Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Petition To Reduce Subscription Cost.

One can indeed wonder if demanding money for the subscription to a great, but hardly if ever updated game and bugged, sloppily designed mini AddOns is fair or feasible.

Personally, I'd prefer an increase in quality instead of lowering the subscription price.

If it is the better choice business wise is another question of course. But I suppose most AoC players are quite able to afford the current subscription cost. Also, changing it now would upset players that already bought sub time in advance. One would have to give them a retroactive discount to avoid that - tough decision to make for a company in dire straits.

It would, however, be a nice touch to reflect changes in currency ratios, as gog for example does. It is, as a European subscriber, annoying to pay more than a US player and get less quality for that (no localized support, bad ping, sometimes horrible connection problems). Or just move the servers back to Europe.

Demanding money for miniscule, boring and sloppily designed "scenarios", however, is not okay. Either offer those free (and hurt your game by dragging down its overall quality) or offer something worthwhile in quality, quantity and fun for the money.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Discounts for multiple accounts sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    I have never once paid $15/month for AoC. For the past 6 years or so, I've paid less than $8.25/month.

If you are only going to play for 1 or 2 months in a year, I don't see anything wrong with the $15/month. Lots of games have far worse deals than AoC in terms of subscription prices.
    Don't get me wrong, i think it's too much for what FUNCOM has offer during it's 6 years, not that the price is high in absolute terms.

And i play lots of games, like all gamers do, so i only sub one month at a time. I ended up tired of a game in one to two months always so i have no need of those deals of 3, 6 or 12 months sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    One can indeed wonder if demanding money for the subscription to a great, but hardly if ever updated game and bugged, sloppily designed mini AddOns is fair or feasible.

Personally, I'd prefer an increase in quality instead of lowering the subscription price.

If it is the better choice business wise is another question of course. But I suppose most AoC players are quite able to afford the current subscription cost. Also, changing it now would upset players that already bought sub time in advance. One would have to give them a retroactive discount to avoid that - tough decision to make for a company in dire straits.

It would, however, be a nice touch to reflect changes in currency ratios, as gog for example does. It is, as a European subscriber, annoying to pay more than a US player and get less quality for that (no localized support, bad ping, sometimes horrible connection problems). Or just move the servers back to Europe.

Demanding money for miniscule, boring and sloppily designed "scenarios", however, is not okay. Either offer those free (and hurt your game by dragging down its overall quality) or offer something worthwhile in quality, quantity and fun for the money.
    If you have been around since launch like some people. Quality vs price to sub has been lacking for very long time. Many mistakes. Areas that were unplayable for months or year(s). AN Vets are the ones who paid for it.
    Never to receive a coupon or a larger discount on subscription price, Never to get a better deal than these crappy offers they give us thinking it going to please us. I believe there are post and been players posting for years to give us more for the subscription price. An Funcom doesn't care to listen. Yet they tell you "OH WE CARE"! When funcom screwed up all they did was give time extensions to subs. An those weren't even that great. When they messed up new tiers that weren't able to be
    done nobody got extra time for that. We had to pay for them to fix it. Also think about the achievement system. We have to go back searching for things or quest that aren't high lighted for level 80s and a lot of them are broken. Really not fun when your on a 80 and have to find quest givers who at their level are lit up. Along with Funcom not giving out free slots. If you fill up your account with 80s. You have to buy a slot from them to do a achievement quest. IMO that's a bad con and unless something is given back to the players like lower subscription cost. Funcoms way of not having any value to the players who have supported this game for years. Also going to say, I see many friends sitting out of raids, which is really the only thing going for Funcom right now. Its nice that we support fellow players, but this is more reason to petitioning a lower cost. It cost us more because funcoms lack to put out what players want.

It just really time for funcom to experiment with this idea and come to the community and have their computers sense those who been here for along time. Give us more for our money. Bigger discounts on store items and discounts on Accounts that show it been played for X amount of days. A loyalty program of some sort, Discounting our account for subscription to premium.
    Last edited by Kellisia; 30th May 2015 at 17:31.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123