Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What about game director letter for this month ? news about arena ?

Default What about game director letter for this month ? news about arena ?

First I would say that the new achievements system is a good thing ... I explore a new time all the countries of hyboria ... and I find things, boss, instance that I have never seen before .... it's fun... so thanks to funcom for this work !

But now, what about game director letter for this month ?
    Last letter 3rd February... we are the 6th of this month...
    Plz can we have news about crafting system, arena ....

ARENA : now we know that the arena will not be a just "solo arena" and will also be for a few number of players (2 possibilities).

Can we have news about this pvp arena and pve arena : others questions remain ...
    - when ? 1 month , 2, 3 ? can we hope quickly ?
    - ennemies ?
    PVP : the enemy will be 1 player (solo mode) or a little team ( 2 or 3 players ?) . I hope a good PVP arena. Main problem for dev is probably the "good balance" between the little teams.
    PVE : about the ennemy you have told about a pet... a familiar of the player who would have a monstrous form... but always the same boss, it will be quickly boring ...? all familiars will be concerned ? can we hope a great number of different boss ?
    - this arena will be only for lvl 80 ? or not ?
    - rewards ? epic gear ? gold ? tokens ? (please stop with social items ...)
    - stats ? visible victories statistics or no ?
    - introduction in the new achievement system ?
    FURY

Quote Originally Posted by Battleaxe View Post
    PVE : about the ennemy you have told about a pet... a familiar of the player who would have a monstrous form... but always the same boss, it will be quickly boring ...? all familiars will be concerned ? can we hope a great number of different boss ?
    My wild guess (but relatively safe bet I guess) is that every familiar/companions/pet you own can be turned into a boss. Which also explain the sudden multiplication of pets available. That said, Funcom, if you read this, could we have pet that doesn't disappear as soon as a fight start ? Vanity pet is nice and all but if I can't run through Hyboria with it, it's kinda useless.

Also, I don't really agree with your "stop the social item" statement. As long as it's mixed with other reward, it's pretty cool. Diversity in vanity stuff is always nice to see
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

It seems the GD letter creep has started again. They will start trickling in during the 2nd week of the month for a few months. Then after awhile they will end up coming on the 3rd week of the month. Then they will start coming on the 4th week of the month, before finally being pushed all the way into the next month. After a few months of the letter coming out during the following month, they will change the naming system again to make the letter match the month it actually comes out in.

There's no reason to expect a GD letter any time soon, and no reason to complain about it either. Bylos has stated that there's no longer a monthly system going, so there might very well be none for March.

Won't see anything new probably until the Summer anyway.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Won't see anything new probably until the Summer anyway.
    And then it will be summer vacation time, so more nothing will be done!

To be honest itll be the same thing as they have said the last few months without any update on the Rage and Fury merge/transfers, hoping in its silence the issue will just fix itself , They will talk about the achievement system and the work being done on up coming PvE instances , and an honorable mention to the Crafting system which is inching nearer to completion by the day...

Is the "arena" some sort of round area that one travels to by clicking on some sort of teleporting column?

I was in the Fields of the Dead yesterday finishing up one of the specter quests where you had to bury a collection of clan amulets and encountered a smoking rock column that I thought was one of the clan totems. I thought my computer had frozen - because of the delay in loading a new area - and then realized I had gone somewhere when the thing came back on a road at the top of a hill looking down towards a round area surrounded by torches.

Not being a PvP'r, I did a 180 and clicked on the door behind me to get back to the FotD.

ckirmser, you missed a pretty cool location, the fight club arena . And it is not pvp in there, just a lvl 60 (?) boss in there, quite boring for a great place like this.

You can enter the fight club via clicking an ape totem, that spawns at different locations in fotd. I always go there if I find such a totem, just because of the coolness. I really hope the new pvp-arena will look like that, or like the arena in noble district, perhaps a little bit lager and with stuff in it to be able to break los.

I don't mind if there is no news .... just tell us at a fixed time what news there is (or there is no news).
    I mean: FunCom set yourself a deadline!
    Give us an update on, for example, first friday of the month at 10 am GMT or EST ... Even make it 4 pm EST if you need to ...but set a deadline!!!
    The way it is going now we will have novembers letter around christmas I presume!
    FunCom you are repeating your own mistakes!!!

About the PVE-arena:
    I hope the difficulty and rewards are tied in with the current "level" of the pet.
    Afaik the Kappa from RotG is an EPIC pet. Is it also an EPIC opponent?
    And can we fight with our Pleasurable Company? Mudwrestling!!!
    If this arena would offer opponent selection like the Armsman Tavern with the looks of the FotD-arena it would be awesome.

About the FotD-arena:
    It is a strictly PVE-arena comparable with Armsman Arena.
    It just doesn't work a standard list, it gives 'random' oppnents on your level that drop decent green weapons and accessories.
    Very,very rarely it drops something blue.
    Last edited by HaremBunny; 7th March 2015 at 11:53.
    Xiuhcoatl, Xipil, Udiya, Zhoerong lvl 80 HoXes .... multi-speccing?
    Gorgophone lvl 80 Barb, Kheiron lvl 80 PoM (Heal?), Uruloki lvl 80 Demo (Nub), Berenike lvl 80 Conq (retired.) All raised on Hyrkania RP-PVE (R.I.P.) server.

[undisclosed] lvl 80 HoX (!), Marbhaisgort lvl 80 Necro (fresh), Chahwuk (ToS)/Merav(Necro) lvl5x (for when I get to do Purist-achievements) Cromites.

Membership valid until 2018-03-16 20:02:55 Got tricked again 2015-12-14

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast