Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Old original player checking in

Quote Originally Posted by lamiastrix View Post
    Hi there! Most of you will have no idea who I am though I was an avid forum haunter back in the day, primarily posting on the Cimmeria RP-PvP forums where I played. I see this game is down to 3 servers now and, of course, none of them are RP-oriented, which was one of the many reasons I left this game after so heavily supporting it since well before launch. So I'm curious as to where the game stands now. What's the store like? Is there player housing now? Did they ever add more hairstyles? How far have the guild cities come and what can you do with them and how easy is it to build them up? What's the content like in F2P vs. having a subscription? Is there still an RP community worth being involved in? If yes, what server are they on? Thanks in advance for your responses!

~Pantherea

The store also has a lot of inventory/bank upgrade options.

Over the past year or so, there have been new "boxes" you could buy that had random pets/mounts/morphs/vanity gear/hair dyes and similar things (including legendary mounts/pets). When they would put a new box up, they took the old ones down.

You have also never seen the World Boss system. First Wednesday of every month a WB starts spawning, with a per instance timer of about 25-60 minutes from one death to the next spawn. These WB drop vanity gear, pets, stat potions, AA xp urns, and from the rare purple boxes, T3 tokens, T3 rares, T3 equivalent weapons/accessories and epic pets. There are also Legendary Cloaks from a quest to kill all 12 World Bosses for a year.

Not sure when you left, but there is guild Renown which ties into the guild cities a bit. Allowing you to get more pets/mounts/better potions/more architect crafting, etc. Though the renown system has been broken for quite a while now making it hard for anyone trying to level up their guilds renown.

Hi there! Most of you will have no idea who I am though I was an avid forum haunter back in the day, primarily posting on the Cimmeria RP-PvP forums where I played. I see this game is down to 3 servers now and, of course, none of them are RP-oriented, which was one of the many reasons I left this game after so heavily supporting it since well before launch. So I'm curious as to where the game stands now. What's the store like? Is there player housing now? Did they ever add more hairstyles? How far have the guild cities come and what can you do with them and how easy is it to build them up? What's the content like in F2P vs. having a subscription? Is there still an RP community worth being involved in? If yes, what server are they on? Thanks in advance for your responses!

~Pantherea
    Welcome back, Lami, to the lurkers :P

Sadly, FC is FC and thusly most of the things hasn't been delivered. And RP'ing died a loooooong time ago, PvP or PvE-style regardless. Last time I heard anything about RP'ing it was either in SHI, which many refuses to go to for reasons I won't get into here, or during closed events in guild-cities (I know that Invicta had events when I was in that guild, as well as Shadow Company before they went bellyflop when many of us quit and went to other pastures).

The state of RP these days is unknown to me, tbh. I hung up my sword and kilt long ago, and have relegated myself to lurking on the boards in the vain hope that FC gets their act together, however unlikely that might be. But judging from the state of RP before I left, I'd daresay that you'd be VERY hard pressed to find anyone to RP with at all.
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

Wink

Ah thanks for the info. So Crom is the PvE server. Breaks my heart that there is no RP PvP server any longer. I guess the "pure" PvPers killed it...along with that insane game director that totally FUBAR-ed this game back when I was still playing it.
    Edit by Anzu: Flame/troll.

If you want roleplay (and you actually want to check out the game) you can find it on crom , Satetka still plays (on occasion) and leads a pvp minded guild that does sieges and pvp stuff. I'm sure you remember him. Anyways i would welcome you back but I don't see the point. likely you wont stick around and besides, we never did get along anyway ;P
    Last edited by Anzu; 9th June 2015 at 10:23.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    They sure could have. That said, there's still a lot of that original greatness left in the game, and the few people working on it are doing what they can. Whether that is enough reason to play the game really depends on how much you care about the things which make it unique (art design, combat system, etc).

If you have a soft spot for nostalgia, read Slith's interview with Gaute Godager (AoC's first game director) here.
    Awww... thank you for that article! *wipes tear I wish I knew how to reach Gaute so I could go all fangirl on him and tell him how much I loved the game he tried so hard to make and how much I hate the idiot who destroyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadicus View Post
    Edit by Anzu: Flame/troll.

If you want roleplay (and you actually want to check out the game) you can find it on crom , Satetka still plays (on occasion) and leads a pvp minded guild that does sieges and pvp stuff. I'm sure you remember him. Anyways i would welcome you back but I don't see the point. likely you wont stick around and besides, we never did get along anyway ;P
    Yeah I don't miss you or Sat either. LOL There were PLENTY of PvP servers back in the day and ONE RP-PvP server. You had no reason to roll there, let alone to whine about the rules bud. But I'm glad they infuriated you.
    Last edited by Anzu; 9th June 2015 at 10:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Bukkithedd View Post
    Welcome back, Lami, to the lurkers :P

Sadly, FC is FC and thusly most of the things hasn't been delivered. And RP'ing died a loooooong time ago, PvP or PvE-style regardless. Last time I heard anything about RP'ing it was either in SHI, which many refuses to go to for reasons I won't get into here, or during closed events in guild-cities (I know that Invicta had events when I was in that guild, as well as Shadow Company before they went bellyflop when many of us quit and went to other pastures).

The state of RP these days is unknown to me, tbh. I hung up my sword and kilt long ago, and have relegated myself to lurking on the boards in the vain hope that FC gets their act together, however unlikely that might be. But judging from the state of RP before I left, I'd daresay that you'd be VERY hard pressed to find anyone to RP with at all.
    Yeah you are right. Like you I'll likely keep checking the forums once a year or so in hopes a miracle may occur... like some other company with a little respect for RE Howard may buy the game and reboot it. LOL Hey, a girl can dream!

Yeah I don't miss you or Sat either. LOL There were PLENTY of PvP servers back in the day and ONE RP-PvP server. You had no reason to roll there, let alone to whine about the rules bud. But I'm glad they infuriated you.
    I rolled there because my friend who got me into age of conan rolled there. I had no idea what RP even was. And as much as it infuriated me i'm ultimately not the one who quit the game and walked away from the game doll . I weathered it just fine. If you don't like satetka there isn't going to be much RP for you im afraid. Then again you can always log onto fury and ill make a solid effort to pad camp you in character

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadicus View Post
    I rolled there because my friend who got me into age of conan rolled there. I had no idea what RP even was. And as much as it infuriated me i'm ultimately not the one who quit the game and walked away from the game doll . I weathered it just fine. If you don't like satetka there isn't going to be much RP for you im afraid. Then again you can always log onto fury and ill make a solid effort to pad camp you in character
    Satetka is still around? Is RP still even relevant in AoC considering the lack of participants ...
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    Satetka is still around? Is RP still even relevant in AoC considering the lack of participants ...
    RP was never truly relevant. That's the thing. Satetka is still around afaik. He runs a guild on Crom. Though i have heard he is not logging on as much lately. No surprise since all pve guilds on crom stand together against him. such is the way of pve carebears after all. They want to own battlekeeps but don't want to have to defend them so they all band together to defend with overwhelming force.

The rules ever enforced on RP-PvP servers were names. There was a certain few players that spent their time, on their own, "policing" names. There was one female player that reported every person online at the time in the guild I was in at point. The fact that was the only way RP community could attack the PvP community was sad. I had several of my toons named changed for no reason (the names were not offensive), and several people who had, somewhat questionable names, were banned harshly. Name violations are so minor, yet people were receiving 3-7 day bans. Edit by Anzu: Flame/troll.

The fact the server was named RP-PvP did not mean someone could not disrupt the events by attacking people. The RP community cried about that, but then again, it is a PvP server. Edit by Anzu: Flame/troll. Cimmeria was a PvP server, you can't really blame players for following the population from server to server. The RP community felt that "their" server had been invaded by Tyranny transfers then, which the only thing was that original cimmeria players mostly avoided killing rpers while Tyranny players did not discriminate who they killed or when.

I don't really see the point of enforcing a ruleset when the only rule ever being enforced was names, and then it was mainly enforced by a small sect of players who lived to report. Edit by Anzu: Flame/troll.
    Last edited by Anzu; 9th June 2015 at 10:26.
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast