Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi all

Default Hi all

newbie here, been playing for just under a week and up to level 19. first time ive actually decided to pay a subscription for a type of game like this.
    can't seem to stop playing it at the moment, im very tired! don't really know what im doing though, I mean i am running round completing quest ok, but developing my
    character or knowing why people run round in groups i havnt got a clue about or understanding what people are talking about in chat. So ive come off the game and hit the forum to see if i can learn a thing or 2.

Hi Rollach. Welcome to this game, and enjoy your stay. I hope you'll have pleasant time here.

There's a lot a tips and tools scattered through the forums, and if you have a specific question, don't hesitate to ask, with as many details as possible. (What class you're playing, what server and so on).
    All in all, have fun and maybe see you I-G!
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by rollach View Post
    newbie here, been playing for just under a week and up to level 19. first time ive actually decided to pay a subscription for a type of game like this.
    can't seem to stop playing it at the moment, im very tired! don't really know what im doing though, I mean i am running round completing quest ok, but developing my
    character or knowing why people run round in groups i havnt got a clue about or understanding what people are talking about in chat. So ive come off the game and hit the forum to see if i can learn a thing or 2.
    Hi Rollach, glad to hear you're enjoying the game.

There's a lot of specific information about game mechanics on these forums. But if you're wondering what to do next, there's 4 different questing zones once you leave Tortage: Conall's Valley in Cimmeria, Wild Lands of Zelata in Aquilonia, Khopshef Province in Stygia, and Gateway to Khitai in, well, Khitai. Each of these is nice to visit. Personally, I'd just go with the zone corresponding to your toon's race, since all of the zones are nice and this kind of makes the most sense.

But try not to miss:
    * Black Castle: the game's first group dungeon, in Khopshef province, at approx level 30-34. There's no group finder tool in AoC, so watch the global and LFG chats for people looking for a group for Black Castle. It used to be difficult to find groups, but low level dungeon activity has picked up somewhat recently (as FC introduced achievements for doing them at the right level).
    * Pyramid of the Ancients: the game's longest solo dungeon, also in Khopshef province, at approx level 37. I try to always do this dungeon, first because I like the feeling of the place a lot, and also because, with some luck, you might get your hands on some pretty decent blue weapons.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    Hi Rollach, glad to hear you're enjoying the game.

There's a lot of specific information about game mechanics on these forums. But if you're wondering what to do next, there's 4 different questing zones once you leave Tortage: Conall's Valley in Cimmeria, Wild Lands of Zelata in Aquilonia, Khopshef Province in Stygia, and Gateway to Khitai in, well, Khitai. Each of these is nice to visit. Personally, I'd just go with the zone corresponding to your toon's race, since all of the zones are nice and this kind of makes the most sense.

But try not to miss:
    * Black Castle: the game's first group dungeon, in Khopshef province, at approx level 30-34. There's no group finder tool in AoC, so watch the global and LFG chats for people looking for a group for Black Castle. It used to be difficult to find groups, but low level dungeon activity has picked up somewhat recently (as FC introduced achievements for doing them at the right level).
    * Pyramid of the Ancients: the game's longest solo dungeon, also in Khopshef province, at approx level 37. I try to always do this dungeon, first because I like the feeling of the place a lot, and also because, with some luck, you might get your hands on some pretty decent blue weapons.
    Appreciate it thanks Rathothis, this is my race and class

RaceEdit Value
    Cimmerian

ClassEdit Value
    Conqueror

GuildEdit Value
    N/A

ServerEdit Value
    Crom PvE

Smile

Aloha Rollach,

great you made it into AoC, hope you'll enjoy it for a very long time.
    You picked a pretty solid class to start out in "our" little world, so imho
    nothing will spoil your fun in that departement any time soon .

Since everything else has been said so far, let me just add one thing:
    If you're looking for a bit more XP and better loot when picking your
    first starting area, i would strongly advise the "Gateway to Khitai" zone.

Nothing's wrong with the other "newbee" areas of course, i just find the
    Gateway the most rewarding, 'specialy for new beginners.

Anyways, have fun
    Hawk
    "I have known many gods.
    He who denies them is as blind as he who trusts them too deeply."
    R. E. Howard - Queen of the black coast

Aerion Brightflame. One night, in his cups, he drank a jar of wildfire,
    after telling his friends it would transform him into a dragon, but the
    gods were kind and it transformed him into a corpse.
    George R.R. Martin - A Clash of Kings

Cool Welcome to Hyboria!

Hello and welcome to Crom...

I agree with the recommendation to head to gateway once you have finished with Tortage. But, there are a lot of little quick, quests that you can do in Conarch Village, Old Tarantia, and Khemi that are worth doing for the XP and to give you and idea how these areas are connected. Plus, don't forget to do some of the achievements in Tortage so that you can start getting some of those perks.

Now, Gateway is a nice area because you can level pretty well in that area and blues seem to drop a little bit more often...

Remember to pick up all your loot, sell the vendor trash, get a bigger bag when possible and HAVE FUN! Ask questions in NPH, most of the time it is pretty civil, but don't get put off with the occasional snarky answer...

See you around the world

K
    Last edited by Karla; 30th April 2015 at 13:25. Reason: Corrected spelling

Welcome Rollach

Another info source is the Wiki (if you haven't already found it): http://aoc.wikia.com/wiki/Age_of_Conan_Wiki

It has a list of Dungeons with player level and other info that can be useful.

Also
    The in-game NPH chat can be useful, you will get some that answer with lame jokes but most will be helpful.

Thanks for the info, now to learn the abbreviations haha

Quote Originally Posted by rollach View Post
    Thanks for the info, now to learn the abbreviations haha
    This will help with that:
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...on#post2034745

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast