Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: US Server

Yes, this was the exact same reason why I quit. And there were a couple threads about it right before I quit and I myself opened one which received multiple pages of complains and agrees aswell.

I will not re-sub to this game until they have fixed the server issue and implemented another major addon, like Khitai.

The latest crowd-funding project about PETS and Achievements is so incredibly unnecessary, that I see no future for me to ever sub to this game any further.

Why bother? If the devs do not liste, their fault^^ So many cool things to do in life elsewhere.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by ectomorph View Post
    Hi.

I'm a long time sub of AoC.
    Sure I love the game and all, but there's one thing I don't get.
    Funcom moved the servers to the USA, but still 80-90% plays in the EU ? So our poor EU money isn't worth anything ?
    Here's a pick of a usual night around US "prime time" . Wait times going into the hours for EU players, just for a single minigame.
    http://i.imgur.com/Ro3UCHV.jpg

So.. Someone please remind me.. why do we accept 100+ ping to accomendate for the 5% population ? Why not give the people that actually play the game a godd experience ? Sounds like a good business plan to me.
    I'm pretty sure EU amsterdam centers are as cheap as US NYC datacenters.

/s
    Maybe they also do not want to be working under european law and rather under american law?

Quote Originally Posted by ectomorph View Post
    So.. Someone please remind me.. why do we accept 100+ ping to accomendate for the 5% population ?/s
    Because there's no choice.
    If there was any choice at all, any game like AoC out there, i would have left that disaster when Funcom made that retarded move. That company has a history of being one of the worst toward its customers, borderline malicious.
    It is just so unfortunate that those guys happen to have awesome artists and the conan license. This is just bad luck for us Howard/Lovecraft fans.

I also feel like Funcom was actually trying to invigorate the US population by bringing more activity with EU players, regardless of the timezones.
    What Funcom does on this matter is vampirize the EU players cash and activity wise to try to get more US players with the servers on the US, thinking that leaving Europe as a company had to mean switching its gaming population.
    Those people are so dumb, it's just too bad that we have to cope with that crap since they still own AoC.

Anyway, when AoC closes, i'll be sad because i love the game, but so happy because never again will i have to cope with Funcom.

And we'll never see EU servers again, that much was rather clear.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Maybe they also do not want to be working under european law and rather under american law?
    Working? Working on what? Restarting servers from time to time..?
    "Vɪᴄᴛᴏʀʏ ɪs ʀᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴀʀᴇ ᴡɪʟʟɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴘᴀʏ ɪᴛ's ᴘʀɪᴄᴇ." - Sᴜɴ Tᴢᴜ

Rᴀɴɢᴇʀ ʙʏ ʙɪʀᴛʜ: Mᴇᴍsʜᴜʀ ʜᴀs ᴘʟᴀʏᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ 325 ᴅᴀʏs 14 ʜᴏᴜʀs 38 ᴍɪɴᴜᴛᴇs 30 sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅs.

Yes, all that you said is true. I'm going to write a complain letter to the Game Director RIGHT NOW!! ...Oh, wait Age of Conan don't have one anymore. ^^

I'
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    I also feel like Funcom was actually trying to invigorate the US population by bringing more activity with EU players, regardless of the timezones.
    But that could have been achieved by migrating the US population to the EU servers as well. So why didn't they do that?

As many remember, the European servers in Stockholm were rented from Telia. At the same time, FC built up a server farm in the US for TSW. Since TSW failed, they had plenty of capacity in the US, and saw an opportunity to save the rent they previously paid to Telia.

But the problems actually started before, when they got rid of their old servers in Europe (I believe those were in Oslo, but not sure) and moved the EU population to the rented Telia servers, with their frequent lagspikes and server crashes.

It's been such a long time since FC invested into AoC, it's a testament to the game's core strengths (combo system, art design, lore) that there are still people who pay a sub to play it.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

I think our EU numbers are much closer to 98% of the player- base. Please return our EU server and let the rude Americans suffer thru 100+ ping and be subjected to their own fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinauer View Post
    I think our EU numbers are much closer to 98% of the player- base. Please return our EU server and let the rude Americans suffer thru 100+ ping and be subjected to their own fate.

...classic self centered euro-snob blanket comment.
    Last edited by CimmerianGirl; 30th March 2015 at 13:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    As many remember, the European servers in Stockholm were rented from Telia. At the same time, FC built up a server farm in the US for TSW. Since TSW failed, they had plenty of capacity in the US, and saw an opportunity to save the rent they previously paid to Telia.
    i agree that probably it's the reson why fc moved the servers to the states...

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    But the problems actually started before, when they got rid of their old servers in Europe (I believe those were in Oslo, but not sure) and moved the EU population to the rented Telia servers, with their frequent lagspikes and server crashes.
    i'm almost sure they were in the netherlands....
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by CimmerianGirl View Post
    ...classic self centered euro-snob blanket comment.
    Criticizes a blanket comment to come up with a new one, priceless.
    Besides, when just crunching the numbers of how populated servers were prior to moving them, he and the others might actually have a point. I think it's safe to say that the move cost them quite a bunch of subs from eastern european and russian players, I wonder if that effort FC took in order to save money was worth it in the end. I doubt it.

Although the major sub-killer may just have been plain boredom, some areas got no love at all until it was simply too late, and update-cycles were always damn long since day 1, prolonged by the need to Hotfix each patch 2-3 times. How long have they been tweaking that crafting revamp now? Does 2,5 years even cut it? If they hadn't already put so much effort into that thing they would've cancelled it a long time ago. Ate a lot of resources and is not gonna keep the majority of players busy nearly long enough to make up for that effort.
    Last edited by Maelkjar; 30th March 2015 at 14:34.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast