it was a great game (and still could be)

Thanks for the responses. Good to see at least enough people still care to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    Chess is a dead game without any, and I mean any support by the developer. Pieces are horribly unbalanced - don't know why people should ever play Pawn. And Tower needs to be nerfed ASAP.

Still fun, though, even in f2p mode.
    A witty rejoinder, indeed.
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    Yes, Turbine is planning on making Asheron's Call available for its player base on private servers.
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

Quote Originally Posted by Radicaltop View Post
    Yes, Turbine is planning on making Asheron's Call available for its player base on private servers.
    Initial release date: November 2, 1999

Thats abandonware by now :P
    Retired

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast