Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Petition To Reduce Subscription Cost.

I agree that the subscription price should be lowered, 15€ a month + buying add ons + buying small content updates is just far too high for AoC with it's thousands of bugs and low update rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Avernalis View Post
    I would like to add that the payment should be the same for everyone.

Why some people pay 15$, some pay 15 Euros and some pay 30 PLN?
    These amounts are not the same. And they should be.

Every custommer should have the same priviledge to pay the same amount of cash no matter where he is from.

!
    Ever heard of different values of money? 1 Dollar does not equal 1 PLN... if you look up at Google 1 dollar in PLN it shows that 1 dollar equals 3,7 PLN... just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    Ever heard of different values of money? 1 Dollar does not equal 1 PLN... if you look up at Google 1 dollar in PLN it shows that 1 dollar equals 3,7 PLN... just saying...
    Yeah? Currently 15 Euro equals 16.37 US Dollar and 15 US Dollar equals 13.74 Euro... I pay with swedish currency anyways so when I pay it get exchanged from usd/euro to swedish monies and I pay more than anyone paying in dollars.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    Sub is already cheap, especially if you go with the annual subscription with 45% discount. It is a really good deal if you ask me and I don't see the reason for it to be even cheaper...
    You even say it yourself: Then the undiscounted monthly fee is too high. And it should give you a hint at where to aim with the price (or with another model).
    It might be somewhat similar to a problem hige transportation railway companies have. Too much discrepancy between "casual" or "one at a time" price towards a monthly card or yearly card and too much mistrust in the company. This leads to a quite low and stable customer base with a lot of potential left unused.
    The fact that players in aoc use the standard monthly fee either because they want to be able to cancel fast and loose less money, if funcom does something wrong or because they want to check in from time to time (or for a first time and then rather not again with that fee).
    Many obviously wait till there is a good offer on bundles and discounted sub. Again this leads to the unhealthy (for funcom) discrepancy between longterm sub prices and casual income over time.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 28th May 2015 at 17:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    You even say it yourself: Then the undiscounted monthly fee is too high. And it should give you a hint at where to aim with the price (or with another model).
    It might be somewhat similar to a problem hige transportation railway companies have. Too much discrepancy between "casual" or "one at a time" price towards a monthly card or yearly card and too much mistrust in the company. This leads to a quite low and stable customer base with a lot of potential left unused.
    The fact that players in aoc use the standard monthly fee either because they want to be able to cancel fast and loose less money, if funcom does something wrong or because they want to check in from time to time (or for a first time and then rather not again with that fee).
    Many obviously wait till there is a good offer on bundles and discounted sub. Again this leads to the unhealthy (for funcom) discrepancy between longterm sub prices and casual income over time.
    I was lazy to explain more, but my opinion is that subscription cost itself is not high as long as AoC gets content on a regular basis. And I would't even mind paying for content on top of my subscription if it means the only way for FC to produce a good and meaningful patches unlike the latest mini pack. Hypothetically speaking I would have no problem at all paying for T7 raid in the future or a mini pack containing of 2-3 6 man instances if it guarantees a quality product. It would be totally worthy imo.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Evil Elitist Veteran Wanker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

-- Make AoC Great Again --

Quote Originally Posted by radamanthuz View Post
    Hum... i don't subscribe often (yes there goes khitai)! The way i see it, its p2p and full content or f2p/b2p and b2p extra content (TSW model). Both, no way. And yes i think 15 bucks are too much to sub AoC. The standard (WoW) has (much) more to offer and doesn't charge that! And unlike AoC, is constantly being fueled with new content!
    I have never once paid $15/month for AoC. For the past 6 years or so, I've paid less than $8.25/month.

If you are only going to play for 1 or 2 months in a year, I don't see anything wrong with the $15/month. Lots of games have far worse deals than AoC in terms of subscription prices.
    Last edited by tapwater; 28th May 2015 at 19:17.

I don't think the Subscription price is too high at least on the US side of things. Its a fair price and probably the cheapest hobby I have ever had in my life, I also don't mind paying for an expansion, but I really was ANGRY at the Vanaheim content, way too expensive for an instance to just distract the masses while they delay real game content.

I have been paying for 3 accounts for a number of years, in addition to buying bags for account wide, pots and teleports. It would be nice if they gave discounts for multiple subs or extra Funcom points for this sub. I do want to support the game, but it would be nice if I knew the money was staying on Aoc, which I strongly believe it isn't. That being said, paying for the Vanaheim content was a disappointment and the extra incentive was rather poor considering it was double the price.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

They could give subscribers more for their money: a gilding point, more funcom points per month...that sort of thing.

Also they SHOULD offer sub offers several times a year, not just once or twice. With decent gear for that matter.

Would have been great to get the bear mount with sub offer and then charge less for expansion if they HAD to charge for it.

But would rather get more for my monthly fee. Or could drop fee as long as it doesn't kill game.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    I have been paying for 3 accounts for a number of years, in addition to buying bags for account wide, pots and teleports. It would be nice if they gave discounts for multiple subs or extra Funcom points for this sub. I do want to support the game, but it would be nice if I knew the money was staying on Aoc, which I strongly believe it isn't. That being said, paying for the Vanaheim content was a disappointment and the extra incentive was rather poor considering it was double the price.

Is not that many people have multiple account that funcom won't merge as one. An the multiple accounts were from the lack of Character slots that were not there at launch?
    So this makes it more a reason to give a better subscription rate.

There are many factors that can regard to this petition for a lower rate on subscription. With the time length that the game has been out it may just not seem worth it.
    This effects the game in many areas. Mini games lack filling, so people start staging minis, Raids have to many people, yet not enough to fill 2 raids, or not enough people
    and raids not fill at all. Funcom need to take in consideration that not everyone will turn to filling a raid from global. So that just turns people away from the raids.
    Which is pretty much all that is left. An when someone sits out for another player, till the next week. We take the consideration of or fellow Guild mates to get in a raid.
    now FUNCOM it is your turn to return something in consideration to us. An that's a cheaper rate for the lack of content you can't produce.

Also the lower rate may have a better outlook to "New" Ftp players and get them to sub right off the bad. There you go More money already.
    Last edited by Kellisia; 29th May 2015 at 03:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Amen! I have 3 accounts due char slot limits too... man i would love to wrap them into one account... at least at the register page...

(A discount would be nice, but i am not going to hold my breath)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast