Thread: Strict rotation or priority rotation?

Default Strict rotation or priority rotation?

Fellow sins,

what do you use for PVE dps; a strict rotation or a priority rotation? The latter obviously over times becomes similar to a strict rotation, but the reason I am asking is that I used to use a strict rotation, in which SDS would get pushed back occasionally to align its cooldown with that of Lotus Dart. However, now with finesse hits proccing on SDS would one want to use it as much as possible, even if Lotus Dart's CD drags after and has to be saved for the next SDS (effectively losing a few Lotus darts over the course of a full boss fight)?

With that in mind, how do you play in pve in regards to this?
    With fond memories of Corinthia RP-PvP...

SDS if the best combo, I always use it as soon as the cooldown is up, consume with the dart as much as possible, and consume face stab when it's on cooldown. The only change I made came with full T5 set, because of the Lethargy damage buff, have to work that combo in if you want the damage multiplier (which only works on white hits and combos, but it's still a noticeable DPS increase).
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    SDS if the best combo, I always use it as soon as the cooldown is up, consume with the dart as much as possible, and consume face stab when it's on cooldown. The only change I made came with full T5 set, because of the Lethargy damage buff, have to work that combo in if you want the damage multiplier (which only works on white hits and combos, but it's still a noticeable DPS increase).
    Evitoooooooooooooo!

Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    SDS if the best combo, I always use it as soon as the cooldown is up
    Even if Grim Corruption and Slow Death Strike come off cooldown at the same time?

In that case, if I use Grim Corruption first I can afterwards allow the Slow death Strike dot to tick for 5 seconds before consuming it with a miasma. If I use Slow death Strike first I will have to consume the dot before the direct follow up Grim Corruption has finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Belatsunat View Post
    Even if Grim Corruption and Slow Death Strike come off cooldown at the same time?

In that case, if I use Grim Corruption first I can afterwards allow the Slow death Strike dot to tick for 5 seconds before consuming it with a miasma. If I use Slow death Strike first I will have to consume the dot before the direct follow up Grim Corruption has finished.
    They shouldn't come off CD at the same time if you use SDS right after GC.

Use GC first then SDS and wait to the last moment to cast dart miasma like you said. SDS should come off CD before GC so you can use it again but this time use face stab miasma, then into GC for the second time.
    Last edited by Darm; 31st March 2015 at 13:09.