Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dumb Pug Raids

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    I'd bet my AoC account that the people QQ'ing against Raid Leaders don't have the BALLs themselves to lead a raid. If they did; they wouldn't be complaining. ~

This!
    Everyone who wants other loot rules: Host your own pug and feel free to tell us how it went^^

To stick to the old "class bound" rules is good, and they only removed the bounding to add more freedom of choice to the game. But thats the problem - you give people more freedom, for a short time they are grateful, than they claim to DESERVE the things they are now free to choose...^^

Common pug loot rules are, that the weapons go to the classes they where originally made for. If those classes dont want them, the ones who can use them (most best) can have them...

If they were free to everyone there are two important points: 1. Were ist the line? Every raid member would have diffent opinions..." I can equip it I want it!Solo! Because it looks cool!..."....2. Some classes will have hugh disadvantages, because there are more classes, who want their weapons, but less weapons they want from other classes...great.

But honestly, those problems only pop up in pugs who are just thrown together in global, without voice com or real "leading"...where the chest is just ripped open...I think its a different way of playing. In the german com there are almoust no pugs like this, because pugs are lead like not-pugs and problems like ninjalooting or not having the chance to talk and agree on the loot are very very rare...yeah german RLs

If you don't like the raid rules, run your own raid.

As far as the reasoning behind it, it's based on the fact that they used to be class specific.

If we let everyone roll on weapons based on "if they can equip", then barbs would roll on guard swords, conq's would roll on barb weapons, hox's would roll on conq/barb weapons, poms/tos's would roll on guard shields. Tos's would roll on guard pole arms.

You get the idea. Simply making it class specific and getting past the obviousness of if the stats would work for your one toon. Makes it easier to manage.

In my raids that I used to run, if I seen a necro was **** on dps I would openly allow the weapon to go to everyone within the raid who wanted it. If I seen the necro knew what they were doing and performed well, it was class specific. I awarded stupidity with stupid raid rules, and greatness with a reward for doing well.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

if adopting common sense to this issue is too hard then go ahead with the class specific rolls.
    you are saying pug raid leaders are something awesome but most pug raid leaders are so bad that it hurts. most of them are playing this game like its 2009 and not only with the loot.

no wonder the community is stuck on doing t2 and t3 and only a couple of persons doing the end game raids.

wing1 to get shards for the raid leader
    wing2 to get the sword recipe for raid leader
    wing3 to get pug raid to craft an ibis for the raid leader

oh joy

Run. Your. Own. Raids.

All your problems solved. Its as simple as that. And because so many people are desperate about this stupid class restrictions and dump RLs you will recrute an army off willing followers, you will take over the buisness of raidleading in AoC, you will end this endless stream off free shards, and recipies, and ibis for those lazy old RLs, you will revolutionize raidleading forever, you will be LEGION!!!

But owwwww....wait.....running a raid takes a little more effort, and time, and nerves (and you would have to expose youself ingame...) then, hmmm, lets say coming to an almost anonym forum and criticise the ones who are actually doing something for other players...

"But...me just wants shiny thingis...all of them "

So just...RUN YOUR OWN RAIDS!
    Last edited by Feadara; 17th February 2014 at 02:35.

The raid leader decides if the raid is balanced, if there is item reservation, if voice communications are used, and if weapons are class-specific.

The only thing that a raid leader should do is advertising for his raids with indicating whether the specific rules (balanced or not, necessity of voice chat, item reservation, and weapon restriction) are used.

Also, there is always Master Loot and flipping a coin to choose between two members.

If you disagree with any rules and cannot find a raid for yourself, study classes, learn to sort groups, study tactics thoroughly, and run your own raid. It is one of the incentives from Funcom for others to become raid leaders.

There are also good tactics for finding whether the raid is for you:
    - if a person types the same line in one chat channel twice or more, he will probably lose patience fast in the raid or will get people to ignore him, which will cause slow filling;
    - if the person does not indicate the loot rules, then the chance of getting unpleasant situations is a bit higher;
    - if you see imbalanced raids, then chances that you are probably going just to get your simple relic, but fast, are high;
    - if you see that the person mentions his guild tag; then generally, he has his guild members in the raid (tanks, healers, most likely) that will make the run even more smooth.

Relax and enjoy the game.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 17th February 2014 at 06:34.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Bite the sour apple and get a faction weapon. They suck bigtime but no one will steal it from you...

Not sure what class the OP is, but Tamarin Tiger staff is pretty good for pom/tos, or Brittle Blade / Shadows combo too. Two Hyrkanian talis are pretty good for both Demo and Necro. Easier to get them as well than the raid weapons.

Setting loot rules at the beginning of the raid is often useless, people don't pay attention.

Last time i formed a W2 run, i did tell at the start that weapons would be FFA according to their stats and not about those old class restrictions.
    Yet, at the end i still had people sending QQ tells to me because some necro won the demo tali or something similar.

All in all, i think one has to decide for oneself. Just roll on what is good for your class and ignore the QQ'ers.
    It's Funcom fault if some weapons are pure crap, like those t1/2/3 iterations of that so called demo staff, same for the PoM staff, what a joke.

The law - Raid leaders rules > whining non entities.

If you want to raid by your rules, make your own raids. It really is that simple.

What I really hate are raid leaders advertising their raids as "All FFA" and when we get to a loot chest they pop up that stupid 2009 weapon script.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast