Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Offline Levels

Default Offline Levels

Last week, the 19th to be exact, I subbed up. It's been over four days, but no offline levels. When I was premium from buying RotGS, offlines accrued fine. But, not now.

Is there a problem with offlines, or have they increased the interval to gain them?

Do you have a character that is level 70 or above on that account?

The two conditions to give offline level to a character are :

1) The character you want to give offline level to have to be at least level 30
    2) You need to have at least one character level 70 on your account (Which is to avoid people leveling their first toon from 30 to 80 without knowing a damn thing about the game I guess, which make sense).

Weird thing is that you apparently had no problem before, so unless you deleted a level 70 character in between, I don't know what's up.
    Last edited by Jaedelyia; 24th March 2015 at 23:53.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    The two conditions to give offline level to a character are :

1) The character you want to give offline level to have to be at least level 30
    2) You need to have at least one character level 70 on your account (Which is to avoid people leveling their first toon from 30 to 80 without knowing a damn thing about the game I guess, which make sense).

Weird thing is that you apparently had no problem before, so unless you deleted a level 70 character in between, I don't know what's up.
    The need to have a level 70+ character is a fairly recent addition. (Recent, as in was added only last year or so.)

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by ErikT View Post
    The need to have a level 70+ character is a fairly recent addition. (Recent, as in was added only last year or so.)
    Aye it is one that sucks i might add, at least for new suber's! Thought i myself have never been afflicted by
    this mind ya' since i've subbed half a year before that restriction came to bear, i still feel really sorry for new(er)
    premium players, who've got and still get this sh*t coming their way. Don't know how other players take this,
    but it seems pretty unfair in my book to say the least.

Oh, and please don't give that whole "to avoid new players leveling their first toon from 30 to 80 without knowing a damn thing"
    sh*t at all. There's a whole ton of newbies out there (no offence, we've all been that once) who simply get powerlevled by their
    guilds/friends in no time - without learning a damn thing of the game and/or their class skills/mechanics neither!

Sorry for the rant, just had to let this one out.

BR
    Hawk
    "I have known many gods.
    He who denies them is as blind as he who trusts them too deeply."
    R. E. Howard - Queen of the black coast

Aerion Brightflame. One night, in his cups, he drank a jar of wildfire,
    after telling his friends it would transform him into a dragon, but the
    gods were kind and it transformed him into a corpse.
    George R.R. Martin - A Clash of Kings

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye-67 View Post
    Aye it is one that sucks i might add, at least for new suber's! Thought i myself have never been afflicted by
    this mind ya' since i've subbed half a year before that restriction came to bear, i still feel really sorry for new(er)
    premium players, who've got and still get this sh*t coming their way. Don't know how other players take this,
    but it seems pretty unfair in my book to say the least.

Oh, and please don't give that whole "to avoid new players leveling their first toon from 30 to 80 without knowing a damn thing"
    sh*t at all. There's a whole ton of newbies out there (no offence, we've all been that once) who simply get powerlevled by their
    guilds/friends in no time - without learning a damn thing of the game and/or their class skills/mechanics neither!

Sorry for the rant, just had to let this one out.

BR
    Hawk
    Using offline lvls in your first char before lvl 70 It's imo a very bad idea. I can understand people that don't repeat the lvling process 10 times but.. not leveling at least one character hasn't any sense. If you get angry because you have to "lose time" leveling your first char playing new content I don't want even imagine how much you will hate the endless grind of kithai.
    Last edited by xiulo88; 25th March 2015 at 13:06.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye-67 View Post
    Just because there's other ways to do something bad does not mean you don't have to restrict the way you have control over. One less mean to do that is still a good thing imo. You might think it sucks a bit but it's only for one character, and beside that going to level 70 is actually pretty quick. And, in my opinion, pretty enjoyable because you discover tons of zones for the first time, which is awesome.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Well i still know players doing crap villas or worst, suggesting to do villas, to fill xp gaps between two areas. Or still some areas lacks of fun quests or a filled by Fedex 2008 ones. I'd rather take few offlines levels to skip to the next areas than getting bored @leveling.
    That recent restriction sucks really, i don't even know the reason behind that late update.

Well, never had anyone over 70. Only recently got a ToS to 60. If this is a new rule, that would explain it.

I had thought the minimum was 20. Unless that's new, too.

Basically, since the Destiny Quests level the contents to the players level, I have, in the past, waited until I was about to level up before entering the instance. Then, kill a few guys inside, get the level and have a slight edge. But, at the moment I'm rather impatient to get the last piece of the Phoenix Medallion, so I have my character in the last cave, but I want to bump'er up pretty good, so I can clean out the joint and move along. That was the main reason for my getting a subscription last week or so.

Anyway, if they've changed the rules, that would explain the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Well i still know players doing crap villas or worst, suggesting to do villas, to fill xp gaps between two areas. Or still some areas lacks of fun quests or a filled by Fedex 2008 ones. I'd rather take few offlines levels to skip to the next areas than getting bored @leveling.
    That recent restriction sucks really, i don't even know the reason behind that late update.
    They should definitely remove those restrinctions.
    I have 150+ unspent offline levels.
    I would like having more 80s, but I don't want to spend my time to get through Tortage and to level 30 again.
    And probably many are in a similar situation..
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast