Thread: Age of Conan Dressing Room Feature

Default Age of Conan Dressing Room Feature

Now that we have an Achievements system in Age of Conan that is very similar to the Achievements system in Funcom's The Secret World, there is another feature from TSW that I would like to see included in AOC: The Dressing Room.

I bought the 4 pack of Hoard of the War Bringer boxes yesterday and pulled several 7/8 piece cosmetic outfits. I pulled two of the same set, so I put the duplicate set in my Guild Bank for someone else and kept the other two sets in my inventory after I opened the armor kits and tried them on.

In addition to other cosmetic items, outfits, level 80 gear, resources, and so on that I have in my Bank account and personal inventory space, purchasing more cosmetic outfits will probably not be an option due to storage considerations. I bought the extra bank slots from the Store and I also have one of the largest bags for personal inventory, but multiple armors sets once removed are slot hogs.

The solution: include a Dressing Room tab for AOC characters as it exists in TSW. I would be happy to buy more cosmetic outfits if I knew that running out of room for them wouldn't be a problem. Cosmetics do not unbalance the game in any way, obviously, so allowing unlimited storage for them from a character's panel would certainly increase the purchases of these items. As far as I know, a character can presently store unlimited pets and then summon them as needed; allowing access to cosmetic outfits could be done in the same manner.
    Last edited by Radicaltop; 12th February 2015 at 09:30.
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

I think that would be fantastic! I imagine that it may be difficult to implement because it would involve some tricky coding.

Also, out of curiosity, what does the new armor set that you got look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Selona View Post
    I think that would be fantastic! I imagine that it may be difficult to implement because it would involve some tricky coding.

Also, out of curiosity, what does the new armor set that you got look like?
    Both Age of Conan and The Secret World use the same proprietary Dreamworld game engine coded by Funcom, so adding a Dressing Room feature to AOC may not be as difficult as starting from scratch. Age of Conan has almost the same potential for voluminous cosmetic items as The Secret World, so adding a Dressing Room would be a good financial move for AOC.

I pulled the Cache of the Knights of Sadoria (2 of them) and Cache of the Rolling Hills. The Sadoria armor is Blue (rare) and looks like classical Roman era armor.

Oh nice! The "roman era" armor should go over well.

It may be possible since they use the same engine, but since Conan is older that is where the issues may lie. But I think it would really be awesomem not only for ease of use, but to afford some inventory space!

From what I've been able to understand about AoC and TSW is that the item/clothing systems are very different. It would probably be very difficult to get the vanity features from TSW ported to AoC, even the Dressing Room would probably be difficult.

Now that said, I would still love it if they went to the effort to give us a better vanity system.

As for the new Box from the Item Store, have other people noticed they are getting a lot of the same Pets/Morphs as from previous boxes? I also got a Rune stone, similar to the achievement ones. Rune stones weren't listed under the possible drops from this box.

"Minor Rune Stone of the Steppes" - "This blessing will blast the horn of the war horde and plant their banner whenever you make a fatality."

just bought the 151 bag 2 weeks ago and now the new bag come with same price, jesus....
    Henryx Guardian
    Henryau Pom
    Henryz Barb
    Henryuki Hox
    Henryn Necro
    Crom
    - Henryx Age of Conan Youtube -
    - Henryx Age of Conan Blog -

Quote Originally Posted by henryabccba View Post
    just bought the 151 bag 2 weeks ago and now the new bag come with same price, jesus....
    Hehe, you never know when it is ever going to happen. Makes it the safest to always buy the bag right when it comes out if you want to get the most use out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by henryabccba View Post
    You could try sending in an email to customer support and tell them you just bought the smaller one and ask if they would upgrade it for you...

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    From what I've been able to understand about AoC and TSW is that the item/clothing systems are very different. It would probably be very difficult to get the vanity features from TSW ported to AoC, even the Dressing Room would probably be difficult.

Now that said, I would still love it if they went to the effort to give us a better vanity system.

As for the new Box from the Item Store, have other people noticed they are getting a lot of the same Pets/Morphs as from previous boxes? I also got a Rune stone, similar to the achievement ones. Rune stones weren't listed under the possible drops from this box.

"Minor Rune Stone of the Steppes" - "This blessing will blast the horn of the war horde and plant their banner whenever you make a fatality."
    I am a relatively new player and I am running out of storage space even after buying bank and inventory upgrades. I can't imagine that veteran players have much space available for new cosmetics. Adding the Dressing Room feature would pay for itself in new cosmetic / store box purchases.

I also received a Rune Stone from one of the new boxes, even though it is not listed in the Store description.