Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: April GD Letter !!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    Also: He did already say that in his last letter, didn't he? He said what was going on, and that it would be his last?
    Well... not really ? We had very few details in the last GD letter, and that's an euphemism. Joel said "I have been moved into a different role in Funcom" "Senior Community Manager Sezmra will now be writing the community updates every month", "Expect to hear more diverse voices than simply mine every month".

That basically doesn't mean much. What's with the GD position ? Does another GD comes to replace Nusquam, like when he replaced Craig Morrison ? Or are we left without any Game Director ? If so, what does that mean for the content ? Sure, we have a rough idea of future content (Craft revamp, Solo Arena, Cetriss), but then, what ? Who will decide the eventual future content ?

That's important questions, folks. We are a community, we are players, we are customers. I think we deserve to know that kind of "details". We all like Sezmra and all, but I really feel Joel Bylos could take a few hours of his time to say clearly to our face who is the new Game Director or if we are left without one. It's some kind of basic stuff right here. Semzra might answer that, but I feel it would be really rude from Nusquam to live without telling any of these information himself.
    Last edited by Jaedelyia; 7th April 2015 at 13:26.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    Well... not really ? We had very few details in the last GD letter, and that's an euphemism. Joel said "I have been moved into a different role in Funcom" "Senior Community Manager Sezmra will now be writing the community updates every month", "Expect to hear more diverse voices than simply mine every month".

That basically doesn't mean much. What's with the GD position ? Does another GD comes to replace Nusquam, like when he replaced Craig Morrison ? Or are we left without any Game Director ? If so, what does that mean for the content ? Sure, we have a rough idea of future content (Craft revamp, Solo Arena, Cetriss), but then, what ? Who will decide the eventual future content ?

That's important questions, folks. We are a community, we are players, we are customers. I think we deserve to know that kind of "details". We all like Sezmra and all, but I really feel Joel Bylos could take a few hours of his time to say clearly to our face who is the new Game Director or if we are left without one. It's some kind of basic stuff right here. Semzra might answer that, but I feel it would be really rude from Nusquam to live without telling any of these information himself.
    I suspect that there isn't a new GD - at least not yet. If Joel had known who would be GD after him I am sure he would have told us.
    I also suspect that Joel had planned out enough future content that (with the current rate of development) their internal roadmap covers the next couple of years. After that? Well, by that time the game is probably well into maintainance mode which means little new content and thus no need for a GD.

So much hope was... Where is something valuable to strive for veterans of the game?
    A bad beginning with 4.5.5. I hope that this will change in the near future..
    Last edited by Ernests; 7th April 2015 at 16:48.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Quote Originally Posted by ErikT View Post
    ... I also suspect that Joel had planned out enough future content that (with the current rate of development) their internal roadmap covers the next couple of years. After that? Well, by that time the game is probably well into maintainance mode which means little new content and thus no need for a GD.
    No way of really telling what was really "planned out" outside of the monthly tid-bits.

As for the inevitable maintenance mode : I'd be more interested in knowing what WOULD, in-fact, spark a more aggressive development of content for AoC. Though our community doesn't challenge the juggernaut MMO ... it sure holds it place in MMO greatness. Many return and new players frequent AoC daily. I believe the funding from sites like KickStarter aren't viable options due to legal reasons ... but I wonder what would be helpful. I know more subs ultimately would work to some degree ... But take that out Of the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinauer View Post
    No way of really telling what was really "planned out" outside of the monthly tid-bits.

As for the inevitable maintenance mode : I'd be more interested in knowing what WOULD, in-fact, spark a more aggressive development of content for AoC. Though our community doesn't challenge the juggernaut MMO ... it sure holds it place in MMO greatness. Many return and new players frequent AoC daily. I believe the funding from sites like KickStarter aren't viable options due to legal reasons ... but I wonder what would be helpful. I know more subs ultimately would work to some degree ... But take that out Of the equation.

Currently game population seems to be shrinking, which means income from the game is also shrinking, and thus development is cut down to keep costs down so they don't start losing money on it.

To attract a signficant number of new or returning players/subscribers at this point would require some significant updates (significant enough that you could talk about AoC version 2.0. "Newer and shinier".) and plenty of marketing to make sure people know about it. That requires investing a lot of money and other resources - things I don't think Funcom has available in sufficient amounts currently.

So what would be needed is basically some outside person or company coming along with a large bag of money and saying "Here. Use this to update AoC." While not impossible, it does seem highly unlikely to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikT View Post
    ...To attract a signficant number...
    EU servers would be a perfect start. At least for the huge part of people doing pvp

http://www.ageofconan.com/news/panor...f_achievements

"The new Panoramas and revamped Treasure Chests also offer a host of fresh Achievements, so get out there and collect them for great rewards!"

What is the "great rewards"? The titles that almost no one needed?
    In fact, more than 2500 points makes no sense to collect...
    Last edited by Ernests; 9th April 2015 at 08:07.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

http://www.ageofconan.com/news/panor...f_achievements

Is it the new "community update" or it's coming in a few days?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyzerius View Post
    As our customers, you are all free to express yourselves to your heart's content, provided it is within the rules of the forum. Sometimes that means that we see angry posts from frustrated customers, but part of our job is to objectively consider everything we see, whether positive or negative, and take what we can from it to try to improve the user experience.

You certainly do not need to concern yourselves about "making our jobs harder", angry forum posts come with the territory in a job like this and neither Cirith nor myself take what we see here personal
    / slowclap

Yeah, we need April letter, we need news...
    When you love someone, you need news from him/her... same thing with this game .
    What about arena ? what about craft system, ....

and WHY WHY have you put new horrible music in this game (this looks like a station hall music) ? Can you remove them and reinstall the old music we loved ?
    FURY

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast