Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hoard of the War Bringer

Bought 4 more. Nothing new Lol. 3 pets I already had and 3 hyk social armor boxes.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Funcom is still adamant that nothing changed with the boxes. That all items were correctly dropping both before and after yesterday's update.

It would be nice if we could give them more information to prove that the boxes were indeed bugged before the update. So if you haven't posted any numbers for how many boxes you opened prior to the update, please do so. The more proof we can gather, the better.

So far in this thread we have about 78+ boxes opened, with none of these drops, and multiple times I searched the trader (first day of box being out, 2 days before patch, 1 day before patch), everything listed as a drop was for sale except the below items. Then within less than 6 hours after the patch, all previously missing items were being sold on the trader.

I still believe that these items were previously impossible to obtain:

Bugged:
    [Swift Ymirish Colossal Cold One]
    [Fleet Hyrkanian Riding Camel]
    [Mini-Pet: Steppes War Rhino]
    [Pet: Khitan Camel]
    [Pet: Zebra Foal]

Well, Funcom told me they did finally confirm that the boxes were working before the update. I would still love to find just 1 person on Crom who saw each of these items drop.

The confirmation that the Hoard drops were working as advertised was gleaned by comparing internal data snapshots, from live environments, both before and after the update.

...the items you cite have indeed been dropping as intended/advertised before and after the most recent update.

Something else interesting, which could be proof to the boxes having really been bugged on crom. If you look at the trader and search for any of those items thought to have been bugged, there isn't a single one that expires less than 7 days from now. Other things like the 2 vanity armor sets and the unlimited morph still show listings from earlier. No more listings of the legendary horse or the hair dye with less than 7 days left, are left on the trader.
    Last edited by tapwater; 20th February 2015 at 20:59.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    Well, Funcom told me they did finally confirm that the boxes were working before the update. I would still love to find just 1 person on Crom who saw each of these items drop.
    This completely contradicts a conversation I have had with a friend of mine today in game who spoke to a GM about these box's. He reports that the GM said there was an issue with one item dropping too frequently; although everything else was fine.

I know that this seems like a bit of he said, she said but I trust my friend as a source and to me hearing Funcom told you everything was hanky panky while someone else is being told otherwise by a GM is disconcerting to say the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Darm View Post
    This completely contradicts a conversation I have had with a friend of mine today in game who spoke to a GM about these box's. He reports that the GM said there was an issue with one item dropping too frequently; although everything else was fine.

I know that this seems like a bit of he said, she said but I trust my friend as a source and to me hearing Funcom told you everything was hanky panky while someone else is being told otherwise by a GM is disconcerting to say the very least.
    Yeah, everything just doesn't add up properly. I should note that after my first GM petition in-game, where I actually talked to two different GMs, I got sent to help.funcom.com to create another ticket there, and spoke to another two GMs, who said they talked with the developers too, and they all agreed that nothing was wrong aside from the Pit Boss being Character Bound when it shouldn't have been.

Default FYI - Boxes

For those of you not getting some pets and items - make SURE you are opening the box on a L80 character.

Once upon a time I tested out a huge number of boxes on a L60 or so character and never got any mounts at all. Then I tested on a L80 character (since the box contents were BOA - but I wanted them on my L60 guy for when he turned L80), and all of the sudden I started getting L80 mounts. So... go figure.

The boxes will not drop L80 items if your character is not L80 - so make sure you wait to L80 to pop those boxes.
    I'll show you roads overgrown and paved with promises long since forgotten, but what you take away will be as much about you as it is me. https://hjbuell.com/about-me/

Quote Originally Posted by RunningWolf View Post
    For those of you not getting some pets and items - make SURE you are opening the box on a L80 character.

Once upon a time I tested out a huge number of boxes on a L60 or so character and never got any mounts at all. Then I tested on a L80 character (since the box contents were BOA - but I wanted them on my L60 guy for when he turned L80), and all of the sudden I started getting L80 mounts. So... go figure.

The boxes will not drop L80 items if your character is not L80 - so make sure you wait to L80 to pop those boxes.
    That definitely wasn't the problem for me, I was opening them from my level 80 BS. Interesting to think about though. I know some (maybe all) of those items no one was getting before the patch are actually level 90 items.

I didn't find hoard of the war bringer in the item shop.
    Is it gone? It is not under special offers anymore
    Hedjhekenu (Stygian Necromancer)

Quote Originally Posted by hedjhekenu View Post
    I didn't find hoard of the war bringer in the item shop.
    Is it gone? It is not under special offers anymore
    Yep it is gone now. It left when the Hoard of the Afterlife came into the shop (or maybe just after, I didn't look too closely).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234