Thread: So how does XP work?

Default So how does XP work?

So there's four of us come back to AoC after a very long gap. We are trying to get organised so that we all have characters around the same level so we can go do some things together.

Say we were going to do Black Castle for example which I think is roughly for levels 30 to 35.

If we have say four level 30's and a level 35, do the level 30's get less XP with the level 35 in the group?
    What about if we had a level 39 in the group? I am guessing the monsters in BC would not go white with the 39 in the group(?) but would the level 30's get XP with such a difference.

Yes we could just try it, but it would be handy to know in advance as one of us has a 36 and one a 39 and we don't know if we will need to roll new ones to play together.

1) Does anyone know formula's for the max difference for group members? Or maybe it just impacts XP but is still possible as level 80's certainly used to power level much lower characters.
    2) How high above monsters do you have to be before they go white and give like 1 XP?

Any advice welcome!

Enemies are white when 8 levels lower and give no xp to anyone. The total kill xp is shared by the group and lower levels get more but the details of such mathsy bits aren't very important (or I think documented), there's more than enough xp to go around just with questing.

You have to have a seven-level difference between the mobs (if you are lower, it is better) and you, and between the members of the group.
    If you pick one level-27 character for Black Castle (this is the entry level), then you have to get 34 as the highest. The lowest the gap, the better it is.
    I usually pick people within ten levels and just do it for the challenge and gear several times in each instance. Levels are gained fast anyway.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Thanks a lot both of you!

Not worried about not having enough XP to level, just trying to make sure we can all have fun together.
    Best bet sounds like getting the big guys to roll fresh ones so we all are around the same level.

Cheers.

I am glad that you sorted it out!
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.