Thread: What's a good leveling spec?

Default What's a good leveling spec?

So it's been years since I played a Guard, but it looks like not much has changed.
    I assume Polearm is the way to go?
    Currently looking at something like this: http://goo.gl/527AMt

Would this be good? Or should I invest more heavily into Tempest spec? Any tips appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwann145 View Post
    So it's been years since I played a Guard, but it looks like not much has changed.
    I assume Polearm is the way to go?
    Currently looking at something like this: http://goo.gl/527AMt

Would this be good? Or should I invest more heavily into Tempest spec? Any tips appreciated.
    Hi,

guards still do very little damage compared to the other tanks, have a hard time in the endgame keeping aggro when paired with dts and are all in all not exactly a great joy to play.

Regarding leveling. Yes, polearm does a bit more damage than 1h&shield. That build in the link is quite ok for leveling.
    Last edited by Iomhair; 5th July 2015 at 02:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Iomhair View Post
    Hi,

guards still do very little damage compared to the other tanks, have a hard time in the endgame keeping aggro when paired with dts and are all in all not exactly a great joy to play.

Regarding leveling. Yes, polearm does a bit more damage than 1h&shield. That build in the link is quite ok for leveling.
    That may be your opinion. But they still are strongest tank especially for time trial 6 mans. I still find guard the best out of the 3 soldiers.

Polearm is good for leveling though and just about any dungeon leveling up can be tanked with it.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Polearm for leveling - build is ok, so you can stay longer in frency. All next points in tempest tree - you want to get to strom strike.
    But in dungeons you should go with a 1h+shield. Just to get used to this (and your role as main tank) as this will be your engame group (Raid & dungeons) specc.

At least this is my opinion.