Thread: Crafting older recipes

Default Crafting older recipes

Stupid question - probably
    Annoying situation - definitely.

Back to the game after a few years, my lvl 80 is a Grand Master gemcutter and artisan armoursmith.

Seems i cant go any higher with armour smithing without a guild city and armoursmith workshop??
    Is this correct?

Also, i now cant see any recipes for making armour below item level 70, where tf have they gone?
    At the very least i could twink some lower level alts, but not if my recip book only shows the 70 items??

It doing my swede in, can anyone tell me what im missing please?

TIA

We are about to have a major crafting revamp next patch, current system will be scraped.

My advice would be not to waste time on old system
    Retired

ok thanks Slith, is it a total scrap, items removed, everyone reset to nothing type thing do we know?

Do not wait for the next "Crafting revamp". It might be the worst bug-infested nightmare. Or something like "Unchained PVP minigames".
    You have to have a guild with all tiers of buildings (I have to check online which ones exactly) to climb the ranks. Also, petition a GM if you cannot see the recipes that were a part of your progression or try to relog.
    Crafting is very powerful, engaging, and rewarding both while levelling and at 80. Even digging nodes keeps you on your toes while enemies attack you! Compare any dungeon sets with simple Armorsmith crafted blues (and even greens!) T2 and T3 crafted weapons for 80s are always in demand, etc.
    My suggestion: if you like crafting, keep doing it.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by thorgeir View Post
    ok thanks Slith, is it a total scrap, items removed, everyone reset to nothing type thing do we know?
    You get to keep the items crafted, but new system won't have recepies
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    You get to keep the items crafted, but new system won't have recepies
    Do you mean the new system won't have the *same* recipes that we do now or that it won't have any recipes at all? I'm having trouble finding any info at all on what the crafting revamp will have in it. I'm in a somewhat similar situation as the OP, in that I just returned to the game and am a crafter, so it's kind of confusing to figure out if I should keep doing what I'm doing or wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyja View Post
    Do you mean the new system won't have the *same* recipes that we do now or that it won't have any recipes at all? I'm having trouble finding any info at all on what the crafting revamp will have in it. I'm in a somewhat similar situation as the OP, in that I just returned to the game and am a crafter, so it's kind of confusing to figure out if I should keep doing what I'm doing or wait.
    There will be different kind of gems that will define which stats your item will get. Back in.. 2012? Or whenever the video with craig over at mmorpg.com was released they showed each item would have 3 gem slots. Now if you put for example attack in gem slot 1, strenght in gem slot 2 and constituion in gem slot 3 you would then get one result, but if you mixxed them around so you have attack in gem slot 2 etc then it might change. I might have missunderstood how the changes will be and Im pretty confident that what was shown back then isnt how it is now. We can only speculate it might be something like that. There is a superior order you can put these gems in that will maximize the effect somehow.. Maybe we will know sooner or later. If I recall correctly they also added "critical" items too, like you have this chance to make it slightly more powerful than a normal non-critical item.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Tyja View Post
    The new system will not have recipes in the sense of finding a book, reading it, and learning how to craft item X. It is all purely trial and error. If you do not write down what you used to make Item A, and don't remember, good luck making one again. So in that sense, there are no recipes.