Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Funcom working on leveraging Directx 12?

Quote Originally Posted by ATN575 View Post
    What game engines (will) use DX12?

What are the latest game engines today?
    Almost nothing probably, considering all games now are just console ports.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

None yet. Which makes asking FC to implement it in AoC even more ridiculous
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by ATN575 View Post
    What game engines (will) use DX12?

What are the latest game engines today?
    The Unreal Engine 4 will have full DX12 support (already have partial support). Considering the huge popularity of the thrid version of the engine and considering it's now more or less free of charge to use, I can predict DX12 will be quite widespread; especially because it's also of course Microsoft behind it and they announced the Xbox One will support DX12 hardware-side. So I guess there will be a handful of games using it, ranging from Unreal Tournament 4 to Microsoft published games (the new Fable, or whatever). Of course I'm speaking in a relative future, right now and in very near future, there's almost nothing.

You also have Unity 5 that support this standards, and Unity is getting pretty popular, again mainly because it's free so many independent and/or small budget studio are prone to use it. The Forest, Wasteland 2, Cities in Motions, Pillars of Eternity, Torment: Tides of Numenera, Blitzkrieg 3, the new Shadowrun, etc.

But also some big company use it (for less graphically demanding games I guess, even if Unity can be graphically decents, cfr. The Forest), such as Blizzard with Heartstone.
    Last edited by Jaedelyia; 8th May 2015 at 07:42.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123