Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dumb Pug Raids

hmm.. i think i agree with the gold digger above.

Its not a big deal to lead the simple raids. If you dont want your weapon get stealed, make your own raid with balanced/class related looting. All you have to do is participate in a few one, learn/read the tactics and how to sort ppl. And of course you have to be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil77 View Post

wing1 to get shards for the raid leader
    wing2 to get the sword recipe for raid leader
    wing3 to get pug raid to craft an ibis for the raid leader

oh joy
    So true, really pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    The law - Raid leaders rules > whining non entities.

If you want to raid by your rules, make your own raids. It really is that simple.
    Not that I ever need anything from pug raid.

That reason, often used, of "run your own" is just a way of saying since you can't justify why they can't roll on gear they can use, you'll just force them to abide by them. You're right that people joining should abide by them. Still that reasoning is so dumb.

You're swimming into dark waters on that one. I could go on and on about pug raid leaders mis-distributing loot based on the old-world class attributes and not what the game has been made into with AA's and class revamps. Nothing you can do really.

Yesterday, an imbalanced PUG led by Shax, where he explicitly explained that class-limited items are only for the classes indicated in the item description and that weapons are for those who can reasonably benefit from the statistics, ended up with
    - a PoM needing on a ToS part (were those shoulders?) that he cannot use at all;
    - a Ranger taking the hatred sword (the Guardian sword).
    Both are from one non-English-speaking guild though.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 20th February 2014 at 09:36.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Newbie misroll has nothing to do with the subject.

Those things happen in any kind of pug, whatever the lootrules are.

its not a guardian sword. if it has hate it is good for all soldier. maybe the ranger had a green sword and the hate sword was an upgrade. ranger using a sword in combat is another story though.

When I started playing a year ago, I was an opponent of that weapon script, for the said reasons.

But now I became a RL for Tier 1 and Wing 1 and 3 and I changed my opinion. The problem is that "common sense" doesnt solve the problem. The examples you can read above. Where should be the line?

So in order to make the loot rules fair and balanced and in order to deal with it quickly without ninja looting, I master loot weapons. With the famous script. If there is no one from the class in need of that weapon, I announce which classes can roll on the weapon. When there are two from the class in need of the weapon, i throw a coin.

Havent had many problems lately anymore. Well, we raid with 50-80% guildies, i have to mention.

If everybody rolls on every weapon he/she can use, certain classes are at a disadvantage. If ToS/PoM roll on the "Necro" T3 dagger, their "own" weapons and maybe even the ranger weapons ("for PvP!!!111"), the rangers and mages hardly have a chance to get weapons, too - unless they also roll on the PoM/ToS weapons... ("me needz for unholy prot in PvP11112221111!!111").

Sticking to the old class limitations is the only sensible way to distribute weapons when rolling for them found so far (with the possible exception of ranger melee weapons, which rangers typically do not even want and soldiers profit very much from).

But, time and again, somebody feels the need to question that rule because he just absolutely needs this or that ultra cool gimmick - and doesn't care about "dumb pug raiders" he believes he'll never meet again anyhow.

So... to the TE: Do your own PUG raids, but be fair and advertise your loot rules in advance ("Raid leader will roll on necro weapons.").
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Both are from one non-English-speaking guild though.
    No excuse. If you don't know your ****, if you don't know the language (or don't want to listen to the raid leader for other reasons), then stay the **** away from a raid.

And I say that being from a "non-English-speaking guild".

As a raid leader, it's really seriously annoying when people behave that way.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234