Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW interview with CirithGorgor - current state of the game

How many years we need wait until crafting revamp hit live servers?
    How about "1 mini-game map per year"?
    Millions of people play AoC in the past, and 90% of them think what game was dead for years. What Funcom can do in that situation?

- What happened to the Slithering Chaos? I always feared it was animation problem but seeing this video made me re-consider. Why? http://gfycat.com/BlushingForcefulFerret
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Ok, trying to limit the questions to design influenceable ones...not adressing the management and marketing issues:

- crafting revamp: will existing progress in current system be portable or convertable to the new one? will it happen at all? what will happen to the resource zones and guild cities? will it be an additional route to power or just an addon to raid progress?

- pvp events: will you consider the suggestions made to fix the content to be more valid for more people? will you fix the quest system to reward participation and activity over alt-farming (as in those suggestions made here on the forum and in private on TL)?

- will there ever be random generated content (quests, zones, travel events) ?

- how powerfull is your map editor? (if you have one) and will you consider adding new content through player generated mods in the future? (of course with tested approval system)

- are you considering combojumping an exploit or not? when will it be fixed (again) or replaced by a more valid "system" to include skill(lag)based actions into combat?

- is someone working on allowing for a prompt to let players choose the type of instance they want to enter? (pve ruleset (as on crom now), pvp ruleset (as on fury now), epic (as now or modified), hardcore pvp ruleset (as on rage), rp ruleset (without aggressive mobs or npcs at all, enterable as a raid+))?
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 3rd July 2015 at 06:42.

3 things are currently most important:

1) Status of crafting revamp, I mean 90, 75 or 99%???
    2) New AA - new weapons for it, how about old AA points (I have around 1k on my main)?
    3) T6 loot, differences between 'normal mode' and 'easy mode' gear (are they?), how about progress of T6 gear compared to T5/T4 - Will it be more than 10-15%?
    Circle of Nine member since 20/10/2010
    Age of Conan player since 15/04/2009
    C9 Officer => http://www.c9-gaming.eu/

ToS FTW! Moar, moar power!

Ask him about the following:
    6 mans - we've had none since 2013 and they are desperately needed, so plans for;
    - Unchaineds (Catacombs, Sanctum, Black Castle, etc)
    - Slithering Chaos.

- The Pillars of Encounter design article which was never released.

- Plans post-Cetriss, immediate on road map, and what T7 may potentially be.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

Aside the obvious ones (What's the state and ETA of Craft revamp, what about the arena, the AAs, the unchained thingy, and so on) we all want to ask, I have some question less related to the current state of the game.

1) How the hell is a new raid designed ? Are you (they) first writing down the story, then design the whole places and encounters based on what the story is telling ? Or is it the other way around, like : "We have a setting to expand (i.e. Dragon Spine), what story could fit this part of the lore ? We have this artstyle for the whole area, what boss would fit the theme ?

2) Is there new music planned for the new raid ?

3) Is it really like I imagine : Pyzerius and Cirith working in some kind of pub basement, cheering every time something it the Live server, their salary paid in beers by Funcom ?

4) What about the balance tweak and class (minor or major) revamp ? Long time ago, we were speaking about some kind of archetype rotation for the balance/revamp. Like Mage revamp, and so on. Necro seriously need one. (Ok, this one is linked with the state of the game, I admit it)

5) As it seems periodic content ("adventure pack") is the way things will go for AoC, what can we expect ? Same scale ? Same price model ? What did the dev though about the reception of Shadow of Vanaheim ?
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Ask him about:

1)Bug fixes like the group bug in jheball sag or res bug.

2)Like Jaedelyia said about future class balances or even whole revamp of some classes.

3)Any plans for more unchained dungeons in the future.

4)Any plans for some new minigame map.

5)If they are going to implement t4 pvp gear how are they going to do it?

6)Mini game win streak was in right direction although idemnity's way to get it wasnt so good,but are there any plans to add more quests tied to mini games?

7)What are the plans for t6 gear and how will it react with t5 gear's bonuses?Meaning if you replace a t5 item with a t6 will you lose the effect of the bonuses from t5 sets?
    IVORY TOWER

Rage server... what they gonna do about it?
    Rage Lietuvaite pvp6 ranger
    Fury Elijona pvp9 ToS
    Lietus pvp2 BS

/edit ***
    Last edited by Mustaine; 3rd July 2015 at 17:25.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

When will they finally implement a "No Rules" PvP server? I'm tired of all the QQ in mini-games on CROM. And don't even get me started on the skill *(or lack of) on there. YIKES !

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast