Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Like This Game But...

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    1) missing - try to get some hit rating on your gear or feats/perks
    problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    2) last 5% - I´m playing since launch, leveled several classes, but can´t remember anything like this
    being a melee class you have to counter shields, so the more you hit on one side of the enemy, specially with main combos, the more chance the enemy puts 3 shields on that side, and that effect makes your hits inflict much less damage. So, check if that is happening, you will know why it looks like 5% health takes longer to die
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

Never noticed any of that.
    Maybe post a combat log?

He probably uses butcher combo which all butchers make mobs stack shields to the right. He probably thinks that which ever direction combo arrow points that direction it hits. Which is not the case. Try to use staggering blow which hits overhead.

I've noticed that last 1% thing. It's odd. Maybe it's psychological? You're wailing on a boss for so long your brain zones out? Or maybe it's just a quirk / bug in the games coding? I can't explain it otherwise.

It's not the 'mob turns green' thing either - I know what that is. This is something else entirely.

Has no one else encountered this? You'll be steadily grinding down a boss, the boss percentage / HP ticking down a regular pace, and then at 1% their this ..... I don't know what else to call it other than a delay. Nothing on the boss has changed from the previous 99% - same boss, same players on him/her. But that 1% falls out of sync with the regular falling pattern of the previous 99%. And it just won't die when it's supposed to.

For want of a better term, it feels wrong. I realize that sounds airy-fairy, but I don't know how else to describe it.

Is their something going on the in background perhaps that causes this? Loot generation, XP allocation, some delay to the server as whatever happens when a boss is killed it calculated, etc, in that final 1% that seems to drag on? But it's in the background, doing something and it'll only 'drop dead' when that's completed? I dunno.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

It could just be a mismatch between the actual health amount and the health bar percentage
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Probs the rising anxiety level of the player dilating time as he nears the fatal blow!

Some mobs though can put heals on themselves and have other abilities that mitigates against your hits when they get below 30% health.

Quote Originally Posted by NoComment View Post

being a melee class you have to counter shields, so the more you hit on one side of the enemy, specially with main combos, the more chance the enemy puts 3 shields on that side, and that effect makes your hits inflict much less damage. So, check if that is happening, you will know why it looks like 5% health takes longer to die
    I understand the shields perfectly fine. I have this issue even when I whack the unshielded or lightly shielded side. It's just a weird thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12