Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Discuss: Game Director Letter December/January

Quote Originally Posted by kinlock View Post
    I have a question to the players on Rage. I don't know much of anything about the pvp servers other than there was one made for the hardcore pvpers, because the pvpers were asking and begging for a special pvp server, and I thought that was the Rage server? If memory serves me, there were and I assume still are strict rules for that server. No transfers to and from that server are 2 of the rules? SO I'm wondering why you would expect funcom to grant anyone transfers from that server, regardless of it's population or floods of hackers.
    The rules were set; but if memory serves, funcom has already said they planned on visiting the idea of Fury And Rage transfers. That's why they ask.

Last edited by Reinauer; 10th January 2015 at 19:43.

And there was transfer opened from rage once. I dont understand how can it take nearly year just to make a list of excluding things and open transfer again.

Originally you could transfer off of the server but not onto it, that was the rules, i myself was able to transfer 1 of my toons off of it after about a year after the deathwish server being open ...

TBH i have no interest in any of the talks on what can and can not be taken with us, all i want is my pvp armors and PvP weapons and this is all, keep everything else i own, not that its much... i just want to go where there is population no more, A lot of us worked very hard on the toons we have, lots of hours put into them, Funcom have announced they will open transfers, which is great, all we wanna know if what kind of time line we are looking at, as a lot of us are basically on hold until the day we can leave there, its no fun logging in this morning and seeing 3 other 80's online , there is a chance of large influx of players returning to transfer and sub to Fury/Crom , its good for the player base of said servers ...

To those who think everyone on Rage just wants to bring mass amounts of gold and mats and weapons and this and that to the other servers stop trolling, Funcom just don't let anything off of the servers but pvp armors and pvp weapons for all i care, after all it was the pvp server not the pve server , i rolled there to pvp, and i did im pvp 10, i have my full T3 pvp set, now i just need a server with a population to wear those armors and play against
    I wont deny that the server has an influx of players who are running around with crafted t3's and probably have untold amounts of gold, but honestly how long does it take to make a filter to just remove those items from rage on completion of transfers?
    I myself have about 45 gold on me (10G while F2P ) , a 65% full AA tree and my BB armors that i wore at low pvp lvl before the pvp armor upgrade , all gained legit

/agree ~

It would be nice to have more players, regardless.

As for the overall scope of the "Letter" ~ it's nice to see PvP getting some love. As for the name change of the letter ; not needed- it was already justified by the Director. Not sure why he changed his mind. crafting revamp; we've waited so long that I'm desensitized to any news there ... sorry.

How about new mini-game map? They work with it for years

I have a question to the players on Rage. I don't know much of anything about the pvp servers other than there was one made for the hardcore pvpers, because the pvpers were asking and begging for a special pvp server, and I thought that was the Rage server? If memory serves me, there were and I assume still are strict rules for that server. No transfers to and from that server are 2 of the rules? SO I'm wondering why you would expect funcom to grant anyone transfers from that server, regardless of it's population or floods of hackers.
    -rule was no transfers to, that was to prevent t4 toons from having a serious edge over others when the server opened. it was always allowed to transfer off.

-with the rule changes to the pvp zones on fury and the World Boss made B&G nearly meaningless. The now 1 last distinct feature is that you drop loot. Another distinct feature is that you can infinitely copy any item that binds on equip/use (say gold pots, ibises, AA pots, pvp xp candies, etc)

personally I would expect Funcom to open the transfers for these reasons:

-merging the 2 pvp communities which have a very minor rule difference, consolidating the communities for a more thriving server

-closing down the bug that lets anyone multiply essentially anything

-prevent from losing customers the dead server that is rage, which in turn reduces revenue for content

the rule was, "not allowed to transfer charatec TO rage" No one ever mentioned transfering FROM rage to crom, fury.
    Edit by Anzu: I eat trolls.
    Last edited by Anzu; 11th January 2015 at 00:14.
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    How about new mini-game map? They work with it for years
    Edit by Anzu: Everyday.
    ... aslong as new mini map wont be another JS, infested with mages on spots where its hard to climb, once u get to them they jump to water and repeat
    Last edited by Anzu; 11th January 2015 at 00:15.
    The Law

Water is a bane of pvp as much as guards in open world. There SHOULD be a dot hit all Edit by Anzu: Dogs who jumps water when losing.
    Last edited by Anzu; 11th January 2015 at 14:07.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast