Thread: "Free" the Global channels!

Default "Free" the Global channels!

After another server merge we now have people with their game clients in many languages seperated from each other in "their" local Global channels (Global_English, Global_German etc.).

Why am I restricted to only see the language specific Global channel of my game client's language setting? Since the general Global channel now is more and more flooded by Russian players the problem has become even worse. Most team requests and raids now are only adverted in those local channels of which I only can see one. During the last two weeks the number of group requests in the Global channel has dropped drastically.

Why can't I decide which Global channels I want to read? I speak three languages and understand two more to a certain extend. Why am I prohibited from reading all the channels I would like to? I don't want to restart AoC three times changing the client language each time just to find out if there's any activity going on.
    So PLEASE unbind the access to those language specific Global channels from the client language. As a nice side effect it would enable me to play the game in English again which I did for 2 years before the server merge to Crom forced me to change the language to be able to read "my" local Global channel.
    In a globalized world with people learning several languages in school that restriction does not make any sense.
    GROGOR!!! *grunz*

+1 because I play in english but I'd still like to have access to the global_french.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Oh yes, please. That would be very welcome.

For example, I'm a German language player, but I use the English language client. This makes it impossible to look for groups or for players for my random raids in my native language Global channel. That rrrreally sucks. The community gets divided by this unneccessary barrier. Either merge all Globals or (what most would prefer, I suppose) allow everybody to subscribe to all Global channels.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

My favorite suggestion would be to add the other globals to the list of channels.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

+1

And it shouldnt end here, there are other stupid chat restrictions for F2P players which should have been lifted ages ago.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    Oh yes, please. That would be very welcome.

For example, I'm a German language player, but I use the English language client. This makes it impossible to look for groups or for players for my random raids in my native language Global channel. That rrrreally sucks. The community gets divided by this unneccessary barrier. Either merge all Globals or (what most would prefer, I suppose) allow everybody to subscribe to all Global channels.
    +1

I'm quoting Khaletohep, since his post mirrors
    my own "woes" and my opinion almost perfectly.

Also, please ban all russians to their own little channel/world/planet,
    since i find those kyrilc writings in "our" global most disturbing, if not
    to say harrasing ! (/jk, of course)

Regards
    Hawk
    Last edited by Hawkeye-67; 6th March 2014 at 17:27.
    "I have known many gods.
    He who denies them is as blind as he who trusts them too deeply."
    R. E. Howard - Queen of the black coast

Aerion Brightflame. One night, in his cups, he drank a jar of wildfire,
    after telling his friends it would transform him into a dragon, but the
    gods were kind and it transformed him into a corpse.
    George R.R. Martin - A Clash of Kings

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye-67 View Post
    Also, please ban all russians to their own little channel/world/planet,
    since i find those kyrilc writings in "our" global most disturbing, if not
    to say harrasing ! (/jk, of course)
    I'm also annoyed by the ammount of Kyrillc in Global, which is why I use to ignore them all. But the problem discussed here may also be part of that as I can imagine that a certain ammount of Russian players use the English client and therefore cannot communicate in their local Global.
    GROGOR!!! *grunz*

Since that global means english? I agree, some russian players can be very annoying, just ignore them. I don't suggest or force german players use local german channels. Most of russian players know english, what we don't know is german language. And it can be very disturbing or harrasing too.