Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Loot from world bosses

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldan-Caine View Post
    It seems the WB sets are indeed light, medium, heavy, and cloth specific Maark, which makes sense I guess.
    That is complete and utter nonsense. The only set I don't remember getting on my guardian so far is the Fallen Leviathan set. It's all just a matter of luck. The only constraints on which set drops where are regional - some sets drop from every boss, others only from bosses in a certain region - Cimmeria, Aquilonia, Khitai, Tortage, Stygia (the latter includes Turan and the Dragon's Spine).

Quote Originally Posted by cynara View Post
    That is complete and utter nonsense. The only set I don't remember getting on my guardian so far is the Fallen Leviathan set. It's all just a matter of luck. The only constraints on which set drops where are regional - some sets drop from every boss, others only from bosses in a certain region - Cimmeria, Aquilonia, Khitai, Tortage, Stygia (the latter includes Turan and the Dragon's Spine).
    I know you have a lot of data and testing to backup this Cynara. And I was not talking about the all sets. Only certain ones like (Hero Ascendant, Fallen Leviathan and Titankiller for example). I got the Fallen Leviathan three times (in diffrent zones) for my now deleted PoM (about 25 kills) and I have not recieved it once on my assasin or DT who probably have about 500 WB kills each. I doubt this is just "a matter of luck".

Edit: Spelling
    Last edited by Maark; 14th June 2016 at 16:59.
    Retired

So does that mean guardians can get every set except Fallen Leviathan, and it is not completely random? With the amount of boxes opened I'm sure you can calculate the astronomically small chance you wouldn't have had it by now if you assume drop chance is the same as average of drop chance of other social sets. (seems reasonable considering how often most people, including myself, get it)

Not sure about this but the harlot set is certainly only for females and cloth users probably can't get the shattered colossus set either right? It would look ridiculous to see a demo in shattered colossus or a male in harlot set.

There may be a few more restrictions. It would be nice to get those out in the open so people farming for that single set on a char that can't ever get it, won't have to keep wasting their time.

Quote Originally Posted by cynara View Post
    Looking through all your WB posts on your blog, you guardian never got these 3 sets. So if you did ever get them, you didn't post showing it.
    Titan Killer
    Fallen Leviathan
    Hero Ascendant

From my own farming over the years, Titan Killer seems restricted to those classes who primarily use Medium armor. I got it on BS and Ranger.
    Fallen Leviathan seems restricted to those classes who primarily use Light armor. I got it on Pom and Tos.
    Hero Ascendant seems restricted to those classes who primarily use Cloth armor. I got it on Demo, Hox, Necro, and Sin.

I haven't worked up a spreadsheet/table of my full drop rates per class yet, but in general I farmed on some classes much more than others.
    Here is a list in order in Blue Box count:
    BS 1344
    Pom 1265
    Necro 526
    DT 238
    Sin 151
    Hox 95
    Tos 54
    Ranger 49
    Demo 38

The only classes I have not killed the WB at all on are Conq, Guard, and Barb.

1344,1265,526..... Jesus that's a lot of faming
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Good point, I had forgotten about the Hero Ascendant and Titan Killer sets altogether. I looked through my logs and I see that I got the Fallen Leviathan set on my barb and ToS, and the Hero Ascendant set on my HoX; I never got the Titan Killer set at all. So maybe there is something to the armor weight theory (for some of the sets) after all.

Quite amazing that people have farmed these bosses for 2 years now and only now are realizing this

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    Quite amazing that people have farmed these bosses for 2 years now and only now are realizing this
    ^yes.

/10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    I realized within the first 6 months or so that i, just didn't make a big deal about it or ask others for verification, since I had been farming it so much myself.

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    1344,1265,526..... Jesus that's a lot of faming
    And most of that was in the first year. I haven't had nearly as much time this year for farming bosses. Also, I will note, the Pom is on a second account, so all its kills were gotten at roughly the same time as others.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567