Thread: Does Funcom Care about its current players game experience

Default Does Funcom Care about its current players game experience

Why does Funcom go out of its way to upset its customers!

There have been many changes that are positive however, For what ever reason Funcom takes actions or misleads its players for example:

1.) Achievement level 2500 it indicates you earn a combat pet however the Healer class get a floating ball that only heals out of combat. Please explain to me and every other healer how this is a combat pet.

2.) Ursa Major is labeled as a Swift mount and I considered it to be close unfortunately it was short lived as Funcom decided to do a patch and slow it down indicating that it was faster than intended. If I wanted a slow mount I would ride my level 40 horse or just use the one I got with the new expansion upgrade. I am not looking for a Bear with all the fancy armor. Just wanted a swift brown bear.

Unfortunately you guys just make changes and don't think about how it effects your current players and their enjoyment in the game.

Example the order the players are brought back to life was changed for PVP purposes had directly Effected the PVE Raids. A person dies receives a Rez from a healer and goes to click on it while another healer has thrown one causing the dead person to be rezed outside the raid instance. This is a major inconvenience wasting the time of 23 other players.

The players in the game actually have came up with a saying "I have been Funcommed". It is not a good thing when your customers start using your name in a negative manor.

This is only a couple of examples could list many more.

This game has so much potential and should be growing but Funcom for what ever reason does not want to act on it

Quote Originally Posted by Photobossman View Post
    Why does Funcom go out of its way to upset its customers!

There have been many changes that are positive however, For what ever reason Funcom takes actions or misleads its players for example:

1.) Achievement level 2500 it indicates you earn a combat pet however the Healer class get a floating ball that only heals out of combat. Please explain to me and every other healer how this is a combat pet.

2.) Ursa Major is labeled as a Swift mount and I considered it to be close unfortunately it was short lived as Funcom decided to do a patch and slow it down indicating that it was faster than intended. If I wanted a slow mount I would ride my level 40 horse or just use the one I got with the new expansion upgrade. I am not looking for a Bear with all the fancy armor. Just wanted a swift brown bear.

Unfortunately you guys just make changes and don't think about how it effects your current players and their enjoyment in the game.

Example the order the players are brought back to life was changed for PVP purposes had directly Effected the PVE Raids. A person dies receives a Rez from a healer and goes to click on it while another healer has thrown one causing the dead person to be rezed outside the raid instance. This is a major inconvenience wasting the time of 23 other players.

The players in the game actually have came up with a saying "I have been Funcommed". It is not a good thing when your customers start using your name in a negative manor.

This is only a couple of examples could list many more.

This game has so much potential and should be growing but Funcom for what ever reason does not want to act on it
    All they care about now is Secret world and Lego, AoC just pays for the development of new projects, they do not care about the player base or what they think, they turned their back on the community a long time ago, They promised transfers from Rage over a year ago and still they haven't done that , drunken fighting lol dont get me started on that empty promise, at the end of the day they just continue to bite the hand that feeds them... as for the been Funcommed comment, i have seen that used for a long time, just goes to show the standing they have with their player base

The short answer...No, they don't. Most companies do not care about their consumers or guests, it's just words and actions that people are paid to do or say to yield a desired result. Some people may care about their work since it's tied to their own prosperity, but you will find very few people who actually do a job because they care about the people it reaches, affects, or targets. Since Funcom itself has a record of extremely poor customer service, you can only expect it to get worse because their management have no standards.

You want an example, just look how they handled the so called "anniversary content" this year. Extremely dubious, and borderline insulting when you read the "apology".
    Doomsayer 2008

Corporate Funcom has a different agenda than those of us who have been AOC diehards.

I do think the dev team is trying it's best to continue to put out a good product. The anniversary problem had the feel of a situation where the AOC guys did one thing, and then FC came along behind them and changed it.

As for the pet, you realize you can get all the pets on each toon if you level the other archetypes? The rogue one is good though to help you get around fast.

I don't really care about the bear mounts one way or the other, but I do hate the rez bug. That should've been rolled back 3 years ago when it first hit live.