Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revamp in early 2015?

Default Revamp in early 2015?

GD from december/january regarding revamp:
    "We’re hoping to have that in place during early 2015. The itemization of our content releases will rely, to some extent, on the crafting system so it is a major priority to get this finished."

Is May to early to shed some light (more than itemization is soon finished) on this topic?

Quote Originally Posted by Projan View Post
    GD from december/january regarding revamp:
    "We’re hoping to have that in place during early 2015. The itemization of our content releases will rely, to some extent, on the crafting system so it is a major priority to get this finished."
    Key word here is "hoping" ...
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

According to the Financial Report. There is absolutely nothing planned for the future.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    Key word here is "hoping" ...
    I know. That's why I asked to only shed some light on the topic.. Not release it

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    According to the Financial Report. There is absolutely nothing planned for the future.
    Their last Financial Report (Q4 2014) doesn't name planned developments at all, for any game.
    It's only named the roll out of LEGO minifigures on IOS platform.

One good news for Age of Conan is that last promotions seems to have lead to many new memberships, so population will probably remain healthy for at least one more year.

Overall anyway their EBITDA is negative, revenues are decreasing A LOT and LEGO doesn't look capable of financing new investments.

It's legit to expect to see what has already been promised and is WIP (new raids, Crafting System etc), but I would say: do not expect it very soon, and don't be 100% sure this content will come.. they are next to be forced to cut all development resources on old games.

My impressions at least.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

As Chaman-bourru already said: They are "hoping" to release the revamp in early 2015... in FC language this means... well, I would atleast say it means "We are hopefully release it in this century... or maybe the next one... we will see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    It's legit to expect to see what has already been promised and is WIP (new raids, Crafting System etc), but I would say: do not expect it very soon, and don't be 100% sure this content will come.. they are next to be forced to cut all development resources on old games.

My impressions at least.
    I sort of doubt they would just up and cut all development resources on their 3 MMOs. The financial report stated something along the lines that almost all of Funcom's Revenue comes from these games. About the only way I see then dropping support on all the MMOs would be if the company folded, or they created a new money maker that was much much much more successful.

They stated that TSW had 5 Major updates last year.

As far as for Conan, all I remember seeing on the report was pvp and WB update, which is furthest from anything major. Also, new unchained raid that was rushed and gear half finished.

While I am enjoying the Achievement System, it really can't be considered content or a major update. While they claim their 3 games are keeping them afloat, its because the money from this game is being put towards major updates in TSW.

From their report, their interest now is only creating new games that take little resources to make for a targeted audience. There will not be anything major for this game. (major being a new expansion) Crafting revamp is going on what, 3-4 years now late?
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Like I said you'd have to be a fool to be continuing your subscription at this point. The point of subscription based games is that a certain amount of content is continuously released and friends, that CLEARLY isn't the case right now.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Like I said you'd have to be a fool to be continuing your subscription at this point. The point of subscription based games is that a certain amount of content is continuously released and friends, that CLEARLY isn't the case right now.
    /agreed ...

I've many financial contributions over the past couple years with subscribing two accounts annually and in-game purchases; seen very little bang for my buck. Shame on me.

I recently took auto payment ability off both accounts starting in two months time. Is it time to move on ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast