Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Monthly Development Update: May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by krippa View Post
    There's no need to damage control, the people currently playing are the diehards who will stick around until the servers shut down
    On our raid, I'd say we've lost about 20 people from our raid force over the last months - due to quitting the game. Were those diehard players that'll never leave, too?

Everybody knows that Funcom won't suddenly publish dozens of new dungeons / quests zone, and that we're more or less on "hold" status. One may be okay with that. The game won't draw in hundreds of thousands of new players, and that is something we have to live with.
    But the things that actually were made worse, from the small but really, really annoying rez bug to options not saving any more, actively drive people away. Also, of course, marketing stunts like selling "cursed" necklaces and unpolished (and really, really boring) content don't really help, either. Those things are the ones that should be avoided at all cost.

If all you can do will make matters worse, than just do nothing. It's hard, but Funcom apparently has other unsuccesful (but more loved) ventures they can keep their people busy with.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Umm, if any devs are reading these forums, I was kinda wondering about the statement from the Feb newsletter that states "Looking forward Update 4.6 will contain the new crafting system. We’re still plugging away at ensuring that everything is in place for us to roll it out but this is our primary systems and code focus until it is completed. Once the crafting system is in place, we have a good solution for loot and expanding upon the dungeon and raid system." Unless I missed something, update 4.6 did NOT include the crafting update. Would be nice if maybe someone could say what was happening .

Please provide official information about crafting revamp by letter of June.
    The entire community is waiting for!

I believe craft revamp is the only way to give the game another life...
    Last edited by Ernests; 4th June 2015 at 05:56.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post

I think Funcom and the passage of time build such a hype around crafting revamp that it won't live up to the expectations.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    I think Funcom and the passage of time build such a hype around crafting revamp that it won't live up to the expectations.
    To be honest, I don't think they will release the crafting update anymore, I am more of the opinion that they already scrapped it... 2 - 3 years is even for FC's limited ressources just too long.

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    To be honest, I don't think they will release the crafting update anymore, I am more of the opinion that they already scrapped it... 2 - 3 years is even for FC's limited ressources just too long.
    And if we speculate more...
    They don't want to inform us that's it's already been scrapped because Funcom know that many will then uninstall AoC and move on.

Is it not time for a new letter?
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Is it not time for a new letter?
    You're right. However, I'm pretty sure putting the montly dev letter right in the middle of the month was some kind of shady tactic to make the communication so confuse and chaotic no player would ever know for sure when it's time to whine and ask for a new letter, since nobody really knows when it's supposed to happens

That said, seriously, yeah, previous one was now a bit more than one month ago, so it's time.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    You're right. However, I'm pretty sure putting the montly dev letter right in the middle of the month was some kind of shady tactic to make the communication so confuse and chaotic no player would ever know for sure when it's time to whine and ask for a new letter, since nobody really knows when it's supposed to happens

That said, seriously, yeah, previous one was now a bit more than one month ago, so it's time.
    I'm under the impression Joel also stated (in a previous monthly letter?) that monthly letter were likely to become fewer and far between. To the point the'll be released when required. And is it Sezmra who would be doing them anyway?

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314