Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this forum still alive?

Default Is this forum still alive?

Am I reading this right? Are the most current posts on this forum really from 2013?

While activity on this forum is fairly low these days, it is not _that_ low.
    Latest posts are from earlier today, and it is a rare day when there is not at least one new post.

Or did you mean the RP sub-forum? Then, yes, it is mostly dead.
    Last edited by ErikT; 8th June 2015 at 12:45.

RP forum is alive, just not kicking much.
    RP activity on Crom is a bit more lively, thank the whatever
    Khemi. Picture Hell on the cheap then add more whores

Quote Originally Posted by lamiastrix View Post
    Am I reading this right? Are the most current posts on this forum really from 2013?
    The RP-boards has been dead for a long, long time, pretty much.
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bukkithedd View Post
    The RP-boards has been dead for a long, long time, pretty much.
    That is ****ing tragic. Funcom, please die of shame now.

Quote Originally Posted by lamiastrix View Post
    That is ****ing tragic. Funcom, please die of shame now.
    To be honest, the blame doesn't solely belong at Funcom's door. I'd daresay that the worst enemy of RP-communities in any game is the RP-community itself, since, on general, the communities tend to be somewhat elitist and can at times be EXTREMELY hostile to those that is percieved not to RP "correctly". I've both seen this and had this happen to me quite a few times, in my case because I rarely, if ever, bother to deal with storylines, backstories and such things and rather prefer to freeform things. Add to the fact that most of my toons are usually utterly bonkers in the head and in AoC's case have a name that can't be pronounced (Wharrgharbl, who is both utterly insane, can't remember anything about where he came from or who he actually is AND can't speak apart from making gurgling noises), and you have a situation that most RP'ers react rather negatively to unless they're able to go with the flow. Which few was and are since many RP'ers tend to write out long, almost theatre-style plays and storylines.

The hostility of an RP-community is probably the worst enemy the community has, in any game.

Of course, Funcom could have done a lot more for RP'ers. And no, I'm not talking about RP-servers, since those are useless unless they have a ruleset that's actually actively enforced. The addition of vanity-gear has helped over the years, but it's a minor band-aid if a band-aid at all.
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

Default Things can be a bit slow

But you know evil never sleeps....

Laylia

It's strangely reassuring to see the same steady voices.

Hello again! *waves*

In a fit of nostalgia, and because some friends decided to come back and introduce new people (but probably not role play), I'm visiting again. I don't have high hopes, so I don't think I will be too terribly disappointed when I inevitably unsub again. But it'll be fun in the meantime, I hope!

What's the recommended action bar manager add-on these days?
    Last edited by Sendra; 21st June 2015 at 23:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Sendra View Post
    It's strangely reassuring to see the same steady voices.

Hello again! *waves*

In a fit of nostalgia, and because some friends decided to come back and introduce new people (but probably not role play), I'm visiting again. I don't have high hopes, so I don't think I will be too terribly disappointed when I inevitably unsub again. But it'll be fun in the meantime, I hope!

What's the recommended action bar manager add-on these days?
    ...you again

We were just talking about you.

I recommend Ikos UI.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Quote Originally Posted by Bukkithedd View Post
    And no, I'm not talking about RP-servers, since those are useless unless they have a ruleset that's actually actively enforced.
    I disagree on that part. RP-servers helped in the sense that from the start, RP was intitled to be there and thus almost every guild bothered to write some sort of background to there guild and act accordingly. I struggle to think of more than two important guild leader that didn't give a **** about RP. Personnally i enjoyed being able to add my PvP fights and the state of the guild wars into my character's background and sometimes discuss it with people in Teso's tavern before heading off for a due vengeance.

On non RP-servers big guilds are almost sololy efficence driven. With specific goals they want to achieve and no matter what their members do on the side. RP-servers tend to encourage a more self-policed community.

... at least that's my feeling after 3 years on an RP server.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast