Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: end of fury end-game raiding

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    +1 for Elton Jon

I agree with the last three posts completely, I usually don't like the nay-saying but something changed on Fury in the past 5 or so weeks. Whether it be because summer is around the corner or another reason there seemed to be a mass exodus. This is truly the end, at least for those 2 servers (Fury/Rage). I CANNOT stress enough the importance of a total server merge that has select-able PVP/PVE zones. Such a change would improve Crom as well since now they have a venue for the daily PVP quests which are awesome.
    I have a felling it is a vocal minority that really wants any kind of merge or change to the CROM ruleset. History has shown us that any merge you loose some of your player base. Right after a merge, the server population is larger than the largest population of any of the pre merged servers, but drops to about that of the largest pre merge server in a short period of time. Rage and Fury are good examples of this.

Community on Crom is already fragmented from merges and those that re-rolled or transferred in from PvP servers. Adding in more will deteriorate what is left of a community on Crom even faster.

While I feel bad for all of you "stuck on dead Servers", I don't think a merge is in the best interest of the majority of the remaining playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddam View Post
    I have a felling it is a vocal minority that really wants any kind of merge or change to the CROM ruleset. History has shown us that any merge you loose some of your player base. Right after a merge, the server population is larger than the largest population of any of the pre merged servers, but drops to about that of the largest pre merge server in a short period of time. Rage and Fury are good examples of this.

Community on Crom is already fragmented from merges and those that re-rolled or transferred in from PvP servers. Adding in more will deteriorate what is left of a community on Crom even faster.

While I feel bad for all of you "stuck on dead Servers", I don't think a merge is in the best interest of the majority of the remaining playerbase.
    So we should just dig our own graves then? Just because we weren't willing to give up the best part of PVP (Open-world) for better population and more hacks? Giving up is hardly a solution.
    Last edited by Usedtissue; 6th April 2015 at 16:58.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

I'm not one of those guys stuck on dead server.. I have just one toon on Fury (an alt), all my chars on Crom.
    But I totally disagree with you.
    You loose part of the playerbase if you don't merge servers, not the opposite.

Imagine to be still in love with the game, but to be left in a dead land with few other players who log at different times.
    Imagine not to be able to join groups, minigames, and obviously raids.
    You will be forced to stop playing the game.
    And so will be many good players in this situation on a "dead" server.
    Dead doesn't mean empty, it means with too low population to grant enough of some basic activities to the players left.

In a sistuation like this a "dead" server becomes empty in few months.

How should more players hurt Crom??
    Personally, from a PvP perspective, I will be very happy to fight more good players.
    In PvP, players are the true challenge; this is why we keep playing the same 5 minigames maps for years, even with all the troubles that random minigames group system has.
    Because we fight with different players, so challenge is always different.

I understand that you don't feel this from a PvE point of view (until you don't have enough players to form groups or raids at least), but merges for me have been one of the best things happened in game.
    You meet new skilled players in minigames, with different skills, gameplay etc.
    It's exactly new content from a PvP perspective.

So please support this point of view: if Fury keeps loosing players as I have seen during last months, a merge will be needed soon .

Selectable playfield (PvP enabled or not) looks great to me, it can't hurt anyone and should be pretty easy to implement.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 6th April 2015 at 19:23.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    If a merge means loss of open world pvp, events and daily pvp quests, it will be a failure in any case.
    Ideally they would cromify or furyfy zones on choice, but it might be hard for them, since they have not even finished achievements properly (almost though) and seem to have no real programmer or even modder left.
    Its very easy to place daily events in border kingdoms or every other location every day like on Fury. I dont think FC have no code to turn a single location to pvp-mode for a while. And it will be pretty awesome because all pvpers from both servers will be concentrated in same place and heads will roll i think. And corpses will be jumped and fanned

Quote Originally Posted by Jerohn View Post
    Its very easy to place daily events in border kingdoms or every other location every day like on Fury. I dont think FC have no code to turn a single location to pvp-mode for a while. And it will be pretty awesome because all pvpers from both servers will be concentrated in same place and heads will roll i think. And corpses will be jumped and fanned
    Last time they did that, it messed up Purple Lotus Swamp. And PLS is still messed up. When the merged Crom and Set, it broke Renown and guild rankings. Still broke. Merging communities with different play styles has not worked out well in the past. I can see no reason why it all of a sudden would work.

You are entitled to your opinions, and I do respect them. I just happen to disagree and feel my opinion is just as worthy of being voiced. It is nothing personal against anyone. Just my opinion.

Last time they did that, it messed up Purple Lotus Swamp. And PLS is still messed up. When the merged Crom and Set, it broke Renown and guild rankings. Still broke. Merging communities with different play styles has not worked out well in the past. I can see no reason why it all of a sudden would work.

You are entitled to your opinions, and I do respect them. I just happen to disagree and feel my opinion is just as worthy of being voiced. It is nothing personal against anyone. Just my opinion.
    So a renown system no one pays attention to and a single resource zone, there are still 2 others for you to farm. Merge the servers for the 30 people who have their mains and alts on Fury, all of us have paid for transfers at least 5x over the years anyways. I would like to check out the new content that came out, but I'm not paying for another transfer.

Also, play styles do not matter anymore. You can only attack people in PvP enabled zones, if you don't want to PvP, don't go there. Unless your actually saying that you rather PvP zones be clear for you to do what you want with who you want and when because you already know the current time players are active. Your not saying that are you?
    Last edited by Suctum; 7th April 2015 at 04:00.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    So a renown system no one pays attention to and a single resource zone, there are still 2 others for you to farm. Merge the servers for the 30 people who have their mains and alts on Fury, all of us have paid for transfers at least 5x over the years anyways. I would like to check out the new content that came out, but I'm not paying for another transfer.

Also, play styles do not matter anymore. You can only attack people in PvP enabled zones, if you don't want to PvP, don't go there. Unless your actually saying that you rather PvP zones be clear for you to do what you want with who you want and when because you already know the current time players are active. Your not saying that are you?
    People under Renown level do care. The guild rankings not so much. The Purple Lotus swamp is just an example of how making a change to one thing can adversely effect something that seems totally unrelated. Play style does matter. Read chat for about an hour and see how often play styles clash (on Crom). It is about community on what is left of that. I don't want what little is left to be destroyed. I also don't want more bugs introduced to try and merge dissimilar rulesets into a single server.

History has shown us, it just does not work. What makes you think that now a merge would NOT have similar negative side effects?

People under Renown level do care. The guild rankings not so much. The Purple Lotus swamp is just an example of how making a change to one thing can adversely effect something that seems totally unrelated. Play style does matter. Read chat for about an hour and see how often play styles clash (on Crom). It is about community on what is left of that. I don't want what little is left to be destroyed. I also don't want more bugs introduced to try and merge dissimilar rulesets into a single server.

History has shown us, it just does not work. What makes you think that now a merge would NOT have similar negative side effects?
    Funcom introduces new bugs at almost every patch (I don't like to post negative comments about the company, but sadly it's a fact).
    You can't blame servers merge for their unability to develop any kind of new content or change without introducing bugs and, more important, to fix them quickly.

To me all merges happened so far have had many more positive consequences than negative ones.
    As a massive multiplayer game there is nothing more positive to me than beeing able to play with new, different players.

Of course you are entitled to express your opinion, but basically you are saying: Funcom don't make any change to the game (no new content, nothing) because at every change very often you introduce bugs.
    I don't think many agree with this.

Or better, with a very egoistic point of view, you are saying: don't make changes I'm not interested in, because you risk to introduce bugs, even if that causes lot of other players to stop playing.
    Well it's a very egoistic point of view, which I definitely do not like.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 7th April 2015 at 07:13.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    Funcom introduces new bugs at almost every patch (I don't like to post negative comments about the company, but sadly it's a fact).
    You can't blame servers merge for their unability to develop any kind of new content or change without introducing bugs and, more important, to fix them quickly.

To me all merges happened so far have had many more positive consequences than negative ones.
    As a massive multiplayer game there is nothing more positive to me than beeing able to play with new, different players.

Of course you are entitled to express your opinion, but basically you are saying: Funcom don't make any change to the game (no new content, nothing) because at every change very often you introduce bugs.
    I don't think many agree with this.

Or better, with a very egoistic point of view, you are saying: don't make changes I'm not interested in, because you risk to introduce bugs, even if that causes lot of other players to stop playing.
    Well it's a very egoistic point of view, which I definitely do not like.
    To me it sounded more like he did not want the last few people on Fury to be forced upon him because he has a good time slot for running PvP events with friends with little to no actual opposition. He can also ignore the few people who blow up global. That was the main reason I left Crom 1.5 years ago, it was all too easy to get 3-4 people and run 6-12 man groups out of CE who would not fight past 2-3 deaths. The few toons I have left on Crom though, the PvP events I was in 5 months ago were sadly just 2-sided raids that lack the appeal of multi-factioned groups that make pvp in AoC really fun, which Fury had before RL intervened and I was forced to quit for a while.
    Last edited by Suctum; 7th April 2015 at 07:55.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    So we should just dig our own graves then? Just because we weren't willing to give up the best part of PVP (Open-world) for better population and more hacks? Giving up is hardly a solution.
    It sounds like the two pvp servers ALREADY dug their own graves. And honestly, I dont feel all that sorry for Rage. People chose to play there knowing its ruleset and knowing it was a non transfer-off server.

The thing with PvP games is theres always going to be gankers, and not everyone wants to play a game where they cant enjoy basic questing without being harassed and ganked for two hours straight and then be told to stfu and gtfo when they complain about it.

The idea of open world pvp is great, the idea of making pvp and pve instances on a single tech server is great, but its Funcom and they tend to "funcom" everything they touch. Half the game population thats left would die off because they'd screw something up.

Just as much as PvPers are unwilling to sacrifice open world pvp, PvErs want to quest and PvE in peace.

That all being said, if funcom can merge the remaining servers and get it right without any game breaking/annoying bugs which screw up new guilds from being able to advance in renown or dont create invisible walls all over the place, I'd be for it, and, if they did it correctly, with pvp and pve instances, I'm sure some more people (including myself) would be more interested in trying "open world pvp" while questing knowing the pve instance was there if they didnt like it.
    Last edited by Artemisia; 7th April 2015 at 07:58.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast