Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the deal with the new patch?

Quote Originally Posted by gcustoms View Post
    What a remarkable waste of money.

I thought "hmm if they're charging $15 for it when Dragons Spine was free then maybe it'll be worth it"

You pay $15 for an ugly, unfinished, tiny (about the size for the forgotten city) and worst of all SOLO instance.

Why do you hate us, Funcom?
    and i naively thought "copy and paste" content was uncreative...(good old times now)
    next step will be digital rights violation claims on anyone who bought the instance and posts screenshots and info...

Maybe next time before spending time and money, you need to ask what wants the community?

I really believed until the last moment that in the anniversary will be craft revamp
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

So, just to get things straight:

In order to access the new questline etc, I have to buy the content-pack, even if I was subbed? Because from what I understood of the dev-letter, that wasn't so.

I'm currently not playing AoC, but I've been following it closely ever since leaving. But it's things like this that keeps me away. Which is sad, since I gave this game 5 years of my life, and still love it. But it's hard to thrum up enthusiasm about the game when things like this happens, and even harder to bring some of my friends back. And without friends playing is not fun at all.
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    Maybe next time before spending time and money, you need to ask what wants the community?

I really believed until the last moment that in the anniversary will be craft revamp
    Can someone relate to the discrepancy of info between the official website (where it looks like the anniversary is free for all and the deluxe content pack is a shortcut including all available stuff) and the patchnotes (where there is only mention of ONE content pack) and this thread (and a corresponding one in german forums)?

Basically:

- Will f2p players be able to play an anniversary in new zones part of the content patch?
    - Will sub players be able to play an anniversary in new zones part of the content patch?
    - How many versions of the content patch are there in the cash shop and are they required to do a new anniversary event?
    - If so, will the even be temporary like last years or does the money unlock permanent access to the zones independant of quest (as in midwinter festival, which was dependand) or sub status (as Turan)?
    - Will there be older anniversary events reactivated?
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 20th May 2015 at 19:26.

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Basically:

- Will f2p players be able to play an anniversary in new zones part of the content patch?
    - Will sub players be able to play an anniversary in new zones part of the content patch?
    - How many versions of the content patch are there in the cash shop and are they required to do a new anniversary event?
    - If so, will the even be temporary like last years or does the money unlock permanent access to the zones independent of quest (as in midwinter festival, which was dependent) or sub status (as Turan)?
    - Will there be older anniversary events reactivated?
    This isn't an anniversary event, rather content released on the anniversary, but to answer the questions (questions edited to avoid confusion):

- Will f2p players be able to play in new zones as part of the content patch? yes
    - Will sub players be able to play in new zones as part of the content patch? yes
    - How many versions of the content patch are there in the cash shop and are they required to do the new content? 2 and yes
    - If so, will the content be temporary like last years or does the money unlock permanent access to the zones independent of having the quest? You need the main quest line to enter, the only restriction on this quest is a daily cooldown, premium status is not required.

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    Thank you, this clarifies things.

Age of Conan has had three different Game Directors and gone through I don't know how many employees, I'm guessing several hundred, in 7 years+. Not to mention the suspected inside stock trading Funcom was investigated for. It says a lot about the owner(s) of Funcom. It must really suck working for whoever owns and runs Funcom. And whoever that person is, they should be getting all the deserved grief coming from the AoC community.

The skin of rank 1 Ursa Minor is wrong, in description it should be brown but it is actually white.
    Henryx Guardian
    Henryau Pom
    Henryz Barb
    Henryuki Hox
    Henryn Necro
    Crom
    - Henryx Age of Conan Youtube -
    - Henryx Age of Conan Blog -

Quote Originally Posted by sugarspice View Post
    For the last three weeks its been a struggle just filling raids with guildies, every week less and less folks log on, these same folks will NOT log on and pay for this kind of "deal", some of them will just go away and never be seen again. Most of the folks who just disappear never post on the forums, never even say a word, then just give up and move on to something else. Every day I see EVERY big guild recruiting, even having T5 on farm does not promise them a full raid force and solid player base. Unfortunately these same guilds have very few to pick from to recruit and so more guilds die. This kind of "offer" is sure to make more mad and will not entice MOST of us to buy the content. I am a die hard fan girl and will be here until the lights go out, but with this kind of customer incentives the lights will be going out sooner rather than later. Even as a huge fan I feel like I was slapped on the face and then had a bucket of ice water poured over my head, I say no, my guild will say NO. I am willing to pay a reasonable price for real content, but don't make me pay a stupid price for an anniversary event and expect me to think I am getting a deal.
    I am one of those players that played from launch that sort of disappeared. Recently I have logged back on as I realized how much I missed the game. I have done some lite raiding and was looking forward to the anniversary content.
    Now I'm not sure what I am going to do. For me personally it gets a bit worse I play EST and my guild is no predominantly Oceanic now.
    Soullostt PVP9 Demo
    and 11 others I play here and there.

Thumbs down

guess what you all got funcomed since 2008!!

@cirith : do you think its a good choice to bring new (expensive) content while there's still bugged content on live-server?

it's getting better and better

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast