Thread: Legendary Cloaks for PvE

Default Legendary Cloaks for PvE

As the thread title indicates, I am nearing the point where I get to pick my legendary cloak from the quartet on offer courtesy of the generous world boss. Yes, I only started with AoC sometime last year.

Now the question is which one to pick, seeing as I play almost exclusively PvE content (currently T3). The only viable candidates to me seem to be

Demon Mantle of the Living Legend
    Infernal Mantle of the Living Legend

For pure DPS the Demon Mantle is the clear winner, no questions asked. However ... the Infernal Mantle offers some amazing survival stats for relatively little loss on the offensive front, and I remember reading guides that recommend e.g. for the Entity around 9k health and between 15% and 25% fire resistance. If that is a recurring theme in the boss encounters to come then the Infernal Mantle might actually be the better choice.

So what are the recommendations from themore experienced raiders out there?

I would go for the infernal mantle, just because it's a way better cloack overall and offers as you said good survival without sacrificing much dps.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

Infernal mantle looks better but carry many of the stats where you could rather use Amra cloak and come better out of it. I picked Demon mantle, because there is no other cloak which offer that amount of intelligence in game. It has more mana, damage, hit and crit dmg than the T4 cloak. Demon Mantle is the highest dps cloak for Demos in game. I picked Infernal mantle on my Necro, but kinda regret it since I would have had use for that extra 500 mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Infernal mantle looks better but carry many of the stats where you could rather use Amra cloak and come better out of it. I picked Demon mantle, because there is no other cloak which offer that amount of intelligence in game. It has more mana, damage, hit and crit dmg than the T4 cloak. Demon Mantle is the highest dps cloak for Demos in game. I picked Infernal mantle on my Necro, but kinda regret it since I would have had use for that extra 500 mana.
    That cloak is only 11.40 magic damage more than one with 50+ more constitution and protection. If your fully t4+, an extra 500 mana with that level of gear is nothing, and neither is the .9% protection you would get from the intelligence. More critical rating, so what, with t4+ gear you are well over 30% anyways. I would assume you are using no constitution rings as well to max that dps stat by an extra 5. I don't know about you, but going into the last tier of raiding I would want better than 7k hit points for 12 extra magic damage thinking that it matters...
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    That cloak is only 11.40 magic damage more than one with 50+ more constitution and protection. If your fully t4+, an extra 500 mana with that level of gear is nothing, and neither is the .9% protection you would get from the intelligence. More critical rating, so what, with t4+ gear you are well over 30% anyways. I would assume you are using no constitution rings as well to max that dps stat by an extra 5. I don't know about you, but going into the last tier of raiding I would want better than 7k hit points for 12 extra magic damage thinking that it matters...
    Well we are pretty lucky that our characters can quickly swap gear if the fight requires more survivability..? The cloak has no critical rating, but critical damage rating. I am wearing full T4 and it' around 8500 health with unfeated priest buff. Thats 1-2k more than some rogues and priests have.

The 500 extra mana matters. It is extra mana so you dont run as quick out when getting Demonic Payment. It is extra mana for doing active blocking.

For certain encounters we do have cloak of amra that completely overshadows the Infernal Mantle.