Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12 man raids

I mostly agree with Bogus. But why not make HoC Lurker as a 12 men raid? Maybe that'd be a solution for those who think it would work better for them, but Im not really supporting 12 men raid idea in general. It might sound good in theory but it is very different thing in reality.
    I am sure there are guilds around which would have a lot of ppl left out from their raids cause there wouldn't be a spot for them in 12 men set up, while not being able to make two equally good/balanced 12 men raids it would eventually cause more drama than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Civilix View Post
    We do have t3.5 and lurker
    Perfect examples. They are most popular raid instances ever. Most of guilds didn't even try to go Erlik when T4 wasn't finished. So not so good loot wasn't cause back then. And Lurker is one big black hole. We need more like those. It would be as smart as adding more low level dungeons.

And from those only bat is similar to Coils design tho. Zaal and Archfiend beside moving once 30sec is still tank&spank fight. About lurker I'm not saying anything. I lose all my patience on part when you try to get raid to single instance. And when fight starts and you have to kite (I'd kill every dev who thinks kitting is valid game mechanic) some small brains I'm on other side of insanity.
    Last edited by bogus; 6th March 2014 at 13:01.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    I am sure there are guilds around which would have a lot of ppl left out from their raids cause there wouldn't be a spot for them in 12 men set up, while not being able to make two equally good/balanced 12 men raids it would eventually cause more drama than anything else.
    Have you ever considered it happens on the other side of the mirror, when people left from small guilds cause they are struggling to get 24 raiders at regular state. Thoses players leaving to strenghten up raidforce of already big guilds. And then thoses guilds are dying over and over and tons of peoples leaving the game.

Maybe 24-mens players is good on a successfull healthy game. But Age of Conan is none of theses.
    Last edited by Bibik; 6th March 2014 at 13:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Have you ever considered it happens on the other side of the mirror, when people left from small guilds cause they are struggling to get 24 raiders at regular state. Thoses players leaving to strenghten up raidforce of already big guilds. And then thoses guilds are dying over and over and tons of peoples leaving the game.

Maybe 24-mens players is good on a successfull healthy game. But Age of Conan is none of theses.
    I agree but my point is that 12 men raids should be an optional thing with tuned down rewards accordingly, no raid instance should be made as a 12 men exclusively.

Anyway it's already hard for them to make a new raid, being 12 or 24, T3.5 or T5, half raid or full raid ^^
    if only they had the ressources of any AAA game

Yes, yes YES! I have discussed this many times with friends, and we all can agree that this would be awesome! This would also be really great for the current population. I agree!

*I wouldn't mind if 1-tier less armor or scaled down items drop.

When you consider how many guilds are active in T3 and T4, it's obvious the population isn't the issue. There's plenty enough population for 24 man raids.

IMO, the larger the better. The most fun part of the game is grouping with a bunch of people and accomplishing something together. The smaller the group, the less complex the encounter.

The only thing that keeps regular T4 raiders still in game (other than pvp) is the hope that palace of cetriss will be worthwhile. If it isn't, you'll see a drop in population that will make the December 2011 Star Wars exit look like peanuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    When you consider how many guilds are active in T3 and T4, it's obvious the population isn't the issue. There's plenty enough population for 24 man raids.

IMO, the larger the better. The most fun part of the game is grouping with a bunch of people and accomplishing something together. The smaller the group, the less complex the encounter.

The only thing that keeps regular T4 raiders still in game (other than pvp) is the hope that palace of cetriss will be worthwhile. If it isn't, you'll see a drop in population that will make the December 2011 Star Wars exit look like peanuts.
    Agreed, Palace of Cetriss is the only thing keeping me and most people I know in AoC.

It's why we won't see it till AD2k16. If FC knows one thing good, it's how to keep making money on promises.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

I'd prefer player housing ~ thank you

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12