Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Offline Levels

I actually think that the great strenght of Tortage is voice acting, not much more. Sure, some quest chains are very well written and make nice little stories (Tarisha, Otho, Xantia's Wrath...), but that's the case for many other area. Turan, for instance, have some very well written quest. But I guess Tortage leaves better memories because of voice acting and immersion that result of it. That make them overlook their annoying flaws. Seriously the number of going back and forth between point A (usually tortage) to point B (usually Acherionian Ruins) are ridiculous, but the cool story and voiced dialog make you don't really mind.

Only real gripe I have with the leveling part of Age of Conan is that until post-80, a bit too much boss encounters in low level dungeon are brainless tank&spank. Sure there's awesome boss such as Shaddrizzar or Toirdealbach's bosses, but a bit too often it's Atzel-tier tank & spank.

After 80 and khitai, nearly every single bosses have a cool little gimmick or mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    btw you can't gain insta 80 as a first char. You need to be level 30 to use offline levels, and new accounts need to be ran in premium state for a while before you get 50 free offline to use.
    Yeah, I know that. I took the example of going 1-80 because you said you didn't like the idea of putting a limit on the system, and that player should be free to use their point as they wish. Which might raise the problems I mentioned. Problem is that as soon as you acknowledge there should be a restriction somewhere you will have an arbitrary limit. For instance, some says they shouldn't allow any transfer out of Rage because they risk of dupe/cheat item even though it's punishing for the honest players. Other will state they should allow it but with a low gold limit; other no limit, and so on. Same goes with real life. Some workspace have a total restriction on music because some idiots might be blasting crap at full volume. It might be annoying as hell but they have to put a limit somewhere, when common sense (aka reasonable volume) doesn't work.

What I'm saying is that putting no limit at all might induce abuse, which from a dev/community point of view is not cool; even if I agree that on the other hand putting one might make things not cool on a player point of views.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddam View Post
    As far as using offline levels to make it easier to do destiny quests, I don't see it. Sure you may have a new spell or combo, but in general the mobs difficulty increases to match your level, and your gear is often not yet upgraded.
    True, if you leave and go back in. But, if you level up while in the instance, they do not. I had entered the final Phoenux Medallion quest instance, the quest to take out Har-Shebes, and was having difficulty with the other demon, Khar-something or other.

He'd keep teleporting to one of those lit areas, being immune to my attacks, and would end up eating my lunch. I was on the cusp of leveling, anyway, and thought that an additional level from offline would be even better. So, I tested to see if I'd remain in the cave when logging out and back in, and I did. So, I waited for the offline level to accrue, playing another character in the meantime.

When I learned of the new rules from this thread, I realized the level I'd get from killing off minions in the cave was all I was gonna get, I logged in and cruised the cave for NPCs I'd left behind.

But, there were none. Something I'd done had removed all the other mobs. There was no one, except these two dogs running around a horn. So, I took them on, but found them difficult, and returned to Khar-whozitz.

I'd read a way to take him out, something about crashing one of his light columns, but, before I could try it, I found an easier way when I ran behind a rock to heal. He came after me and, after some hits, he ran back allowing me time to heal. He'd return, but still injured. I'd healed up some and blasted him some more - I was playing a 61 ToS. He'd run back, I'd heal, he'd return at the same health when he split, and I blasted him more. On the third round of this, I took him out.

Cool, I thought. That ended up being easy.

Then, I sought out Har-Shebes, discovering that a trackball makes swimming under water a breeze, and had to look up how to keep his minions dead. Found the easiest way us to take out the ones on the far side if the blood pool first, then fight Har-Shebes. That way when you have to kill off the remaining minions, you can pretty much stay in the pool, safe and sound, and kill them off at your leisure. Once that was done, I just charged up the dais and took the demon out.

Wasn't all that hard. And, that moving wall of spikes that surround him was nothing. I just barged through, regardless of where it was, and focused on attacking the demon. He went down quickly. He was easier than those two guys in the cave in Khemi; the blood demon and the guy with all the snakes.

So, finally got those blasted tattoos off of one character. Four more to go.

Quote Originally Posted by ckirmser View Post
    True, if you leave and go back in. But, if you level up while in the instance, they do not. I had entered the final Phoenux Medallion quest instance, the quest to take out Har-Shebes, and was having difficulty with the other demon, Khar-something or other.

[...]

Then, I sought out Har-Shebes, discovering that a trackball makes swimming under water a breeze, and had to look up how to keep his minions dead. Found the easiest way us to take out the ones on the far side if the blood pool first, then fight Har-Shebes. That way when you have to kill off the remaining minions, you can pretty much stay in the pool, safe and sound, and kill them off at your leisure. Once that was done, I just charged up the dais and took the demon out.
    There's propers tactics for each of these bosses. Kurban-Khol (or whatever the exact spelling) is indeed all about walking in the circle of light he's not in to stun him and make him vulnerable. It's easy, really.

For Har-Shebes, there's no need to hide either. It's a 4 part fight. At first, boss will basically be invulnerable and will "choose" one of is minion. That's the target you want to kill. Just kill the one minion lich (bigger than the other) that have a glowing fireball above its head. If you kill another one that does NOT have the glowing ball above it, it will respawn and you will take damage. If you aren't quick enough, boss will choose another minion and glowing ball will go above another one. You can hide behind pillars to avoid taking damage in the mean time.

After killing a few minion liches, boss will be vulnerable and you have to run in circle around him to avoid his spike while damaging him. Then he we be invulnerable again and it's time to kill some more minions. Last part is when all minions are dead, boss will knock you up and start casting an ultra-slow spell called "decimation". It's kind of a dps race since (I guess) it might one shot you and you have to kill him before the end of the cast. Honestly it's pretty easy, you could probably go with a guard in tanking spec using nothing but white hit and tortage-tier combo and still kill him in time.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Yeah, the glowing dots bit was what I discovered by searching.

But, the moving spikes were totally ignorable. I just stood there and let'em do what they would, which seemed to be not a thing. Why bother running in a circle?

Well, I'm just describing the intended tactic that one might want to do, if spike doesn't do enough damage to you to be noticiable, that's fine. It's like Vayaspara in the dead man's hand : You're supposed to kick water barrel to put out the fire before the flame consume the voodoo doll, but you can just outspeed the flame, going full dps on the wench and killing her before the fire kills you.

Intended tactics isn't always the simpler way to do.
    -

Too right.

From what I had read in my research, I was expecting a booger of a time trying to get my less than dexterous fingers to fly around the keyboard well enough to beat this thing.

Default excessive off line levals

One option could be Funcom could let you turn in a designated number of Offline levels for an additional Character slot.

On another Note I really want a Grizzly Mount for my Bear Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Photobossman View Post
    One option could be Funcom could let you turn in a designated number of Offline levels for an additional Character slot.

On another Note I really want a Grizzly Mount for my Bear Shaman
    I would exchange my 450 offline levels for pets too!
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123