Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Achievements for Future

Default New Achievements for Future

Post: http://bearshamanproblems.blogspot.c...ually-see.html

While the population of lowbie areas is inundated with 80's finishing one quest each, I thought it'd be fun to start looking at what else could be added to this new system. As a disclaimer: I know nothing about code, so some of what I'm suggesting may be impossible, impracticable, or both. It's just a fun way to list some ideas that may or may not get picked up in the future.

--------
    Update 4.5 brought Age of Conan into 2009 with Achievements. The Blonde Myth of Aquilonia has a nice write up of the implementation and why it's good for AoC. I agree on both of his main points that this is good for veterans (and new players) while also acknowledging that this won't propel Age of Conan into the WoW-sphere in terms of game population.

This post is to list ideas for future Achievements that I think would be good to implement. As I've had about 6 hours on the new system so far, some of these may already be in the game but hidden from view or something I missed as I had my barbarian binge drinking in Tortage like a college student on spring break.

My first inclination for many achievements have silly or witty names like that one really big MMO uses. As I pause over a decapitated corpse, it dawned on me that brand of whimsy is horribly misplaced in a game like Age of Conan.

I'm so PvE that my Slueth of Bears looks like Care Bears so I'm going to focus on PvE Achievements. I'm that guy that goes into a mini with a Conq and goes 0-12. (This is also why I've been banging the drum for tiered mini's, so I can walk in with a conq and go 1-4).

Future Achievements

1. Tiered Achievements for finding buried treasure (50 times, 100, etc.) as well as all of the locations in a specific zone
    2. Tiered Achievements for finding treasure chests (50 times, 100, etc.) as well as all of the locations in a specific zone
    3. More hunter achievements for killing beasts, prey, pirates, Black Ring members, etc. This can always be expanded and always gives players a reason to senselessly kill 1,000s of some critter or another
    4. Resource gathering and crafting items (for crafting please do account wide)
    5. Fatalities - unlocking each for a weapon type (1HB, 2HB, 2HE, Polearm, etc.) as well as number of times a fatality was performed as a tiered achievement (1, 50, 250, 500, etc.)
    6. Tiers for kills on the World Bosses (50, 100, etc.) (Or as Cynara would call it "a good week")
    7. Achievement for the 11 Sacred Weapons Quest
    8. Achievements for Kill Streaks (Max achieved, number of times getting 3 Chain Kills, etc)
    9. Achievement for helping someone else get an Achievement or Achievement step (10, 25, 50, etc.)
    10. Doing useful things during a World Boss events such as:
    a. Breaking Ice cones, un-stoning stuck people, etc. (can be tiered depending on the situation)
    b. Being in the top half of damage/threat list for a duration
    c. Holding aggro
    d. Healing people
    e. Holding spellweave for 2 minutes (more? less?)

The last points is to encourage people to help out instead of standing near the boss and doing nothing or just throwing a hatchet you picked up in Tortage at it occasionally. The second to last point is to encourage people to build groups with less experienced players instead of the typical "Exp, Gear" stuff that fills global.

"A lot of those things above sound like filler!" you might say. And you're correct. Anything that keeps players playing (and, more importantly, paying) is a good thing at this point. You could argue that there's no point in tying achievements to the World Bosses right now, as that's pretty successful content (I'm judging success by participation not people complaining about it). Hopefully this Achievement system will tie some people over until the crafting revamp, and the next set of new content.

So what new achievements would you like to see implemented? And to be clear "server transfers/merges" are not Achievements.
    Last edited by puckstop98; 8th February 2015 at 19:22.
    ----
    Kalur - 80 Bear Shaman, Brunstol - 80 Dark Templar, Tallas - 80 Assassin, Gilben - 80 Conquerer, Pangert - 80 Barbarian, Xoltal - 80 Necromancer, Matzui - 80 Herald of Xolti, and a bunch of lower level alts.
    Wiccana -> Set -> Crom

How about for getting on peoples /ignore list? Could unlock a title "The annoying".

Those on Crom would know who would get that first (hint: the guy claiming to leave for years since the game is dead).

I was thinking more things like:
    1. Completing message board quests (all in a zone, large quantities)
    2. Competing daily quests
    3. Killing a mob and having less than 5% health left. (Bonus points: be at 0 and not die - have seen this a few times)
    4. Forgot who posted it in the forums under the feedback thread but I liked the idea of one for drinking a potion during combat.
    ----
    Kalur - 80 Bear Shaman, Brunstol - 80 Dark Templar, Tallas - 80 Assassin, Gilben - 80 Conquerer, Pangert - 80 Barbarian, Xoltal - 80 Necromancer, Matzui - 80 Herald of Xolti, and a bunch of lower level alts.
    Wiccana -> Set -> Crom

I could be wrong but I didn't see anything concerning Dead Man's Hand in there. Maybe under the quest side for Turan?

An interesting achievement for the WBs would be:
    Nobody gets stunned more than once (frontal aoe) and nobody gets tail lashed more than onced (backside aoe), which would mostly be the tank's job while requiring some manner of intelligent gameplay from the other people.

The best achievement for me: not a single world boss kill during a year as a Premium player.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Doing this or that instance with only 2/3/4/12/x/y players

Fine, we get some serious proposals so its time for the funny ones:

Danse Macabre = Do all the dancing sequences during raid boss fight and do not die (all members not only those few slackers).
    Kentucky Colonel = Kill X Chickens.
    Energizer = get striked by the central electric pillar in Iron Tower at the top and get Energized Yeti Bile.
    Speedy Gonzales = be the first who opens X bags of loot in dungeon (only those small ones not crates).
    Cliffhanger = climb/jump up some hills/rocks/cliffs (not using climbing points).
    Crocodile Dundee = kill X crocodiles on your level with only bare hands.
    Mother Teresa = heal up X players and/or Y amount of HP.
    Boogieman = successfully fear X NPCs and/or players during fight.
    AoC Is Better Then TV = login every day (and stay online at least 5 minutes) for 365 days.
    Divine Intervention = oneshot X raid bosses.

Funcomed = ress yourself outside raid instance by clicking on refreshed ress tab while RL is about to open loot chest.

Feel free to change the names to better suit AoC universe
    Last edited by Kejml; 12th February 2015 at 13:36.
    Kejml aka Lordgraa - ToS legend from Blackscar server and Thoth Amon`s best friend =o)

More "funny" ones (with some failchievements)

I Helped! - land a single blow (or 10 or less) on a raid or world boss kill
    At least you tried - single digit dps on a world boss or raid or go 0 and # in a mini that your team wins.
    DEEECAAAP! - you get a fatality in pvp
    Curtains don't match the Drapes - change your hair color
    That was sooo 2008 - change your hairstyle
    BOOM! - use breast or arms enlargement
    ----
    Wiccana -> Set -> Crom

I want a "Spanking the Monkey" achievement for killing 100 Gray Ape bosses in Paikang :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast