Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Please Funcom, listen to us! - An open letter

Quote Originally Posted by netsike View Post
    Sometimes I wish I could force them (FC) to play AoC as a normal player and see the problems we face every day.
    Agree with 100%. I think the developers should have some sort of Quality Control session where they are required to play a character through whatever they have been working on after it goes live.

Realistically they should for now fix all the bugs, espeically those which occur early on.
    Contact major youtubers (Pewdiepie, Markiplier, Nerdcubed, etc.) and offer them a 1 month sub, level 80 cash shop thing, and t1 raid set cache from the cash shop.
    And hope to hell they made a video with good feedback.

But I'm just one person, I don't run a game company.

you can move the servers to Australia, then EU + US would have equal ping ;-)
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

As per the Social Guildelines and Forum Rules:

Quote Originally Posted by Tarib
    Don't

This is a list of things you should not do on our bulletin board. If you do any of this, you might find your access to the bulletin board closed, possibly permanently.
    use profanity Please respect other users and do not use foul language and profanity in your posts. This includes trying to 'mask' such language by substituting letters or symbols.
    Let this be a warning for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarib
    Moderation is not ever a topic for open forum. If you have any questions or feedback on moderation it should be addressed to the community manager or the specific moderator via private message.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    I'll tell you why I and most of the people in my guild ignore PVP and it's nothing to do with anything mentioned in the OP's post. It's everything to do with the type of people who play PVP and flame in global. It's a complete turn off for a lot of people in my guild alone, that plus the fact you're going to enter an aspect of the game as a complete newb up against people with a much higher rank with much better gear and more experienced in that game so your precious game time is going to be nothing but a death fest. Those things just don't make PVP appealing to a great many people despite AOC's superior combat system. If you want to entice more people into PVP you might need to get imaginative.
    I completely agree with this statement. I started playing AOC about 6 months after it came out. I tried PVE and PVP. I enjoyed the comradery that PVE created with the players, working together for a common goal. The 6 man and 24 man dungeons were a blast to learn and play. Then I tried PVP and spend most of my time dying at the res pad so other PVP'rs could gain their precious levels. Res pad camping, now that takes skill... Needless to say, I never, ever got a chance to find anything in solo PVP enjoyable. I have 12 toons and only one is PVP-1 (yes not 10, one) and that is only because I really did enjoy Sieges. Those were fun when they didn't become a lag fest. So honestly, I have no sympathy for PVP'rs. They tend to be buttheads who are selfish and people I wouldn't hang out with in real life. Yes, I believe the PVP buttheads are most likely buttheads in real life.
    I also believe those same PVP'rs are the root cause of the downfall of AOC. Constantly whining about this class is OP, then it gets nerfed and then that class is OP, so it gets nerfed, and on and on. The devs spent so much time tweaking classes, they didn't get a chance to create new content or fix the rest of the bugs.

One more thing, I will say this time and time again, all you whiners on RAGE who want to move their characters to another server. GET OVER IT!!! You signed on KNOWING there were NO transfers.

So Funcom, I have an idea, just shutdown the rage server for good. Don't transfer anyone. Let them start over if they want to have a toon on another server.

Default This is the best MMO...

This is the best MMO I have played. I love this game and even after leaving in 2008, I came back in 2009, left in 2013 and came back in 2014.

I keep coming back. It has (had) a great combat system (I don't know what happened with the ranger's combos but never liked the ranger that much anyway). I loved the game at launch and it is a whole lot of fun to play.

Some of the bugs in this game have been around since launch and the fixes to some of the launch bugs have altered the game-play significantly, but you know what, it is still fun to play.

New content is nice but some of the bugs really should be worked out (And I don't know if they would be able to fix them because they are "engine" issues and not "game" issues; e.g. Invisible mounts), like the rez bug and some other "simpler" fixes.

Love the game, wish the population was still strong and I will probably continue to play this game until we cannot fill a 24-man raid...

Quote Originally Posted by Tankzo View Post
    This is the best MMO I have played. I love this game and even after leaving in 2008, I came back in 2009, left in 2013 and came back in 2014.

I keep coming back. It has (had) a great combat system (I don't know what happened with the ranger's combos but never liked the ranger that much anyway). I loved the game at launch and it is a whole lot of fun to play.

Some of the bugs in this game have been around since launch and the fixes to some of the launch bugs have altered the game-play significantly, but you know what, it is still fun to play.

New content is nice but some of the bugs really should be worked out (And I don't know if they would be able to fix them because they are "engine" issues and not "game" issues; e.g. Invisible mounts), like the rez bug and some other "simpler" fixes.

Love the game, wish the population was still strong and I will probably continue to play this game until we cannot fill a 24-man raid...
    What i find a bit sad too is, that they do not seem to be able to communicate the fixes and good stuff they do as well. Some bugs for example get ninjafixed and not included in patch notes, while some stuff that is still broken gets shelfed as "fixed" (guild renown!). It might be not avoidable to have the community work as playtesters, but then at least have a honest documentation and communication about such things- For a bit of initial extra work you can achieve a lot here and it will help with overall structure and professionalism. Also handling of workarounds: Games in development and other big games have some kind of database and faq, where such things as the chest in fields of the dead would be listed with the solution "currently bugged, but GMs can solve it quickly with petition" (and recently they really solve it quickly! record was 2 mins).

While I wholeheartedly +1 this thread Im only now (yes yes I know) starting to think they are leaving this game to die.

The frequency or lack of, of any posts by Sezmra & Tomium on these forums or social media in comparison to what they do for TSW is shocking.
    Maybe they personally dont like AoC or have had a rough time on these forums but the total lack of well... anything is just inexcusable.

A quick glance at AoC on the Steam client shows how much they either dont care or are unable/unwilling to do anything.
    Despite the server merges however many moons ago, it is still listed as two entirely separate games on there with both a US & EU version, both with independent figures of online players via each version & thus both showing a very unhealthy population.
    Add to that the US version doesnt even have icons anymore in the Steam library & god knows how long its been left like that.

They clearly are able to access it in some manner as Sezmra updates the news on the main page but apart from that nada..nothing.
    God knows how many people have screamed to put a sticky in the hub there with some "official" links but again to no avail.

I just dont know, when they have what is essentially a free advertising tool like Steam mixed in with social media & we barely see 1 post a month something has gotta be up

stop posting and play. u will not change anything. the past proves that. enjoy the game how it is or leave it. they ignored all great suggestions from players and it will go on like that till noone is left. and yea im sad about that too. cause it could be a great game!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast