Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dont let Fury die

Thumbs up

"Originally Posted by Derled
    world pvp / gank was reason pvp was popular in this game in first place and because of combat system. World pvp works perfectly only thing it lacks is players and guards need to be removed, pvp died at 2010 because of funcom"
    "There are no guards on Rage. Works perfectly as everyone can see. So are you sarcastic or do you honestly think that? ."

You must face the thing: Pvp server did not die because Funcom change pvp rules, but because of players bad behaviour.
    It was the initial reason of this change.
    But its very usual, that people prefer to bring the fault on other people, rather to admit to be part of the problem.

And please, stop with this stupid war. Remember that the pvp players are not superior to pve players, but just enjoy differently this game.
    (Read again the same sentence after switching the 2 words, pve and pvp).

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysse-Ithaque View Post
    "Originally Posted by Derled
    world pvp / gank was reason pvp was popular in this game in first place and because of combat system. World pvp works perfectly only thing it lacks is players and guards need to be removed, pvp died at 2010 because of funcom"
    "There are no guards on Rage. Works perfectly as everyone can see. So are you sarcastic or do you honestly think that? ."

You must face the thing: Pvp server did not die because Funcom change pvp rules, but because of players bad behaviour.
    It was the initial reason of this change.
    But its very usual, that people prefer to bring the fault on other people, rather to admit to be part of the problem.

And please, stop with this stupid war. Remember that the pvp players are not superior to pve players, but just enjoy differently this game.
    (Read again the same sentence after switching the 2 words, pve and pvp).
    NO bro the pvp server failed not because pvpers drove pvpers to quit the game. Pvpers left because of the focus on pve by team Craig and 4 plus years of no pvp content, crappy class balance, broken minigames, not being able to team with friends ( no other mmo does that btw) guards hindering world pvp etc etc.

Is it really that difficult to grasp? I know you wish to lay blame on someone and the pvp community may be YOUR reason for having left pvp behind if such is the case but don't hold it over a community to want to play a game thats been neglected so badly. If you truly believe what you just wrote then I have nothing else to add because you can lead a horse to water but can't make a horse drink. It applies here and I think many agree.

P.s. no one thinks pvpers are superior to players who prefer pve. It's the pve community that continues to draw this silly comparison. I never see any pvper saying they are superior to pveers. Quite the contrary, during my time on crom with the various T4 raid leaders, I encountered elitism that blew my mind. Pvp doesn't hold a candle to a ragey raid leader.
    Last edited by Spreadicus; 19th May 2015 at 21:51.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadicus View Post
    Guards do kill pvp . The blood and glory servers failed because if the way they operated. There was no real advantage for veterans to migrate there and start the grind all over. The whole losing gold on death was a turn off for many plus the 1 toon limitation. If they had just removed guards from the pvp servers it would have worked well. Too many mistakes were made by srillion and his team. On fury right now world pvp happens in the daily pvp zone and as soon as the zone changes the guards begin killing players again effectively ending pvp. So yes he is right. Guards killed pvp. The daily zones offer some freedom but sadly it isn't enough and it's a pis poor setup.
    Exactly, but i would add Khitai to the list also. Funcom made a mistake and left Khitai like it was on other servers. It should have been disabled, or atleast disable the epics gained from dungeons + rare tokens

On Rage wanna be pros quickly went to do KK HMs 24/7 while others played 1-79 pvp for few months. After majority of the people hit level 80, the small group of cough H/M cough players out geared other players with their fancy t3 + Khitai epics. Server quickly died because most of the people noticed it is just same as Fury when you hit 80 lvl. Rage was fun and balanced (as balanced AoC can be) when there was no 80 lvl players.
    Last edited by Jin-chan; 20th May 2015 at 11:43.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naberu
    "Is she blood-related? If not, j-j-jam it in! If so, meh...j-j-jam it in anyways!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jin-chan View Post
    Exactly, but i would add Khitai to the list also. Funcom made a mistake and left Khitai like it was on other servers. It should have been disabled, or atleast disable the epics gained from dungeons + rare tokens

On Rage wanna be pros quickly went to do KK HMs 24/7 while others played 1-79 pvp for few months. After majority of the people hit level 80, the small group of cough H/M cough players out geared other players with their fancy t3 + Khitai epics. Server quickly died because most of the people noticed it is just same as Fury when you hit 80 lvl. Rage was fun and balanced (as balanced AoC can be) when there was no 80 lvl players.
    That's a good example why good design requires some knowledge of the game and the community. The best solution (and easiest in longterm for devs, concerning addons, balance and exploits) would have been to add pve only (or godslayer content only or raid only) stats instead of global linear power increase. They had the power and option to do this at khitai introduction...then again when they added the new engine and finally when they merged the databases in preparation for the crafting revamp. Instead we got more power increase and more power gaps and less specialization needs and options.

This whole new anniversary is Edit by Anzu: No. again. No pvp content what so ever - AGAIN... Funcom tactic -> Just pay us, and ou get premium to play T4/t5 or what ever...
    Rage is dead for years, Fury is going down so fast... And whats even more frustrating, minis on crom are even bigger crap. So to all of those that are still on fury, honestly if your waiting for a mini to pop even for an hour its worth it!! Gonna get frustrated on crom, easy... Mainly coz NOONE plays in minis... Just argues between players... ridicules...

Funcom, introduce T4 pvp gear, only for PVP server - Problem solved. PVE server only for PVE.... Or just Edit by Anzu: No. merge every server and again problem solved, but put something new in PVP ffs! Paying sub here!!
    Last edited by Anzu; 21st May 2015 at 04:42.
    The Law of Fury

If they had given us some news regarding the status of Fury and Rage I might have considered paying for the new content or buying a few more months. But as it is now, not a chance.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    If they had given us some news regarding the status of Fury and Rage I might have considered paying for the new content or buying a few more months. But as it is now, not a chance.
    As here and in many other threads: It is obvious that many CUSTOMERS make paying conditional to some actions. Of course funcom can not satisfy everyone or do all at once. But the sad thing is, they are not even trying. Some conditions are ridicolously easy to fullfill...it is not like they need to manufacture or transport good or are dependand on resource prices for the shop products. If they can pull a "new" content stunt like this anniversary, they should have been able to fix invisible mountains in purple lotus, invisible cages, bugged quests for months, bugged renown cap, a working tournament queue for minis, a quick copy paste convert of existing zones to a new minigame deathmatch etc. etc.. And these are just the ones i could do with a halfway decent editor (for some a hex editor or access to older patch status should do) myself.
    If there are these new products in the shop, why are there no accountwide access passes for f2p available to all premium zones for a reasonable price?
    Why not allow transfer from Rage for stripped chars (just basic items and a gold and token limit)?

If a manager does not know the value of retaining customers, maintaining a product and passive advertising all this provides and instead views it only as "costs", they are not very competent imo.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 21st May 2015 at 08:26.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12